DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The White Rose

JoeDavola

Hail the Tripod
36 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Hmmm, a non-violent, intellectual resistance group calling itself the White Rose?

Certainly an interesting choice of name....

I would assume that was quite deliberate.

• Agree 3

George Dawes

Yes I saw something similar out walking today and on bus stops etc. I will try to take photos when I spot them.

9565040F-6E2B-454A-828A-6C4A1FE602E8.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

unregistered_guest
40 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I would assume that was quite deliberate.

Indeed. It's not just what they say about themselves. It's what their choice of name says about who they oppose...

• Agree 3

Vendetta
1 minute ago, Option5 said:

The White Rose were a resistance organisation against the Nazis in Munich in the early 1940s.

45C001AD-BBD5-429D-B452-7B9633657A65.jpeg

07228EE6-F3F2-4905-BEFE-B3681918292C.jpeg

7411A6AE-5590-4201-912F-D2FA7476DA69.jpeg

CAC2CCC5-8A84-455B-8D05-DB008CFCD5AC.jpeg

Edited by Vendetta
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The Generation Game
13 minutes ago, Option5 said:

The White Rose were a resistance organisation against the Nazis in Munich in the early 1940s.

Petals in our time. 

• Agree 1

Dogtania

I like the idea and maybe could get behind spreading some of these posters. Not sure what difference it will make but at least I'm doing something or for posterity can feel I didn't lie supine.

There is only one person I know (I think!) that would be fully behind and i wouldn't hesitate to tell... Sad that other people i would keep quiet about... It is sort of a resistance movement in this way, underground.

On the other hand I really don't want to be exposed by some CCTV or drone for future singling out.... More about choosing your battles rather than being mortified etc.  I'm sure I'm probably thinking about it too much.  Going to start watching and taking photos if I see a few..I have seen one or two not sure affiliated, as well as graffiti etc.

• Agree 5

Not sure why they say you need one of those specific Brother sticker printers - I would have thought any old printer would do, just buy A4 sticker sheets, no?

• Agree 3

Bus Stop Boxer

I think when people pick up their copy of the Sun tomorrow or the Mail etc and see that the holiday they rolled up their sleeve for,has been pulled from under their feet again, well..........

Come on Britian, your dreams of 2 weeks in Shagaluf have been smashed agaiiiin...

What ya gonna do?

Could be a few slower pennies dropping tomorrow.

• Agree 6