DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

stokiescum

Well I’ve heard of all sorts of fuck ups regarding diy haircuts recently the worst normally involve dads doing their kids hair .figured today I’ve had enough. time to buy some sheers only had it cut once in 9 months so the saveing will cover buying some sheers.the result is not great ,hope it gets easier because I want my money’s worth off them .ps yes I’ve put some weight on look at the chin ffs .

7E810573-231F-4C1E-99B9-CEA7B36926BA.jpeg

• Lol 5
sleepwello'nights

I was starting to look like a wild Cornishman. Its too cold and windy to copy Poldark and get a scythe to cut the grass so I unpacked the clippers and asked my wife to cut my hair. 

Well, there's now a strange looking man staring back at me when I glance in the mirror, quite handsome really ;) in a strangely familiar way. It'll grow back when the sun deigns to shine I s'pose.

In the meantime I'll try and find where my beanie hats were packed.

• Lol 2
stokiescum
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I was starting to look like a wild Cornishman. Its too cold and windy to copy Poldark and get a scythe to cut the grass so I unpacked the clippers and asked my wife to cut my hair. 

Well, there's now a strange looking man staring back at me when I glance in the mirror, quite handsome really ;) in a strangely familiar way. It'll grow back when the sun deigns to shine I s'pose.

In the meantime I'll try and find where my beanie hats were packed.

My mate did his and it was that bad he had to bic the lot off . His girlfriend is well chuffed it’s made him look

less attractive apparently ps it is my old lodger and he had to leave where we worked 4 weeks ago after shagging one work colleague. To many think he was in double figures 

Edited by stokiescum
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Austin Allegro

Looks alright. A bit uneven near the temples perhaps. The trick with self-cutting hair is not to overdo it. Never do more than a number three unless you're doing it all over.

stop_the_craziness

I've been on this board too long.  I read the thread title as "Covid cunts" 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1
stokiescum
2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Looks alright. A bit uneven near the temples perhaps. The trick with self-cutting hair is not to overdo it. Never do more than a number three unless you're doing it all over.

It’s not uneven it looks like I’ve got ringworm 

• Lol 3
the gardener

I shave my head now. Used to run the clippers over it on the lowest setting, then went to doing it without any attachment and then went the whole hog of taking a razor to it. 

I'm growing a beard now, 8 months in. I fancy that I look like Ragnar Lothbrook. 

• Informative 1
stokiescum
Just now, the gardener said:

I shave my head now. Used to run the clippers over it on the lowest setting, then went to doing it without any attachment and then went the whole hog of taking a razor to it. 

I'm growing a beard now, 8 months in. I fancy that I look like Ragnar Lothbrook. 

Or guys that carry rucksacks on trains 

Chewing Grass

What's the difference between a good and bad haircut?

About 7 days.

stokiescum
19 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

What's the difference between a good and bad haircut?

About 7 days.

Hope your correct told the lad I’ve got ring worm then had to show him pictures on the internet now he thinks it’s ace he thinks dad got ringworm . The x is like wtf he will tell everyone at school I’m like yep it’s ace ain’t it . No sense of humour women 

• Agree 1
TheBlueCat
4 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I read it as cold cuts. Remember them?!

• Cheers 1
Libspero

It’s not too bad..   you just need to use a higher number blade guard so you don’t get those “bald spots”. About a 12 is a good place to start.

As others have said,  those low bits will grow out in a week or two and you won’t even notice them.

I’ll probably keep doing my own hair now even after lockdown.  It’s pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

• Informative 1
Stuey

Shave once a week on a Tuesday. Head shave with no attachments once a week in a Thursday, so it blends into stubble. Sorted!

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Yadda yadda yadda
27 minutes ago, jamanda said:

All right for you lot.  I look like I'm ready for the witches' dunking stool.

When you eventually get it cut keep the hair and sell it for a wig.

Edited by Yadda yadda yadda
jamanda

With the state of it they'd probably burn it or drop it in acid.  I'm never very groomed but I don't recall ever looking this tatty.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
apples
3 hours ago, Stuey said:

Shave once a week on a Tuesday. Head shave with no attachments once a week in a Thursday, so it blends into stubble. Sorted!

This.

I shave my head once a week with clippers, no attachments. Five minutes, job done.

Often the day before I go to Tescos to intimidate the pensioners.

When I first did it, I was thinking I'd look like Bruce Willis, but I'm not bald enough! :D

• Lol 1
Knickerless Turgid
11 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I was about to post the same.

• Cheers 1
Hail the Tripod

I was so happy with my last DIY haircut, I made it my avatar picture.

• Lol 1
OurDayWillCome

During the summer I borrowed my neighbours hair trimmer. It was so shit that I had no choice but to cut the lot off. This time I look like Worzel Gummidge! I’m not attempting DIY hairdressery ever again.

I should probably invest in some decent kit for the next lockdown.

Edited by OurDayWillCome
stop_the_craziness
14 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I read it as cold cuts. Remember them?!

Oh yes!  Monday night dinner - Sunday's roast cold cuts with bubble & squeak.  Fabulous

• Cheers 2
stokiescum
6 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

During the summer I borrowed my neighbours hair trimmer. It was so shit that I had no choice but to cut the lot off. This time I look like Worzel Gummidge! I’m not attempting DIY hairdressery ever again.

I should probably invest in some decent kit for the next lockdown.

Not just me then

• Cheers 1