DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid ‘Advertising’ Until April 2023

JoeDavola

JoeDavola

https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/Notice/005534-2021?origin=SearchResults&p=1

The Executive Office requires the immediate appointment of an advertising contractor to build on and continue to deliver a multimedia advertising campaign on COVID-19. The contract duration is for two years commencing on 1 April 2021. The maximum budget is £2 million exclusive of VAT.”

• Informative 6

JoeDavola
11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Jesus wept.

Yep It’s getting shoved down your throat for another 2 years minimum.

Another reason to escape cities so you don’t have to constantly walk past adverts about covid.

• Agree 4

Democorruptcy

It's an easy enough mistake to make, the two does begin with the same letter as ten.

• Agree 1

Carl Fimble

Doesn't matter how much they spend advertising it, I'm just not buying it. 

• Agree 6
  • Lol 2

Carl Fimble
2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

You’d think after over a year of such a horrific disease they’d not need an advertising campaign to sell how bad it is.

Yip, anything that needs pushed as hard as this isn't something good. 

Though I may have been convinced now, Bibi makes a good case for vaccination here :

https://worldtruthvideos.org/watch/netanyahu-039-s-purim-video-quot-get-vaccinated-quot_IWqBK5JeDbWPUE1.html

OurDayWillCome
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Jesus wept.

Is that your pitch? I like it! You’ve got the job!

3 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Is that your pitch? I like it! You’ve got the job!

It's all I've got.

wojak yes.png

• Cheers 1

WorkingPoor

Been saying this for months on the holiday thread.

Emirates are not restarting flights until spring 2023 they binned all their staff accordingly. 

Had to wise up MrPin last night as he was thinking it was all over, told him he has got the whole 36 months of the pandemic. 

(The same duration as every pandemic in history) 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

Yip, anything that needs pushed as hard as this isn't something good. 

Though I may have been convinced now, Bibi makes a good case for vaccination here :

https://worldtruthvideos.org/watch/netanyahu-039-s-purim-video-quot-get-vaccinated-quot_IWqBK5JeDbWPUE1.html

That's a really good video -- They've done a very good job there*.

It might be full of half-truths, but that comes for free these days.

[* well, there's only really a single propaganda technique -- make the dissenting person look stupid, and you wouldn't want to be one of the stupid people would you?  There's also 'do it for all of us' and 'do it so that we get back to normal', but they're just there to set the scene.]

ashestoashes
8 minutes ago, dgul said:

[* well, there's only really a single propaganda technique -- make the dissenting person look stupid, and you wouldn't want to be one of the stupid people would you?  There's also 'do it for all of us' and 'do it so that we get back to normal', but they're just there to set the scene.]

have the people of the gaza strip been offered vaccines ?

Carl Fimble
8 minutes ago, dgul said:

It certainly had me convinced, now I'm just itching the have an experimental concoction injected into my body!

Carl Fimble
Just now, ashestoashes said:

have the people of the gaza strip been offered vaccines ?

Probably don't need it, I don't think Covid can survive long when white phosphorus is raining down on it. 

• Agree 1

ashestoashes
11 minutes ago, dgul said:

Newcastle?

the Israelis have denied having nukey brown

• Lol 2

Austin Allegro

Although this is total f*cking nonsense and an affront to taxpayers, it doesn't necessarily mean lockdowns etc are going to last until 2023. It might just be a sort of afterglow cuddle for the massive f*cking the UK economy has had for the last year and a half. Hopefully just lots of twaddle advertisements along the lines of 'Covid's still a big threat, honestly!' that will be ignored.

• Agree 1

ad_ceng

It goes away when we say it goes away. 

Marx was right in one respect we have nothing to lose but our chains. The question is are we brave enough to do it 

• Agree 1

Don Coglione
16 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Been saying this for months on the holiday thread.

Emirates are not restarting flights until spring 2023 they binned all their staff accordingly. 

Had to wise up MrPin last night as he was thinking it was all over, told him he has got the whole 36 months of the pandemic. 

(The same duration as every pandemic in history) 

Why then, at today's FA Cup match in Bournemouth, would Emirates be advertising on the hoardings "Our A380s are back in the sky"?

• Agree 1

Just now, Knickerless Turgid said:

Why then, at today's FA Cup match in Bournemouth, would Emirates be advertising on the hoardings "Our A380s are back in the sky"?

Australia are running an ad campaign to remind you they are still there, even though you can't go there.

• Lol 1

desertorchid

Wait until the non vaccinated start getting blamed for everything in the media, it will make BLM look like a teddy bears picnic.

• Agree 3

JoeDavola
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

Wait until the non vaccinated start getting blamed for everything in the media, it will make BLM look like a teddy bears picnic.

Yes I think the fact that there will always be a percentage of unvaccinated people will give the government an abstract bogey man, an ‘other’ for the public to take their anger out on when the restrictions don’t end.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1

desertorchid
1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes I think the fact that there will always be a percentag of unvaccinated people Will give the government an abstract bogey man, an ‘other’ for the public to take their anger out on when the restrictions don’t end.

Tbh i'm holding out but expect the pressure to be insurmountable at some stage in the future. I see jobs lost and relationships being broken over this. The PR and marketing gurus will be way ahead of a poor sod just trying to get on with life.

• Agree 2