DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Refuseniks thread

Turned Out Nice Again

Turned Out Nice Again

Who else here is laughing off the vaccines? And who are you telling? And what blowback are you getting, if any? Report experiences here.

I'm tempted to take a public stand on Faceache etc. but there's madness in the air and I don't need the hassle. If asked, I'm just saying I "got it" more than a week ago (the letter) and leave it at that.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again
  • Agree 2

I'm not making any comment at work and if pressed will just say I don't talk about private medical matters.

My family think I've been consumed by hatred reading dodgy sites on the internet, and are all gagging for their stabbing if they've not already had it. 

• Agree 3
  • Lol 5

Austin Allegro

I've only spoken with a couple of people about it. Other half is as adamantly against it as I am; a sceptic friend has done a Peter Hitchens and decided to take it so he can travel. If anyone asks I intend to say 'not yet' which should suffice for all but the rudest zealots. I'm not minded to take a public stand until I have to, because I think there could be some nasty scapegoating down the line of those who refuse it.

• Agree 5

Wight Flight
17 minutes ago, eight said:

First person who asks me if I've had it is going to get asked in return, and loudly, if their syphilis has cleared up yet.

Here's hoping it isn't your mother.

• Lol 8

swiss_democracy_for_all

All of you who want to get on a plane to have a holiday or for work anytime, or for any distant family event, in the next 2-3 years will have to either get the vaccine, or a fake certificate and take the small to medium risk of being caught out. But you know this.

Everyone's life is different, but mine is unsustainable like that, so I'll take the risk of the vaccine. Can't say I'm delighted about it, seems to me with a combination of Vitamin D and Ivermectin the risk of anything very serious from the virus  is small, but I'm going nuts here working from the bedroom, I need a holiday. 

Good luck to you all if you have a lifestyle that can get by without the vaccine or fake vaccine certs, I can completely understand your stance.

• Agree 10

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

All of you who want to get on a plane to have a holiday or for work anytime, or for any distant family event, in the next 2-3 years will have to either get the vaccine, or a fake certificate and take the small to medium risk of being caught out. But you know this.

Everyone's life is different, but mine is unsustainable like that, so I'll take the risk of the vaccine. Can't say I'm delighted about it, seems to me with a combination of Vitamin D and Ivermectin the risk of anything very serious from the virus  is small, but I'm going nuts here working from the bedroom, I need a holiday. 

Good luck to you all if you have a lifestyle that can get by without the vaccine or fake vaccine certs, I can completely understand your stance.

That is a fair point if you think they can bring in vaccine passports AND make them stick.

I don't think they can, and will hold out to see what happens.

Living on a holiday island might help 😀

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

Andersen

@swiss_democracy_for_all So true.

Phase1 = needed for overseas travel, ok if you can avoid it - not everyone can.

Phase2 I'd guess = needed for jobs, pubs & reastaurants, access to council premises (the only time I got my temp checked last year was at a council office !).

• Agree 1

It's an optional vaccine. No need to make a big thing about refusing it.

I'm not having it, but don't see it as a big issue. If the Government wanted to make it a big issue they would make it compulsory by law.

I don't intend to go round talking about my views or discussing them with people. There's nothing to discuss.

Edited by Errol
  • Agree 9

Cosmic Apple
8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Got a 6month old, no foreign holidays for a while anyway!

I just ignore comments regarding the vaccine, like today in the office someone was saying their partner had had it and "You'd be mad not to if offered" - conversation between 2 30 somethings... not going to put my head above the parapet to say "Well actually...". Its easier just to keep quiet and let it drift on by.

• Agree 4

stokiescum

Well the good news is my dr can’t do my medical has he will only do hgv ones so being sent by social services to another dr. I should be able to wing it with him by saying I’m due soon if I’m asked about it . I’ve read what he has to fill in and no Covid tick box 

• Cheers 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
8 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

That is a fair point if you think they can bring in vaccine passports AND make them stick.

I don't think they can, and will hold out to see what happens.

Living on a holiday island might help 😀

I'm pretty certain many non-UK countries can bring in such a thing - whether the UK can do it is another matter - quite possibly not.

Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Got a 6month old, no foreign holidays for a while anyway!

I just ignore comments regarding the vaccine, like today in the office someone was saying their partner had had it and "You'd be mad not to if offered" - conversation between 2 30 somethings... not going to put my head above the parapet to say "Well actually...". Its easier just to keep quiet and let it drift on by.

6 months is the absolute easiest time to take them.

The next 10 years are the hardest. 😈😈

• Agree 2

Sasquatch

Had my text today from the GP surgery. I'm just ignoring it. Mrs S of the same mind fortunately.

Not bothered about foreign holidays for the time being but I would like to get some skiing in again at some point. 

Will be interesting to see if my sister goes for the jab. She had covid over Christmas. She's 51 so will probably get an invite soon.

23rdian

I'm waiting for see how the blackmail works first before showing my hand. If I get a jab it will be my choice of jabs at my own time and cos I want to get it. Not forced to.

I don't care who knows my opinion as I don't need any approval from our so called "society"

Edited by 23rdian
  • Agree 8

Wight Flight
20 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I'm pretty certain many non-UK countries can bring in such a thing - whether the UK can do it is another matter - quite possibly not.

Maybe. But do you think Mexico border force would know what a certificate from Guernsey would look like?

The bigger threat is still from airlines and insurance.

Edited by Wight Flight
  • Agree 3

49 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Here's hoping it isn't your mother.

That's who I was principally thinking of.

• Lol 2

UmBongo

I completed my first box of 'Lateral Flow tests' (NHS employee here). All negative results.

Been given a 2nd box of them and I am loathe to do it again imo. I'm not going to do it. We shall see if the number crunchers notice my nonparticipation and summon me to a meeting.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Dogtania
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I've only spoken with a couple of people about it. Other half is as adamantly against it as I am; a sceptic friend has done a Peter Hitchens and decided to take it so he can travel. If anyone asks I intend to say 'not yet' which should suffice for all but the rudest zealots. I'm not minded to take a public stand until I have to, because I think there could be some nasty scapegoating down the line of those who refuse it.

but it's only an amount of -very limited time- before your number is called, and then you'll either have to evade/lie or take that stand.

Iv'e already made my stance clear to a few people, in sentiment mainly.  Going forward I'm saying if needed, that there are one or two concerns, and the risk of covid is so low it just doesn't seem justifiable - better vaccines in the future, I think I already had, and my main litmus test that failed and works neatly for me - possible issues with vision.  I wouldn't take other risks that may impact vision and since it's so early days, and there are already a small number of issues presenting, then I'm happy to latch onto that 'excuse' for now.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

Democorruptcy

My jab invite arrived at my ex's house today. When I told her I wasn't having it, she asked why not? Told me I was supposed to have it to help old people. I told her by not having it, I was helping a more vulnerable older person get a second jab. Her cogs turned a but then she said "you don't care about old people!". Told her 'I don't have to have it to help old people then' and closed the circle.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 4

maynardgravy

Me thinks going abroad is going to be equally as hideous as staying amongst all the Karens at home.  Certainly in the short term. 

I think there's still plenty to play for as groups of lawyers galvanise and start fighting back- and yes, it's started already. 

After a year or so enough test subjects would have been infected, I mean injected, so the travel bans may fall by the wayside. 

Or I could just be talking shite. 

• Agree 10

MrLibertyRedux
6 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Me thinks going abroad is going to be equally as hideous as staying amongst all the Karens at home.  Certainly in the short term. 

I think there's still plenty to play for as groups of lawyers galvanise and start fighting back- and yes, it's started already. 

After a year or so enough test subjects would have been infected, I mean injected, so the travel bans may fall by the wayside. 

Or I could just be talking shite. 

I think this is something not to be underestimated. As with all the fines that have been chucked out of court. It hasn't properly started yet. Even if it clears up this summer I wouldn't be surprised if there are ongoing court cases twenty years from now over everything from education deprevation to lost earnings and everything everyone else can think of either side and in between.

• Agree 2

Democorruptcy

460 deaths shortly after vaccination so far but luckily the vaccine didn't play a role.

The MHRA has received 212 UK reports of suspected ADRs to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in which the patient died shortly after vaccination, 244 reports for the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine and 4 where the brand of vaccine was unspecified. The majority of these reports were in elderly people or people with underlying illness. Usage of the AstraZeneca has increased rapidly and as such, so has reporting of fatal events with a temporal association with vaccination however, this does not indicate a link between vaccination and the fatalities reported. Review of individual reports and patterns of reporting does not suggest the vaccine played a role in the death.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 2