DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

GNUS - Genius Brands $2.11

deathfunk

deathfunk

Just a heads up about a stock I hold in my ISA which has a few short term catalysts.

They are a media company with a streaming service and a few half decent cartoony assets. It's not a wonderful company, nor is it particularly cheap. But,

1. They have been pumped and dumped for the last year on supposed news of a big Marvel cartoon deal. The price spiked to $11.50 last Summer on what transpired to be nothing.

2. They recently stated the Marvel announcement will be by the end of March.

3. Now Insider Financial have given them a write-up. Insider Financial are great at picking microstocks and having a stock covered by them is a catalyst in and of itself.

https://insiderfinancial.com/best-penny-stocks-today-envb-gnus-maxd-mdmp/181136/

As I say, it's not a great company (yet) but it is a compelling 5 to 1+ gamble which ***could*** play out over the next few weeks.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 8

deathfunk

Just to add. the chart is very sexual on this one. Curling up very nicely indeed. Here it is for 2021 and again to show last Summer's spunk fest. Degenerate gamblers such as myself like to think stocks like these are "destined" to revisit previous highs. Of course this is magical thinking but if other people believe this then it can become self fulfilling.

$1 appears to be the medium term floor. Below that is valueland.

I guess in a market crash AND the Marvel thing going pop I could see this being valued at next to nothing - $0.25. I think you would be unlucky to get <$1 though.

Upside is somewhere between $12.50 and $20 in the short to medium term. $20 a share would make it about a $4bn company. Perfectly reasonable valuation in this market for a good little streaming service media company.

$1.11 loss versus $10.39 minimum gain (or more for those with steel balls).

I like this as a spread bet swing bet gamble. I just hope Mara spunks first so I can cash out there and get in here sub $2.50. To be honest I would bottle out at $10 because it's such a nice round number. I hold a few in my ISA too - I might let them run.

gnus 2021.PNG

gnus all.PNG

• Informative 2

wherebee

ROBLOX is played by every kid I know under 10.  All my daughters friends worldwide are playing it.  I suspect it will have a 2-3 period of intense interest and then be dropped except for a hardcore.

That means if there is some tie up with marvel, disney, etc, and the stock balloons, you probably want to think what might happen when the millions of users grow up into teenagers...

deathfunk
11 hours ago, wherebee said:

ROBLOX is played by every kid I know under 10.  All my daughters friends worldwide are playing it.  I suspect it will have a 2-3 period of intense interest and then be dropped except for a hardcore.

That means if there is some tie up with marvel, disney, etc, and the stock balloons, you probably want to think what might happen when the millions of users grow up into teenagers...

I would be looking at holding for a period of between 2 weeks and 6 months, perhaps. I won't be around when these kids grow into teenagers unless something drastic evolves within the company. The is a swing trade idea rather than a buy and hold forever idea.

• Cheers 1

The stock does look like holding a floor at the $2. Most of the weaker hands should be out now after the spike. What broker do you use and do you have a W-8BEN (if in the UK) may I ask?

deathfunk
5 hours ago, 201p said:

The stock does look like holding a floor at the $2. Most of the weaker hands should be out now after the spike. What broker do you use and do you have a W-8BEN (if in the UK) may I ask?

I use AJbell and IG for spread bets. I think they both must use electronic W-8BEN forms which take about a minute. I can remember filling one in for AJbell a few years back but not for IG. Maybe it doesn't apply to UK spread bets.

I'm going to open a 212 account in April because they have access to the very wankiest of penny stocks which CREST don't.

• Informative 1

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, deathfunk said:

I use AJbell and IG for spread bets. I think they both must use electronic W-8BEN forms which take about a minute. I can remember filling one in for AJbell a few years back but not for IG. Maybe it doesn't apply to UK spread bets.

I'm going to open a 212 account in April because they have access to the very wankiest of penny stocks which CREST don't.

"Why are you opening an account with us?"

"I need access to complete dogshit pink sheet garbage and you appear to be only broker prepared to sell them."

"Good choice sir! Delighted to help."

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

On 15/03/2021 at 15:49, Yadda yadda yadda said:

"Why are you opening an account with us?"

"I need access to complete dogshit pink sheet garbage and you appear to be only broker prepared to sell them."

"Good choice sir! Delighted to help."

Can you use my referal link code so I can get a free share? :D

deathfunk

So it was unfortunately a sell the news day. I'm still holding as there are too many geylords on stocktwits whining about Andy and that's a good indicator of this remaining a buy. Also, there's nothing to say Marvel won't come in later with their own PR (unlikely). The growth thesis remains in tact for a company valued at <$500bn. ER coming - maybe that's also shite.

They do need to start sticking some real numbers up though.

• Agree 1

deathfunk
On 30/03/2021 at 15:17, Tingles said:

Also holding.

Yeah. I averaged up on Monday to bob on $2 after buying my main tranche at $1.70 about a month ago. My timing was appaling and amateurish. Of course it was going to be a sell-the-news day. Of course it was. That said the investment case here can only get better unless Marvel, for some bizarre unknown reason, decide to pull out. I don't think they are contractually allowed to do this at this stage - It's surely a done deal. Aside from that they are sat on a huge amount of cash and are actively looking at acquiring more assets ($140m of cash v. MCAP around $500m). Technically, this thing has spiked hugely last Summer and again, in a minor way in Jan and March. It is undeniably a spikey muthafucka with a base at $1. The asymmetry remains sub $2.

Update here - lots of stuff the market already knew I think, aside from a little nod to the potential for Genius to play a significant role in NFTs. That might be the type of thing to create the next spike. NFTs towards the bottom.

https://www.gnusbrands.com/blog/post/6315/genius-brands-ceo-annual-letter

• Informative 2