• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Censorship of the Internet by Google, YouTube, Facebook, BBC, Daily Mail & Others

Someone should build a website that strips links to the 'blocked' content youtube censors and provides an indexed searchable back door.

If it also indexed the unblocked content it could replace youtubes front entrance.

In simple terms youtube gets penetrated from both ends.

25 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Someone should build a website that strips links to the 'blocked' content youtube censors and provides an indexed searchable back door.

If it also indexed the unblocked content it could replace youtubes front entrance.

In simple terms youtube gets penetrated from both ends.

They all seem to be moving to something called bitchute.

33 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Does seem a bit over the top..  apparently even Ron Paul has been affected by this now.

He's a US senator for heavens sake 9_9

Not over the top, a concerted attack on a different viewpoint than the left an attempt basically to hijack all media outlets.

Just now, swissy_fit said:

Isn't this just going to open a niche for other search engines etc?

WGAF about Youtube and Google, they'll just lose their place, won't they? It will become known that you search first Google then.... whatever the new thing is.

Or am I simplifying too much?

They have a near monopoly and it would be hard to replicate what they've done. The demonetizing means the content creators can't fund their work.

Remember the censorship is by the community - it is a bit like Maoist China where people snitch on you so the authorities can then take their justice.

7 minutes ago, davidg said:

They have a near monopoly and it would be hard to replicate what they've done. The demonetizing means the content creators can't fund their work.

Remember the censorship is by the community - it is a bit like Maoist China where people snitch on you so the authorities can then take their justice.

The let a thousand flowers bloom type of approach?  

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Exactly that.

I have no doubt that in the decades ahead internet history posting records will be used before execution in the same way that wearing spectacles or someone having seen you read a book years previously were used in places like Cambodia, China, etc, as a means to eliminate vast numbers.

p.s.

We are fucked.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Exactly that.

I have no doubt that in the decades ahead internet history posting records will be used before execution in the same way that wearing spectacles or someone having seen you read a book years previously were used in places like Cambodia, China, etc, as a means to eliminate vast numbers.

p.s.

We are fucked.

Oh well xD

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

My biggest fear is that the Universe is indifferent. That doing the right thing does not matter a single jot.

The universe is not sentient so yes, it is indifferent. However, you are as am I. To not do what is morally right is fine if you can the new live with that. There is no greater reckoning, there is no judgement day when you maker looks you in the eye.  

However, if we all live by the creed, do whatever the feck you want, then life becomes a hell hole for everyone. Morality and doing the right thing means we can rub along as a civilised society. 

Just now, One percent said:

The universe is not sentient so yes, it is indifferent. However, you are as am I. To not do what is morally right is fine if you can the new live with that. There is no greater reckoning, there is no judgement day when you maker looks you in the eye.  

However, if we all live by the creed, do whatever the feck you want, then life becomes a hell hole for everyone. Morality and doing the right thing means we can rub along as a civilised society. 

How do you know the Universe is not sentinent? It might be and we don't know it. We could be that sentinentality? We might be the concious of the Universe. Or maybe the Universe just does not give a fuck?

I've just hijacked my own thread. Don't worry, there will be another shocking example of censorship along shortly. In the meantime:

2 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Hopefully :)

But not those bastard Enterprise Trekkies or that awful new Discovery one.

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

How do you know the Universe is not sentinent? It might be and we don't know it. We could be that sentinentality? We might be the concious of the Universe. Or maybe the Universe just does not give a fuck?

I've just hijacked my own thread. Don't worry, there will be another shocking example of censorship along shortly. In the meantime:

It may well be tmt but for me, that  line of thinking leads to belief systems in a greater being aka, a god.  I'm not convinced by any of that and rather think that this is it.  Once we shuffle off the mortal,coil, that's it.  Over and out.  

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I didn't know that they were making another one.

I've tried watching all the other random Star Trek stuff, but only TOS and TNG cut it with me.