DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

How has the Governments COVID Policy affected you Mentally

Chewing Grass

sarahbell
2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I am becoming increasingly agoraphobic, have little desire to go very far, hate going to the shops or anything else that involves hassle.

I have become increasingly money conscious and desperately want to quit work but I'm the sole income for the house.

I have now become very intolerant of other people (the thick / brainwashed masses) don't like crowded or noisy places and hate busy traffic.

I also think there is nothing left to do and I'm quite prepared to let everything go down the mental toilet, but I can't as too many people rely on me.

There, I've thought about it.

Some of us had realised a while ago that the world is full of mad people

• Agree 3

Chewing Grass
Just now, sarahbell said:

Some of us had realised a while ago that the world is full of mad people

So I'm late to the party.

• Lol 1

1 minute ago, Iamcynical said:

As I've commented to several friends recently.  I no longer recognise this country as my own.  I feel like I'm stood outside a madhouse peering in through a window. 

Is it the round window?

Frankly this is biggest load of bollocks of all time, and I no longer believe the climate crisis crap.

• Agree 8

Iamcynical
11 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Is it the round window?

Frankly this is biggest load of bollocks of all time, and I no longer believe the climate crisis crap.

Yep.  Climate, covid, terrorism.  Its all manufactured to keep the little people fearful and in line, and obviously to make vast sums of money for the establishment.  Why oh why more people cannot see this I really do not understand :(

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Iamcynical said:

Yep.  Climate, covid, terrorism.  Its all manufactured to keep the little people fearful and in line, and obviously to make vast sums of money for the establishment.  Why oh why more people cannot see this I really do not understand :(

You are cynical Mr Ian Cynical, but I am going with your drift.

The Grey Man

From December I found I was aware I felt uncomfortable speaking out. I had before. 

I have used "it is my country as well" recently..adding patriot so I do not get roped in to a nationalist whine/insult.

I feel let down and distrustful of people.  Shocked at how so many people have lost the ability or refuse to logically look at evidence. All in a year. 

I guess I will be able to gauge wider views as there is more association.

Feel used. Betrayed. Bullied. Threatened. The thing is part of me thinks that these feelings were intended to be felt by many.

The plus side it has made friendships with those people I remain in contact with way stronger and more honest regarding the situation.

Definite growing anger to. It has been said before, this issue is going to split many when there is more mixing of ideas in the coming months

• Agree 9
  • Informative 1

Bornagain
2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This too affects mental health, especially now. I feel totally disenfranchised by all of them. Someone else has posted that where they once would cross the road to help a copper now they would turn away. I feel similar towards the politicians and the public sector lot. I feel as if I am outside a snow globe watching some tragic farce unfold inside and, no matter how hard I look, I feel nothing for what I am seeing. I just feel numb of the lack of critical thinking and of the herd mentality.

I have always felt that way about politicians.

Hating them is nothing new.

Covid has just given us another good reason to despise them, and has swelled the ranks of those people in our camp.

• Agree 6

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I feel similar towards the politicians and the public sector lot. I feel as if I am outside a snow globe watching some tragic farce unfold inside and, no matter how hard I look, I feel nothing for what I am seeing. I just feel numb of the lack of critical thinking and of the herd mentality.

Politics went into the gutter when it became a career rather than a vocation with the left being far worse than the right as the left have a big interest in farming poverty, the benefits class and the public sector bubble.

With regard to critical thinking, I have suffered from it all my life and find solace with other critical thinkers here whilst doing by best to groom others in critical thinking.

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

I am becoming increasingly agoraphobic, have little desire to go very far, hate going to the shops or anything else that involves hassle.

I have become increasingly money conscious and desperately want to quit work but I'm the sole income for the house.

I have now become very intolerant of other people (the thick / brainwashed masses) don't like crowded or noisy places and hate busy traffic.

I've always been like that. 😀

leonardratso

keep your shit together. Play this at all times to your advantage, whether is just to get free holidays and do fuck all while still getting paid or rinsing the system to the last drop. This too will come to pass.

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

Bus Stop Boxer
2 hours ago, Iamcynical said:

As I've commented to several friends recently.  I no longer recognise this country as my own.  I feel like I'm stood outside a madhouse peering in through a window. 

This.

• Agree 2

Bus Stop Boxer
1 hour ago, Bornagain said:

They used to say that Cannabis is a gateway drug, it is a first step along the way to full blown heroin addiction.

Breaking Covid laws might well be my gateway into law breaking.

I feel justified in doing what I want, and only now constrain myself with my own morality and the likelihood of being caught.

12 short months ago if I saw a policemen being beaten up in the street, I would have joined in on his side ; now I would cross to the other side of the road and walk past - I would not get involved.

If it was TSG id run home and get some mates to join in.

• Lol 1

Bus Stop Boxer
1 hour ago, The Grey Man said:

From December I found I was aware I felt uncomfortable speaking out. I had before. 

I have used "it is my country as well" recently..adding patriot so I do not get roped in to a nationalist whine/insult.

I feel let down and distrustful of people.  Shocked at how so many people have lost the ability or refuse to logically look at evidence. All in a year. 

I guess I will be able to gauge wider views as there is more association.

Feel used. Betrayed. Bullied. Threatened. The thing is part of me thinks that these feelings were intended to be felt by many.

The plus side it has made friendships with those people I remain in contact with way stronger and more honest regarding the situation.

Definite growing anger to. It has been said before, this issue is going to split many when there is more mixing of ideas in the coming months

I agree the coming months are going to see it kicking off. Everyone rolling at different speeds.

Supermarkets mostly i expect.