• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

Terminator 2: 3D - Tomorrow Only

33 minutes ago, MrPin said:

A classic film. I don't think I will bother with the cinema.

The Terminator was the classic film.  T2 was just good entertainment.

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Shut one eye.O.o

Ah, but which eye?

On 28/08/2017 at 20:23, dgul said:

The Terminator was the classic film.  T2 was just good entertainment.

Ah, but which eye?

The one with the Exacto Knife stuck in it.

Posted (edited)

They really do need to give up now. Genyshit should of been enough of a clue that we don't want anymore Turdinators as there are now more bad films in the series than good. I suspect it'll be 4 - 2 with this one.

What's the villain this time? The LGBT-800?

Edited by TheNoSnowMan

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JFK said:

... it just looks so bad.

Doesn't it?

They've fucked it up again. I honestly think if they gave a few indie film makers 5 million (or less) and the rights to the Terminator IP they could crank out a far better movie than the last 3.

It's also funny how, if anything, the CGI has gotten worse since T2.

Edited by JoeDavola

Reading the latest 100 comments or so on YouTube seem to be universally slagging it off; people don't seem to be falling for this shit any more. Only so many bad movies in a row you can make.

I haven't seen T2 for a long time. I was a big fan on release, I had the T2 metal collectors box set. But haven't felt the need to dig out the DVD to watch it in recent years. It's a OK film.

I have seen Aliens, and Total Recall many more times.

I don't think they should bring out more sequels or prequels. Take a risk, think of new ideas.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

If I was a killer robot that could be any shape, the very last thing I would disguise myself as in order to go unnoticed among humans and get close to my target would be a pretty human. 

Vibrator

Amazed at how little the Terminator "liquid" effects have progressed in all that time. If you think about the CGI treats and electronics we all take for granted today that weren't around in 1991... bloody internet barely existed FFS.

Really was a film ahead of its time.

30 minutes ago, 201p said:

I don't think they should bring out more sequels or prequels. Take a risk, think of new ideas.

"The Finaliser".

It's about a robot killing machine, from the future.

3 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Amazed at how little the Terminator "liquid" effects have progressed in all that time. If you think about the CGI treats and electronics we all take for granted today that weren't around in 1991... bloody internet barely existed FFS.

Maybe if they make a REAL terminator (the tech is nearly there) rather than use effects, I'd be excited to watch it.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Doesn't it?

They've fucked it up again. I honestly think if they gave a few indie film makers 5 million (or less) and the rights to the Terminator IP they could crank out a far better movie than the last 3.

It's also funny how, if anything, the CGI has gotten worse since T2.

The CGI does look quite meh doesn't it.  Never think CGI can carry a poor film.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Reading the latest 100 comments or so on YouTube seem to be universally slagging it off; people don't seem to be falling for this shit any more. Only so many bad movies in a row you can make.

Aren't they! I read them after posting - very funny, lots of 'female robot, hispanic terminator, strong wammin', one about old arnie opening the log cabin door and saying 'I'll be back' then just closing the door out of embarrassment 

:)

20 minutes ago, Rowley said:

I noticed that in Genyshit. That films T-1000 looked worse than the T2 version. How can the FX of got worse?

Having just watched the trailer it looks no different than T3 or Genyshit. Just repeating T2 by having machine vs machine and an overuse of x-position. Only this time it's a woman with no tits and a Hispanic bad guy (how progressive). If rumours are to be believed, it's going to be a knock at immigration enforcement and the Trump administration. If so, it'll tank faster than Owen Jones' confidence outside a Birmingham School.