DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Mandatory £210 for covid home testing? Government extortion.

Jonty Willis the Third

Dogtania

and meanwhile on the good ol' BBC they are only slightly hinting at a revival of mass cheap package holiday summer...as long as the vaccination rates improve and health passports get agreed on.

Greece already allowing vaccinated Israelis in, obviously they need the money to support the economy, urgently.  Israeli more than 50 jabbed up, second best UK over 30%.  F knows where greece is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56292087

Article starts off so positive, bold not me....but read the rest and complete junk.  I see they mention as many as 40% French adults may refuse the jab, viva la France.  

Europe could be on the brink of a roaring twenties-style summer to remember, with budget airline flights packed and beachside bars brim-full of happy tourists.

Some countries including France, where as many as 40% of adults may refuse a vaccination, are uncomfortable with creating rights for those who have had the jab - rights which are not available to those who have not.

Spain, desperate to get tourism moving again, has already said it won't restrict the right of entry to travellers who have been inoculated.

But if Chancellor Merkel is right, and freedom of movement is not restricted to those who have a vaccine passport, then travellers may feel there is no point in carrying one.

Huge political decisions are looming for Europe - freedom of movement is one of the founding principles of the EU.

If those decisions are going to help save this summer then the time to take them is already running short.

• Informative 1
apples
29 minutes ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

In short, everybody entering England

I bet it's not everybody entering England, if you get my drift.

Edited by apples
  • Agree 11
Jonty Willis the Third
8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

2 per person?

Yes, the first test is to be taken on day 2 of quarantine and the second on day 8. Accompanied by the usual threats - 'you must take the tests or you may be fined up to £2000.'

So not content with the original extortion, HMG then deploy their usual financial scare tactics. I believe there's a bit in there about prosecution as well. 

• Agree 1
Jonty Willis the Third
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, apples said:

I bet it's not everybody entering England, if you get my drift.

Of course, the poor dinghy people are totally exempt from the shakedown, the proceeds of which are no doubt being used to house the freeloading fucking cunts.

What a country....

Edited by Jonty Willis the Third
  • Agree 10
Andersen

Link below for reference.

England only: Must show a negative test (taken no more than 3 days before traveling), 10 days home isolation / quarantine, + 2 home tests @ £210.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england

Note arrivals from the Common Travel Area (Ireland, Channel Isles, Isle of Man) do not need the tests / quarantine. 14 days Air B&B in Ireland sounds like a plan :ph34r:

Edited by Andersen
Bobthebuilder
5 hours ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

The British people should not take this shit, and I suspect it won't be long before people start seriously kicking-off.

It was nice to see the Glasgow Rangers fans observing covid rules today.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
eta-carinae

You can also pay another Covid testing company around £150 to test and release any time after day 5 (so probably day 7 by the result). But you still need the day 8 test. Because "why not?".

• 5 weeks later...
Jonty Willis the Third

There are now a couple of petitions doing the rounds about this very matter. Still some way to go before either reaches 100,000 signatories though.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/575509

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/577580

I suppose the majority of the brainwashed sheep which populate this country don't care if their government continue to extort the populace under the guise of covid.

• Informative 1
Democorruptcy
On 06/03/2021 at 12:36, Jonty Willis the Third said:

Yes, the first test is to be taken on day 2 of quarantine and the second on day 8. Accompanied by the usual threats - 'you must take the tests or you may be fined up to £2000.'

So not content with the original extortion, HMG then deploy their usual financial scare tactics. I believe there's a bit in there about prosecution as well. 

I know someone forced to do this earlier this year returning from Spain and they never got a test result. All the firm were interested in was their money.

• Informative 3
Jonty Willis the Third
1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

I know someone forced to do this earlier this year returning from Spain and they never got a test result. All the firm were interested in was their money.

Pure Ronnie & Reggie behaviour from our esteemed representatives; the snakes outsource their two-bob money making scheme to some faceless private entity who then don't even bother to fulfil their end of the extortionate contract.

I suppose in their tiny minds Boris & Co believe the involvement of a private company will deflect any potential anger from themselves - "Nothing to do with us guv! Its just business. Private enterprise."

• Agree 4
Bus Stop Boxer
37 minutes ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

Pure Ronnie & Reggie behaviour from our esteemed representatives; the snakes outsource their two-bob money making scheme to some faceless private entity who then don't even bother to fulfil their end of the extortionate contract.

I suppose in their tiny minds Boris & Co believe the involvement of a private company will deflect any potential anger from themselves - "Nothing to do with us guv! Its just business. Private enterprise."

There will be a link back to a tory minister somewhere in there. Wife cousin brother etc etc...

The troughing is off the fucking scale.

• Agree 7
Jonty Willis the Third
1 minute ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

There will be a link back to a tory minister somewhere in there. Wife cousin brother etc etc...

The troughing is off the fucking scale.

And still all the idiots think HMG is acting 'for the greater good' in this shitshow.

The govt could instruct the Police to kick down people's front doors every Monday and take anything of value from the house, and as long as they stated it was necessary in the fight against covid, the retarded populace would lap it up like the morons they are.

• Agree 8
BoSon

I suppose the negate test for travel doesn't include the cheap and easier to access lateral flow test?

Covid: Tests to be offered twice-weekly to all in England

Surely one of these quick tests before departing would suffice if no symptoms so less likely to spread covid if the test fails to return a positive. Take one a few of days before travel in case positive so can get the PCR to confirm or overrule it, then cancel and get money back (where possible) if still positive so cannot travel.

Hopefully by June when the travel restrictions are supposedly reduced to a traffic light system, travelling to a place on the green list will just require one of these quick tests before departure at most.

If they still insist on the expensive test package they are taking the piss when good enough quick cheap alternatives are available.

MrXxxx
21 minutes ago, BoSon said:

I suppose the negate test for travel doesn't include the cheap and easier to access lateral flow test?

Covid: Tests to be offered twice-weekly to all in England

Surely one of these quick tests before departing would suffice if no symptoms so less likely to spread covid if the test fails to return a positive. Take one a few of days before travel in case positive so can get the PCR to confirm or overrule it, then cancel and get money back (where possible) if still positive so cannot travel.

Exactly this. We are now seeing UK government `climb down`.

They realised almost from the beginning that they had got it wrong, but rather than holding their hands up and `losing face` they kept on `digging a hole`. This whole LFD is their `get out of jail free card`.

The result?..hundreds dead due to missed operations, thousands long-term health compromised due to lockdown, and millions of pounds wasted on the whole Covid issue that could have been spent on improving the NHS rather than `saving` it...

...and why?, because `our` elected leaders are too arrogant to admit their mistakes...yet the Sheople will continue to `swallow` the bullishit uncritically...

...scandalous!

• Agree 4
nomadic

No way am I going to comply with this type of extortion when I visit family at some point this year.

I will just flat out refuse. F'em!

• Agree 3
sarahbell

They've said on the news today that we'll all be getting enough tests to do 2 a week at home. Whether we want them or not.

apples
16 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

They've said on the news today that we'll all be getting enough tests to do 2 a week at home. Whether we want them or not.

I wanted a source for this, so found one myself.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14547319/brits-two-free-covid-tests-weekly-vaccine-holidays/

No worse than "higher brow" sources!

Trigger warning: emotive newspeak. "Test joy", "huge boost for freedom", etc >:(

People will be able to collect or order batches of their free Covid tests - which provide results in just minutes - whether they have symptoms or not.

So not sent unsolicited. WIll be interesting to see what take-up is like.

Edited by apples
spelling
sarahbell
Just now, apples said:

I wanted a source for this, so found one myself.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14547319/brits-two-free-covid-tests-weekly-vaccine-holidays/

No worse than "higher brow" sources!

Trigger warning: emotive newspeak. "Test joy", "huge boost for freedom", etc >:(

So not sent unsoliticited. WIll be interesting to see what take-up is like.

Just stick it as a listing on a free site and millions will order them.

Austin Allegro
13 hours ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

There are now a couple of petitions doing the rounds about this very matter. Still some way to go before either reaches 100,000 signatories though.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/575509

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/577580

I suppose the majority of the brainwashed sheep which populate this country don't care if their government continue to extort the populace under the guise of covid.

I won't be signing either of those. They are both 'when did you stop beating your wife' petitions that legitimise the concept of quarantine and testing.

Austin Allegro
10 hours ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

This whole sorry mess has involved so much arse-covering that they could keep Kim Kardashian in frocks for a lifetime.

From the government down to the lowest functionary they are all either passing the buck or using vague language in order to wriggle out of any and all responsibility.

• Agree 1
Yadda yadda yadda

There was a free covid testing centre in London Bridge station yesterday.

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/health-and-wellbeing/coronavirus/book-a-free-covid-19-test?chapter=3

There was also a testing site down the road at Guys Hospital. I think that was for people with symptoms - although how they're supposed to get there without spreading to others is beyond me. You can't drive in or park nearby without walking through crowds (I'm not saying walking through crowds in the open air is dangerous just that it conflicts with the narrative). I expect the vast majority would arrive by public transport.

There was another paid testing site nearby - the whole of St Thomas Street appeared to be testing sites. This link quotes £119 for a central London (Marylebone) on site private test. Therefore the most money you're likely to pay. Home testing should be a lot cheaper and is £97 with this lot.

https://vivoclinic.com/shop/pcr-travel-test-london/

Large scale home testing should be a lot cheaper. A combination of a racket and a repression of freedom to travel. Shameful.

• Agree 1
WorkingPoor

You'll get free tests delivered to your door in packs of 7 from this friday.

You will be loving it as you can scum around wherever it is you hanker after travelling too, but.......

You will also be contributing to keeping the pandemic going for years to come with the false positive rate from these lateral flow tests.

See my other thread

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Agree 1
eight
3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

You'll get free tests delivered to your door in packs of 7 from this friday.

Post Office/Royal Mail?

Edited by eight