• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bakez

Thats another million jobs outsourced

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170829-how-to-be-truly-inclusive-of-non-binary-genders-at-work

“It would be lovely if I got a job somewhere and the management system already had non-binary gender options,” Nelson says. “Or there were already gender-neutral washrooms, so I don’t have to educate people, so I can feel comfortable working there. It’s frustrating having to do so much extra work as soon as you get hired.”

I'm surprised these people have the audacity to complain when theres literally 3 billion people ready and waiting to take the job on 1/10th of the pay

Go on, someone do it.

Oh, OK then.

There are 10 types of people who understand binary - those who do and those that dont.

5 minutes ago, Bakez said:

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170829-how-to-be-truly-inclusive-of-non-binary-genders-at-work

I'm surprised these people have the audacity to complain when theres literally 3 billion people ready and waiting to take the job on 1/10th of the pay

We have a gender neutral washroom at work ... theres only one.

You always get this patronising tone about "educating" people like they're thick.  And the sheer arrogance of demanding people enquire of their preferred form of address. Well you can call me My Lord thank you very much because I'm feeling aristocratic fluid today.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

You always get this patronising tone about "educating" people like they're thick.  And the sheer arrogance of demanding people enquire of their preferred form of address. Well you can call me My Lord thank you very much because I'm feeling aristocratic fluid today.

My title is Dr. I use it. I've worked fecking hard for it.  The number of people  I come across who refuse to acknowledge this and who insist on using Mrs (they don't even know whether I'm married) beggars belief. It tends to be people who are not educated themselves , such as estate agents, car salespeople and the like. I walked out of an estate agents as after explaining my title three times, the arrogant, thick woman kept referring to me as Mrs. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I walked out of an estate agents as after explaining my title three times, the arrogant, thick woman kept referring to me as Mrs. 

I bet somewhere on the Internet the estate agent has said "she kept saying she was a doctor even though she never worked in a hospital or GP surgery. She then stormed out".

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

I bet somewhere on the Internet the estate agent has said "she kept saying she was a doctor even though she never worked in a hospital or GP surgery. She then stormed out".

xD  I left quietly and took my business elsewhere. Nope, never been near the health service, I'm a proper doctor as they say in my circles. B|

32 minutes ago, Bakez said:

Yeah, pick that spade up and get shovelling.

See, no title required.

Did anyone else notice the bit at the top?

This website is produced by BBC Global News Ltd, a commercial company owned by the So-Called BBC (and just the So-Called BBC). No money from the licence fee was used to create this website. The money we make from it is re-invested to help fund the So-Called BBC’s international journalism.

How on earth would this website make any money; there isn't any advertising? o.O

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

We had to do a workshop on respecting identities. They went round the room asking what pronouns each of us prefers. I said "King monkey, great sage and equal of heaven" (I was a big fan of the TV show Monkey as a child). The moderator said I was being deliberately disruptive, to which I replied "I identify as a disruptive person." Everyone else sniggered. She ignored me for the rest of the workshop. 

xD

Top work sir, I mean top work King monkey, great sage and equal of heaven!

54 minutes ago, One percent said:

My title is Dr. I use it. I've worked fecking hard for it.  The number of people  I come across who refuse to acknowledge this and who insist on using Mrs (they don't even know whether I'm married) beggars belief. It tends to be people who are not educated themselves , such as estate agents, car salespeople and the like. I walked out of an estate agents as after explaining my title three times, the arrogant, thick woman kept referring to me as Mrs. 

You know that everyone will refer to you as "Mrs 1%" from now on. That's just how genuine affectionate banter works. It's literally the opposite of what they try to teach in tedious inclusivity training/workshops.

20 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

You know that everyone will refer to you as "Mrs 1%" from now on. That's just how genuine affectionate banter works. It's literally the opposite of what they try to teach in tedious inclusivity training/workshops.

Yeah, I know. On here I don't care, but when I'm doing business with someone, I expect them to get my title correct, especially when I have told them what it is on more than one occasion. It's just common curtesy and getting it wrong just smacks of arrogance. (The woman in the estate agents this was especially so). 

56 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Can you imagine just what an utter fucking nightmare it would be employing someone like that?

"I demand you install an entire new toilet area at great expense as none of them are gender neutral"

"Eh? They all fucking flush the same don't they?"

- THE TRIGGERING! - 

"I demand my own safe space when something happens that I don't like"

"I've got one of those too, it's called 'The Pub'."

- TRIGGERED! - 

You'd be broke or become mentally unwell just catering for the bawbags.

Well it does bring in millions .... actually its a checkout it.

Time to bring in an auto til.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

We had to do a workshop on respecting identities. They went round the room asking what pronouns each of us prefers. I said "King monkey, great sage and equal of heaven" (I was a big fan of the TV show Monkey as a child). The moderator said I was being deliberately disruptive, to which I replied "I identify as a disruptive person." Everyone else sniggered. She ignored me for the rest of the workshop. 

I had you down as more Pigsy.

I believe a lady Doctor is a Doctress.

Now that that's settled, pop off and make us a cuppa, luv.

:D Childish and pointless, but I identify with childish behaviour of that sort 100% when provoked by incredibly annoying things like workshops on identity - FFS!  I think you need to change your forum name to to King Monkey, great sage and equal of heaven.