DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

In the name of Covid19?

MrXxxx

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/met-police-chief-urged-to-resign-after-disgraceful-clashes-between-officers-and-crowds-at-sarah-everard-vigil/ar-BB1eyPZb?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

Started this post as I feel what we see here is more than paying respects to Sarah Everard on several accounts:

1. It shows how 'me, me'/narcissistic our society has become. The first evidence of this appearing with the death of Princess Diana and the gross public mourning of people, who the day before her death wouldn't have given her a second thought.

2. It shows how 'out of touch'/arrogant the police have become. They appear to be able to react rapidly with numbers, but lack the foresight earlier in the day to cordon off the band stand and then manage crowd numbers and access to the bandstand/area; this foresight/planning would have avoided such a situation. How no one within the Met failed to see how heavy handed policing on women and that the perpetrator/action of the crime on Sarah Everard could be linked is beyond me.

3. It shows how the police will either not win in the whole Covid19/public order debate and are 'piggy in the middle [no pun intended], where they are 'damned if they do/don't' in the eyes of both the public and the politicians, OR there is an intention by the 'powers that be' to incite such incidents for further authoritarian control.

Either way I can see this whole situation getting very nasty/out of hand in the very near future.

Finally, I thought it was very cynical of the Royal family to send the Duchess of Cambridge to 'show her respects' given their current circumstances, especially as the ruling by the court (and justification by the police for their actions) made attendance a breach of the law.

Edited by MrXxxx
  • Agree 3
Sucralose Ray Leonard
26 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

How no one within the Met failed to see how heavy handed policing on women and that the perpetrator/action of the crime on Sarah Everard could be linked is beyond me.

I suspect every poor sod in Uniform made that link but were ignored by superiors and sent to be the whipping boys as usual.

MrXxxx
34 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I suspect every poor sod in Uniform made that link but were ignored by superiors and sent to be the whipping boys as usual.

They take the 'Kings Shilling' they will have to face the consequences....If I was a serving police officer I would think seriously about changing my career on both personal moral grounds/belief, and future public disquiet.

• Informative 1
Sucralose Ray Leonard
2 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

They take the 'Kings Shilling' they will have to face the consequences....If I was a serving police officer I would think seriously about changing my career on both personal moral grounds/belief, and future public disquiet.

Hence my earlier suggestion that they go on strike as they are in a no win situation.

Not exactly a lot of career change opportunities out there at present.

• Agree 2