DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

No Summer Holidays To Be Allowed In 2021

Libspero

Libspero

Who will rid us of these turbulent priests medical advisors? 

Summer holidays overseas are "extremely unlikely" because of the risk of travellers bringing coronavirus variants back to the UK, a scientist on a government advisory body has said.

The UK faces a "real risk" if people travel abroad, Dr Mike Tildesley said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56467813

• Agree 3

Libspero
1 minute ago, tlc said:

Buy a boat? 

The airlines are still operating..   but I might consider that a good plan “b”.

I’m actually getting closer to suggesting to the wife that she takes the kids to the in-laws and schools them abroad for a year.   “Education” is a valid reason for travel,  and you couldn’t expect a 5 & 6 year old to travel alone.

They can come back when the UK gets its s**t together :/

• Agree 6

Green Devil
7 minutes ago, Libspero said:

The airlines are still operating..   but I might consider that a good plan “b”.

I’m actually getting closer to suggesting to the wife that she takes the kids to the in-laws and schools them abroad for a year.   “Education” is a valid reason for travel,  and you couldn’t expect a 5 & 6 year old to travel alone.

They can come back when the UK gets its s**t together :/

Yet the airports and the ports are still open and allowing people incoming?

So its one rule for the British and another rule for everyone else?

Fuck em!

• Agree 2

We've got ourselves into 'an assumption of no'.

We really need to change to 'an assumption of yes'.

As it is we're going to be frightened of this forever.

• Agree 10

Libspero
4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

By summer (say July onward) won't the vaccines have been offered to pretty much everyone?

Therefore if people can't go away after that point, when can they?

Most talk about needing both jabs.  12 weeks apart from memory.  Many are unlikely to get their first jab before June..  so that’s autumn before you get the second.   Most are still accepting negative tests instead of jabs though.

As for when the British medical advisors will choose to relinquish their grip on the levers of power..   hmm.. 

• Agree 1

JoeDavola
Just now, Libspero said:

Most talk about needing both jabs.  12 weeks apart from memory.  Many are unlikely to get their first jab before June..  so that’s autumn before you get the second.   Most are still accepting negative tests instead of jabs though.

As for when the British medical advisors will choose to relinquish their grip on the levers of power..   hmm.. 

It does sound like the docs once again erring on the side of paranoia to relieve potential pressure on NHS, regardless of what industries they continue to destroy.

• Agree 6

21 minutes ago, ccc said:

People did it all last summer. We didn't have any "vaccines". And the NHS was perfectly fine. 

Why are these basic points never told to these "experts" and answers demanded ? 

You've got to assume now this is a target outcome rather than an unfortunate consequence.

• Agree 11

swiss_democracy_for_all

Unless someone has been telling porky pies on a massive scale (entirely possible), the pressure on the NHS should be over now, never mind in summer. All the vulnerable are vaccinated, only a small proportion of younger people with Covid should require hospital.

So this is maybe more of an admission that the vaccines might be useless against some variants.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
  • Agree 11

Libspero
9 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

It does sound like the docs once again erring on the side of paranoia to relieve potential pressure on NHS, regardless of what industries they continue to destroy.

I think a lot of the NHS are enjoying swinging the lead.  I was told there's no routine surgery allowed until after the summer at the earliest.  WTF are they all doing?

• Agree 6

JoeDavola
3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I think a lot of the NHS are enjoying swinging the lead.  I was told there's no routine surgery allowed until after the summer at the earliest.  WTF are they all doing?

Fuck all by the sounds of it.

• Agree 4

JoeDavola
39 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Unless someone has been telling porky pies on a massive scale (entirely possible), the pressure on the NHS should be over now, never mind in summer. All the vulnerable are vaccinated, only a small proportion of younger people with Covid should require hospital.

So this is maybe more of an admission that the vaccines might be useless against some variants.

Only time I've been at a hospital in the last 2 years was for my kidney scan that was posponed for a year because covid.

When I arrived, the waiting room was completely empty. No patients passed me on the way out once the nurse came to collect me. No patients waiting in the waiting room when I left about 40 mins later.

Actually I had to go get my shoes as well....same story, different hospital. Waiting room was empty bar a nurse sat texting and watching telly whose only job seemed to be to keep an eye on an empty waiting room.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Green Devil
47 minutes ago, Libspero said:

50% of the population are vaxxed now, all the over 50s which are more at risk of hospitalisation. Theres no reason why they shouldnt. The virus should weaken naturally in a few months, summer hoards to bournemouth, then the over 50s can have their winter top up modified for the south african/brazilan super strains. Thats how i see it going forward.

• Agree 2

Green Devil
1 minute ago, NTB said:

Not all the over 50's...

Fuck your vaccine, I'm DOSBODS

The point is that the "at risk" groups are seen to been "offered" the vaccine. Now there is now reason to keep the place shut down. Opening up coming IMO.

• Agree 2

Libspero
3 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

50% of the population are vaxxed now, all the over 50s which are more at risk of hospitalisation. Theres no reason why they shouldnt. The virus should weaken naturally in a few months, summer hoards to bournemouth, then the over 50s can have their winter top up modified for the south african/brazilan super strains. Thats how i see it going forward.

I don’t think that’s quite accurate.   I don’t think all over 50s equals half the population.  And even then,  how many have had both jabs?

That aside,  I think you’re right about how it should go forward,   except I’ll be pissed if my wife can’t see her family again this year..   not because other governments have banned us bringing the Kent strain over to them,  but because our own government are happy to lock us in indefinitely.

• Agree 1

Libspero
4 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

The point is that the "at risk" groups are seen to been "offered" the vaccine. Now there is now reason to keep the place shut down. Opening up coming IMO.

That’s what I thought..  yet this travel ban on British citizens leaving the country suggests otherwise.

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
14 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Lets fact check that with this graph.

I will get my calculator out.

25.22 Million over 50s

Fact check = blatantly false

37.1 Million under 50s

If every over 50 had 1 shot it would be 40.44%

1059900220_Screenshotfrom2021-03-2020-37-16.png.d5aca3ec70c2824e4d343e0e94b8272d.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/281174/uk-population-by-age/

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Bedrag Justesen
30 minutes ago, NTB said:

Not all the over 50's...

Fuck your vaccine, I'm DOSBODS

We could all die.

It will be YOUR fault.   >:(

• Cheers 1

Hopeful
1 hour ago, Libspero said:

Who will rid us of these turbulent priests medical advisors? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56467813

They didn't mind people travelling in January 2020

Travel with a -ve test and a covid vaccination might be the plan.

Could be all about the vaccine - Pour encourager les autres

Edited by Hopeful
  • Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda
27 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I don’t think that’s quite accurate.   I don’t think all over 50s equals half the population.  And even then,  how many have had both jabs?

That aside,  I think you’re right about how it should go forward,   except I’ll be pissed if my wife can’t see her family again this year..   not because other governments have banned us bringing the Kent strain over to them,  but because our own government are happy to lock us in indefinitely.

It doesn't. However, a hefty chunk of the younger population is classified as vulnerable for one reason or another. I think we're at around 50% of the adult population vaccinated with at least one dose. Of course the accuracy of that 50% stat relies on the authorities knowing how many people are in the country. As they keep offering vaccination to people who live abroad I doubt they do.

• Agree 1