DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Apple cider vinegar

tlc

Thanks to @Conniption for introducing us to the benefits of ACV.

Being a bit of a dullard it took me until today to try it.

A found a surprise effect especially given I'm fasting 16 hours a day.

I took some ACV in water before I was due to break my daily fast and found I was not hungry at all. After doing some research I found its an appetite suppressant. 

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 2

King Penda

We should all wash our vitamin c tablets down with it or mix it with co-op whisky.

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

We should all wash our vitamin c tablets down with it or mix it with co-op whisky.

With lots of water. :)

• Cheers 1

Libspero

My wife sometimes drinks it watered down like tea with hot water and lemon.

It tastes revolting 🤮

I can drink it straight out of the bottle and it actually tastes quite nice..  but I never noticed any particular health benefits so don’t really bother.  I prefer coffee xD

Stinky Wizzleteats
1 hour ago, Libspero said:

I can drink it straight out of the bottle and it actually tastes quite nice..  but I never noticed any particular health benefits so don’t really bother.  I prefer coffee xD

Great way to dissolve your teeth lol

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Libspero
Just now, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

Great way to dissolve your teeth lol

I just do it for plaque removal :ph34r:

• Lol 1

Democorruptcy

Put my finger in some yesterday. I had a boil under the skin below my fingernail and had decided to burst it with a needle. Next day the finger was sore and swollen. Much better this morning.

swiss_democracy_for_all
4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Put my finger in some yesterday. I had a boil under the skin below my fingernail and had decided to burst it with a needle. Next day the finger was sore and swollen. Much better this morning.

:D You'll set @The XYY Man off - we'll be getting posts about how he rubbed a bit of ACV into his dick and has just  impregnated the entire Swedish women's football team in 24 hours. ACV - it's a fucking miracle.  etc etc. 

sport - The Local Sweden

• Agree 2
  • Lol 4

It's true, with the amount of coverage of this miracle cure on youtube it's rivaling that tonic on The Outlaw Josey Wales. How's it with stains? xD

Personally I've not yet tracked down any ACV but have found plenty of apple cider. More or less the same thing ain't it, hic. xD

Hail the Tripod

I like the taste on chips. Medicinally, I mostly just take a good slug of it if I happen to wake up with a hangover.

Dogtania

It's the new vitamin d @The XYY Man

I have been making the fire cider for best part of a year now.  Just had my daily shot.  I don't see what harm it's going to do, actually can only see benefits with all those good herbs sloshing around.

Although I think the ACV probably pretty good just by itself... Something about Spanish flu anecdote somewhere where one family had a half a spoon of bicarb a day and this may have helped protect... Acting as an anti acid, or more specifically i think meant to be alkaline and hence good to introduce to counteract our acidic bodies.  Acv similarly alakine I believe once in the body, seems to be an oxymoron but there you go.

Logic good enough for me... I'm not swallowing heavy metals or colloidal silver or anything too out there I don't think.

Caravan Monster

Good with hot water if you have a sore throat and kills the coof at a thousand paces.

• Agree 1

According to YouTube videos ACV can unclog arteries with just one glass. xD

Anyone trying it out let us know how the heart disease is going, when you're able to get a proper check-up next time. If it really does work I may add a drop to my normal apple cider. :Beer:

steppensheep

A few years ago I would have dismissed this as complete nonsense, but there is so much that is weird or wrong or unknown in terms of nutrition and human biochemistry that I now would think it worth trying. Acetic acid does actually play a part in the metabolism, so there is a plausible starting point for an explanation.

Edited by steppensheep
  • Agree 1

stop_the_craziness
On 23/03/2021 at 11:57, steppensheep said:

A few years ago I would have dismissed this as complete nonsense, but there is so much that is weird or wrong or unknown in terms of nutrition and human biochemistry that I now would think it worth trying. Acetic acid does actually play a part in the metabolism, so there is a plausible starting point for an explanation.

This.

I think there is so much we don't know for certain.

• Agree 1

ACV is best kept on a window ledge. Sunlight helps the mother to grow. The mother being the manky looking stuff at the bottom.

• Informative 3
  • Cheers 1