• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

No you didnt.

That's got to be a huge struggle for her so I'm not withholding sympathy, and she seems a decent sort rather than some feckless chav.

I expect she probably did in a sense, short term money crisis.  Though as someone who got very fat whilst on benefits said in response to a question about how she could afford the food said "A packet of biscuits is 30p"; so I take it she meant that she was skipping proper meals whilst giving them to her children.

14 minutes ago, spygirl said:

These stories really piss me off, without an income and expenditure breakdown they are meaningless 

But then with the facts there would be no out cry or sympathy I suppose 

1 minute ago, Malthus said:

These stories really piss me off, without an income and expenditure breakdown they are meaningless 

But then with the facts there would be no out cry or sympathy I suppose 

I wasn't actually sure what the story was telling me other than some people are poor.  Maybe it's the So-Called BBC gearing up to start its propaganda war against Welfare Reform in the basis of feelz.

The poorest in society are the single under 35 childless unemployed; men and women but as they are mostly men the media doesn't get very excited about that.

If you're under 25 and find yourself unemployed you get housing benefit for a room in an ALMO and the JSA to the grand sum of £57.90 a week.  Now that's poor.

Turn 25 and you get £73.10.

Turn 35 and you get enough for a bedsit.

Bleak.

As Mrs H. (who is a nurse) commented when hearing that some nurses are so poor that they need to use foodbanks.

'Bollocks'

She may be in a bad way moneywise and she doesn't appear to be a chav waster however I'll bet good money (no pun intended) that she's financially illiterate and just generally crap with cash.

I've mentioned the girl I used to work with on here before. Three kids, single, not a massive chav, sixteen hours a week or less and she had more money to burn than the lot of us.

It's very easy to wail about the fact that you haven't got any cash to spend on your kids. I just wonder if a lot of these stories would stand up to a background check on the persons previous when it comes to how they spend it.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

WTF are people doing having 4 kids without having first established some means or other to support them?

I mean, I know this seems to happen in the majority of cases, but why? One could be an accident, not four.

On another thread was theoretical stuff about how European cultures plan ahead more because we've always had winter to think about. She's white European, so what went wrong?

That's my theory!

What went wrong is that that culture evolved over thousands of years is being wrecked by the welfare state.

Do nothing, prepare nothing, save nothing, don't lift a finger and you will be housed, clothed, and fed.

That's how you wreck a culture of planning, preparation, and self-reliance.

43 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's got to be a huge struggle for her so I'm not withholding sympathy, and she seems a decent sort rather than some feckless chav.

I expect she probably did in a sense, short term money crisis.  Though as someone who got very fat whilst on benefits said in response to a question about how she could afford the food said "A packet of biscuits is 30p"; so I take it she meant that she was skipping proper meals whilst giving them to her children.

She'll have been the most presntable for the article.

90% would have been fag smoking retards.

What bit about being under 30, having 4 kids and no jobs is not feckless?

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's my theory!

What went wrong is that that culture evolved over thousands of years is being wrecked by the welfare state.

Do nothing, prepare nothing, save nothing, don't lift a finger and you will be housed, clothed, and fed.

That's how you wreck a culture of planning, preparation, and self-reliance.

Ahem. So behaviour of not planning ahead is all cultural then? (people were suggesting some kind of genetic selection had taken place so white Europeans were superior)

There is no way significant genetic changes in favour of the feckless(should such genes exist) have been able to become widespread in the time since the welfare state has become silly. 

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Ahem. So behaviour of not planning ahead is all cultural then? (people were suggesting some kind of genetic selection had taken place so white Europeans were superior)

There is no way significant genetic changes in favour of the feckless(should such genes exist) have been able to become widespread in the time since the welfare state has become silly. 

I was not suggesting some genetic effect; I was saying it was entirely cultural.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

She'll have been the most presntable for the article.

90% would have been fag smoking retards.

What bit about being under 30, having 4 kids and no jobs is not feckless?

We don't know. I could make up anything and we're not going to find out either way.

Here you go:

She married her childhood sweetheart at sixteen and they planned their while futures together.  He joined the army and they decided to start a family because they both loved children. At the age of 28 when they had four children he was killed in an ambush in Afghanistan leaving her on her own.

Or she didn't want to get a job and decided getting pregnant by the local drug dealer was the best way to get a flat and decent benefits money.  Then realised more children meant more money.

Take your pick.

55 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Really? I can't be bothered to look up what she'd get for 4 kids but I suspect it'll be over £50k in cash and prizes while she does her 15 hours a week. Nobody made her shit out 4 kids she couldn't support.

I'll reserve my sympathy for working couples who earn the same as her (£25k each), working 40+ hours a week each paying taxes so breeders like her can spend the majority of their week actually seeing their kids and posting shit on facebook.

Edited by gibbon

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

We don't know. I could make up anything and we're not going to find out either way.

Here you go:

She married her childhood sweetheart at sixteen and they planned their while futures together.  He joined the army and they decided to start a family because they both loved children. At the age of 28 when they had four children he was killed in an ambush in Afghanistan leaving her on her own.

Or she didn't want to get a job and decided getting pregnant by the local drug dealer was the best way to get a flat and decent benefits money.  Then realised more children meant more money.

Take your pick.

I know the area she lives very well. 99% of the time its option 2.

2 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Really? I can't be bothered to look up what she'd get for 4 kids but I suspect it'll be over £50k in cash and prizes while she does her 15 hours a week. Nobody made her shit out 4 kids she couldn't support.

I'll reserve my sympathy for working couples who earn the same as her (£25k each), working 40+ hours a week each paying taxes so breeders like her can spend the majority of their week actually seeing their kids and posting shit on facebook.

Huge struggle to bring up four kids on her own; it just is.  

I have heard that most foodbank use here is by working people because of the low wages and high rents.

I wasn't suggesting or implying (as the So-Called BBC is) that she should get more money.

Without seeing a statement of what she has coming in and what she spends her money on, I don't want to judge. But I suspect some education about how to manage money would do them all some good.

One of them in the interview seemed surprised her kids birthdays come in quick succession. Well I assume they did the same last year and the year before that. 
Managing children's expectations is easy if you are honest with them and don't try to give them a false reality of them having tons of crap they don't actually need.

54 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

The Nobel Prize winning scientist that discovered DNA said there were genetic differences in intelligence between the races.

33 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Without seeing a statement of what she has coming in and what she spends her money on, I don't want to judge. But I suspect some education about how to manage money would do them all some good.
Managing children's expectations is easy if you are honest with them and don't try to give them a false reality of them having tons of crap they don't actually need.

Can you come and educate my wife for a week or so? :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

maybe state benefits should be given in food vouchers? why should people basically living on charity be able to smoke and fly to Tenerife?

to touch upon another thread, she's likely someone that could win the lottery then be claiming benefits in 5 years.

The point of the report is an increase in use of a free food club for kids. It's the same as food banks, we never used to have them in this country, their increase in availability and use came from a government policy change rather than some sudden increased desperate need (not saying there isn't some link there). 

Hardly surprising that if you go round offering free alternatives to people they will take them and use the cash elsewhere. 

Also feeds into what people here are saying, the report is basically saying kids in holidays are not getting meals, the insinuation that it's because parents can't afford it when I suspect in a large number of cases the parents haven't planned properly and want to farm the problem off to the state (the same as they do for all their needs). 

As you say, this has all come about from New Labour and their policy of giving people on benefits "choices", they shouldn't have to suffer the stigma of using vouchers or being told where they can and cannot live. Madness in my opinion. 

Last century you needed to be a property owner to get the vote. Nowadays even unemployed chavs get the vote :( it doesn't seem right that the feckless and lazy get the exact same vote as hardworking employed people.

I cant help thinking that there should be an extra qualification as to who can vote. Maybe having say over £10k in the bank or paying income tax.

4 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Last century you needed to be a property owner to get the vote. Nowadays even unemployed chavs get the vote :( it doesn't seem right that the feckless and lazy get the exact same vote as hardworking employed people.

I cant help thinking that there should be an extra qualification as to who can vote. Maybe having say over £10k in the bank or paying income tax.

Thats a problem with a non contributary benefit system rather than democracy.

Maybe there should be no council tax disocunt/letoff for anyone.