DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What lockdown?

Roger_Mellie

Out for a walk today that went through Brimham rocks. Sat and had some lunch there, it was busy for a cool, overcast day, not much social distancing going on. Even the cafe was open. 

IMG_20210306_141333_compress88.jpg

IMG_20210306_141338_compress9.jpg

IMG_20210306_141342_compress84.jpg

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 4
eight

And yet cases are cratering. And that despite the highly contagious British variant!

• Agree 5
The Grey Man

We went to the local park this afternoon. It really is small and nothing of note. Rammed. Coffee hut open. Wife said it had been open for a while.

Skateboard park full. Never saw a mask. No soicial distancing to be honest. Vague attempts at times. Very evident people from differing groups mixing. Mostly as it is so local difficult not to pass some one you didnt know. Bar me so I phoned a friend to tell him the above.

Yesterdays post work supermarket trip was similar except for masks and a different part of the city.

Edited by The Grey Man
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1
Bornagain

Presumably those who are vulnerable have either died, been ill and recovered, been vaccinated or are locked away somewhere.

The rest of us can get on with our lives - but no too quickly - as that would make the politicians look a bit silly - so slowly does it.

• Agree 7
Dogtania

Out for run earlier, there is a viaduct that is very narrow for a few hundred feet.  A group of cyclists were coming through so waited behind another couple of cyclist going the other way for them to pass.  This was in your face almost closeness.  Are we living dangerous?  Later at some shops (poundland indeed has a crappy radio station or something - was only in for a few seconds but the cheery voice told me to book a test if your under the weather geezer or something) pretty busy not much distancing per se or different to this time last year anyway. 

Iv'e got a photo taken last year probably about 12 months ago, before masks were a thing but after social distance, In the supermarket foyer waiting for admittance, every person standing exactly in the stickered outlined box on the ground, stazi high vized up and keeping miscreants from any infraction.  So different today.

Still lots of people walking out in the street with masks on, one runner below her nose whilst I was at the bus stop.  She puled it up before passing me though...I guess it's an etiquette thing.  Was Asian so maybe cultural too idk.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
Caravan Monster

Just been through town centre 9pm saturday night, bizarre to see the lights off in all the pubs. In before times the streets would be packed in this medium sized market town, renowned for it's vibrant local drug market. Now only empty takeaways and supermarkets open. Loads of delivery drivers at the takeaways, noticeable change in ethnicity - now look to be mostly natives, last year it would have been all foreigners. Small groups of young uns sneaking around residential areas and plenty of noisy hot hatch lads driving around, hope there's been some ace house parties and outdoor gatherings for them with the unnecessary shite their generation is being put through. Stopped on the bridge over the M1, passenger cars significantly outnumbering the hauliers and commercial vehicles, there's people on the move, be interesting to know where they're going late-ish on saturday night :ph34r:

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2
Democorruptcy
1 minute ago, Iamcynical said:

Some will never recover.  The ones in total fear for their lives will surely remain this way until they die.  The ones totally brainwashed will just do as instructed until they die. 

They are both dead now in reality. 

Which is why children now have to wear masks in school. They want to get them young.

• Agree 11
Iamcynical
4 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Which is why children now have to wear masks in school. They want to get them young.

100%.  Didn't Hitler once say something about getting them young, and it then doesn't matter about their parents do?  Its depressing.  I drove into town earlier and saw lots of mask wearing zombies outside.  The one that bothered me in particular was two young girls, about 11 years old I'd say. One wearing a mask.  Just what are her parents telling her >:(

Just now, Iamcynical said:

Edited by Iamcynical
  • Agree 10
tlc

4am this morning a pissed up group of older teenagers were loudly singing, laughing, messing about and staggering around. Good on them.

• Agree 6
montecristo
2 hours ago, Iamcynical said:

100%.  Didn't Hitler once say something about getting them young, and it then doesn't matter about their parents do?  Its depressing.  I drove into town earlier and saw lots of mask wearing zombies outside.  The one that bothered me in particular was two young girls, about 11 years old I'd say. One wearing a mask.  Just what are her parents telling her >:(

Nope, Lenin.

"Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever."

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
Micky Roberts
6 hours ago, montecristo said:

Nope, Lenin.

"Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever."

A policy also employed over centuries by those masters of indoctrination; the Jesuits.

"Give me the boy until he is 7 and I will give you the man".

• Agree 1
Ina

I drove to Wakefield last Sunday and I’m back there today.  Local “beauty spots” - Puggies and Sandal Castle were busier than I’ve ever seen them, overflowing car parks etc.   Riverside walks in York are rammed too.

• Agree 1
Popuplights

Was out and about yesterday, met up with a mate and his family, walked along the river to feed the ducks. This simple activity, along with the hoardes of other people doing the same thing really cheered me up. At the obligatory post walk coffee, we sat down on the outside benches, there must have been 50 people there. At one point a PSCO wandered along. I thought he was going to say something, but he just smiled and ambled away.  

Mirror Mirror
12 hours ago, Bornagain said:

Yesterday I was out running in the back of beyond - about a mile or so from the nearest road - when I came across a bloke out walking two dogs.

We was wearing a mask.

How much propaganda must he have absorbed  to make him conclude that whilst out on a walk  (when he will encounter just about nobody) he needs to wear a mask ?

What have our government done to the people, and how long will it take for people to recover ?

I despair.

These people are similar to people who get rescued from controlling personality cults, they will need lots of counselling if there are ever going to get back to normality.

• Agree 2
stokiescum

This is in California the most woke state in America and all the left did was squeel at trump about deaths .they ain’t worried now it seems . Ps there concerts are starting up has well over here they are still cancelling them including the 3 day event at castle donington 

B4307607-F071-4FC5-A07A-A32DAD9F094E.png

• Agree 1
maynardgravy
2 hours ago, Micky Roberts said:

A policy also employed over centuries by those masters of indoctrination; the Jesuits.

"Give me the boy until he is 7 and I will give you the man".

Edward Heath:

'Give me a boy of 6 and he'll be under water forever.'

• Lol 1
maynardgravy

The only thing that worries me about the virus fightback is that Bill is working on a more virulent strain 'to get your attention'.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Wight Flight

Seafront was very quiet yesterday compared to last week, but parking charges have just come in for the summer.

Just shows that if you want to keep people at home, increase parking charges.

• Lol 1
BoSon

Maybe those wearing masks when it appears daft to do so are dick turpin or yorkshire ripper wannabes. Be careful out there folks there are bigger threats than the virus.

Muggers, robbers, and thieves are loving the sudden acceptance of being masked up everywhere. Something that's likely being swept under the carpet as unintended consequences.

Long time lurking
1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

. The one thing that this whole farce has revealed to me is (1) how thick most people are, and (2) how easily manipulated they are too. 

I`m not to sure on thick regarding all i`m torn between that and too bone idle to think for themselves 

Caravan Monster
12 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

I'm sure one of the SPI-B behavioral manipulation goons was quoted as saying exactly that.

• Agree 2