Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

IAG (British Airways)


Calcutta
 Share

Recommended Posts

Calcutta

AFAIK the pensions are a state and the airline isn't much cop either but 200p a share, pre pandemic it was bouncing around 400 for a long time. I'm trying to stop myself pumping a couple of grand in and calling it an easy 100% gain when we can all fly again... Help... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Castlevania

Depends if you believe in the reflation narrative. However, I’d advise caution what with the EU having made a mess of vaccinating and it looks like Europe won’t be fully open until well into the Summer. Oil’s at $70 a barrel which isn’t cheap. Will everyone still have jobs to go back to once furlough ends?

What I don’t get is how Wizz are at an all time high?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Depends if you believe in the reflation narrative. However, I’d advise caution what with the EU having made a mess of vaccinating and it looks like Europe won’t be fully open until well into the Summer. Oil’s at $70 a barrel which isn’t cheap. Will everyone still have jobs to go back to once furlough ends?

What I don’t get is how Wizz are at an all time high?

Wizz won't make it, Ryanair, Easy, Lufthansa will do alright, the sctor is going to cull a lot of airlines.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, No One said:

Wizz won't make it, Ryanair, Easy, Lufthansa will do alright, the sctor is going to cull a lot of airlines.

I thought that too, but early on in all this nonsense I vaguely recall reading an email from Wizz about a delayed flight, saying they had three years worth of operating cash even if none of their planes were flying. Ryanair a similar amount. I've no idea how or even if it's true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta

I'm pretty sure I believe the narrative that everything will go rapidly back to normal travel wise once vaccines and vaccine passports are standard practise. 

Fuck it. Balls deep. Fortune favours the brave. 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Castlevania
1 hour ago, No One said:

Wizz won't make it, Ryanair, Easy, Lufthansa will do alright, the sctor is going to cull a lot of airlines.

I reckon Wizz will be fine. If you can tolerate the RyanAir model with the customer service of Eastern Europe pre the Berlin Wall falling, they’re good value to fly with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Mum asked if she should put a small amount into EasyJet and IAG a month or so back.  I said it's a perfect contrarian play, and I think she's now about 20% up on each last time I checked.

This is not financial advice.xD

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta

Right well, got in at 212p, they went up for a bit, now they've issued a bond and the shares are going down.  I idea what bond issuing does to the share price long term but if they fall below my buy in price I'm going balls deep again. Just love owning an airline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wherebee
9 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Right well, got in at 212p, they went up for a bit, now they've issued a bond and the shares are going down.  I idea what bond issuing does to the share price long term but if they fall below my buy in price I'm going balls deep again. Just love owning an airline. 

you're a braver man than me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta
4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

you're a braver man than me.

I'm too big to fail. Hopefully. Or not fuck it I'm going out covered in Union Jacks and singing Rule Brittania. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

longtomsilver

It's now one of my bottom drawer stocks and purchased about a month before covid became a thing 😂😂

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole otherwise.

Screenshot_20210318-132551_HL.jpg

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

It's now one of my bottom drawer stocks and purchased about a month before covid became a thing 😂😂

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole otherwise.

Screenshot_20210318-132551_HL.jpg

Oof.  We've all done something similar. xD

damage.jpg

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

It's now one of my bottom drawer stocks and purchased about a month before covid became a thing 😂😂

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole otherwise.

Screenshot_20210318-132551_HL.jpg

oof

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta

A month before the collapse I bought an incinerator and a load of pasta, started saving up empty bottles incase I had to take water from the river. 

And now look at me, buying an airline. 

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

deathfunk

A six month even money bet with a risk of bankruptcy. 

There must be better bets out there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

M S E Refugee

The Robinhood crowd seemed to like Cruise Ships and Airlines, so for that reason alone they look like a poor bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

invalid
15 hours ago, deathfunk said:

A six month even money bet with a risk of bankruptcy. 

There must be better bets out there?

Some press outlets referred to the bond issue as a survival bond.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta
1 hour ago, invalid said:

Some press outlets referred to the bond issue as a survival bond.

 

An oversubscribed survival bond tho. 

Look it was this or Gamestop and still beats betting on the footy. 

207 now, buy the dip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

invalid
10 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

An oversubscribed survival bond tho. 

Look it was this or Gamestop and still beats betting on the footy. 

207 now, buy the dip. 

 

Sir, you have balls of steel.

If you can ride it out and they recover there is certainly potential for some big gains on them.

I dabbled with them for a while when they were sub 200, as I lack balls of steel I chickened out and cashed in when they started going over 200.

If they go sub 200 again I may go for it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta
2 hours ago, invalid said:

 

Sir, you have balls of steel.

If you can ride it out and they recover there is certainly potential for some big gains on them.

I dabbled with them for a while when they were sub 200, as I lack balls of steel I chickened out and cashed in when they started going over 200.

If they go sub 200 again I may go for it again.

If they go down near 100 again we're into selling a kidney territory. 

Held off today, 206 I think it closed, I was hoping for a larger drop than that. By Monday there will be some good news vaccine shit rubbish and it'll be back a over 210. Should've pulled the trigger. I'm ashamed of myself. 

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read this book by Van Tharp a long time ago. It was a incredibly boring book that I made myself read.

The speculation should be set up so that that the risk would outweigh the reward. I think it is called the Sharpe ratio or Sharpe Index. 

If you speculate that it might hold this level £2, and get to £4 then the reward would be many times the risk. This is just an idea of a possible trade plan, it might work it may not. The fun is testing the hypothesis!

There are some reasons why we should have some exposure to airlines. Of course there is the Covid recovery. But it might also be a hedge if you like flying during in normal times. Perhaps the profits could go towards a nice deserved holiday. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta

Hit 175 while I was on the bloody school run and missed at least two of my ladders. Back up to 200 now but if it can hit 175 once it can do it again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

longtomsilver
44 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Hit 175 while I was on the bloody school run and missed at least two of my ladders. Back up to 200 now but if it can hit 175 once it can do it again. 

Only monkeys pick bottoms 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcutta
1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

Only monkeys pick bottoms 😂

193 now but dropping fast. Imagine if it gets back down to 100. My reitement plans are going to need a readjustment. I was aiming for subsistence, BA is going to make me a millionaire. 

  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
wherebee
On 22/03/2021 at 22:46, Calcutta said:

193 now but dropping fast. Imagine if it gets back down to 100. My reitement plans are going to need a readjustment. I was aiming for subsistence, BA is going to make me a millionaire. 

your investments in BA might be shit, but your home grown weed must be incredible...

xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...