DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The White Rose

JoeDavola

Kilham
22 minutes ago, eight said:

Seen quite a few in the park here. It's noticeable that there is definitely some attempt made to remove them. Whereas your common or garden variety graffiti or damage can sustain for years.

I've noticed that driving around, plenty of the usual tags, insults and even flat earth comments that have been there for years on various bits of concrete. Then there's the suspiciously fresh rectangles of grey paint.

Austin Allegro
49 minutes ago, eight said:

Seen quite a few in the park here. It's noticeable that there is definitely some attempt made to remove them. Whereas your common or garden variety graffiti or damage can sustain for years.

Probably a combination of council Covid wombles and do-gooding members of the public. I wouldn't be surprised if HMG has issued orders to all councils that any 'misleading' stickers, grafitti etc be removed as a matter of high priority.

• Agree 5

Bkkandrew
38 minutes ago, Kilham said:

I've noticed that driving around, plenty of the usual tags, insults and even flat earth comments that have been there for years on various bits of concrete. Then there's the suspiciously fresh rectangles of grey paint.

Same as that ludicrous story about The Pies graffiti being replaced on that bridge.

So fucking transparent what is going on. 

• Agree 1

Stinky Wizzleteats
40 minutes ago, tlc said:

Well this is odd. BBC have done a glowing piece on Sophie Scholl who co-founded The White Rose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57008360

Sophie Scholl: Student who resisted Hitler and inspires Germany

Trying to skew search engine results away from the new White Rose movement?

• Agree 3

Libspero
On 06/05/2021 at 15:01, Austin Allegro said:

I wouldn't be surprised if HMG has issued orders to all councils that any 'misleading' stickers, grafitti etc be removed as a matter of high priority

Perhaps someone could encourage the council to do something useful by sticking a few of them on pot-holes?

• Lol 3

Heart's Ease
49 minutes ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

Trying to skew search engine results away from the new White Rose movement?

"And her name is easily exploited.

There was outrage when, a few years ago, the far-right party AfD issued a slogan "Sophie Scholl would have voted AfD". At a rally against Covid measures in Hanover last November, a young woman jumped onto the stage and compared herself to Sophie Scholl."

Down at the bottom of the piece there's this^. 

Not so subtle suggestion that modern day White Rose movement = far right anti Vax Covid deniers.

• Agree 3

Popuplights
7 hours ago, Libspero said:

Perhaps someone could encourage the council to do something useful by sticking a few of them on pot-holes?

The roads round my way are like Mogadishu. 

• Agree 1

Roger_Mellie
7 hours ago, Heart's Ease said:

"And her name is easily exploited.

There was outrage when, a few years ago, the far-right party AfD issued a slogan "Sophie Scholl would have voted AfD". At a rally against Covid measures in Hanover last November, a young woman jumped onto the stage and compared herself to Sophie Scholl."

Down at the bottom of the piece there's this^. 

Not so subtle suggestion that modern day White Rose movement = far right anti Vax Covid deniers.

So obvious when you know what you're looking for. They often leave the payoff right until the end of the article. 

• Agree 2

wherebee
8 hours ago, Popuplights said:

The roads round my way are like Mogadishu. 

you mean US forces can shoot Somalians at will?  

you mustn't be in London then.

• 2 weeks later...
Heart's Ease

This tweet vanished from my timeline *as I was looking at it*.  Just - gone. 

So I went to find it and bring it here.

• Cheers 4

• 1 month later...

Went to see mum in Oxford, this was near the Kassam Stadium in Greater Leys OX4 postcode.

The stadium is a Vaxx center! 😂

IMG_20210703_165857__01.jpg

Edited by maffo
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Van Lady
18 minutes ago, maffo said:

Went to see mum in Oxford, this was near the Kassam Stadium in Greater Leys OX4 postcode.

The stadium is a Vaxx center! 😂

IMG_20210703_165857__01.jpg

I like that one. If you aren’t enduring any ill health symptoms then you are healthy.

Furthermore if you have minor niggles like a runny nose, a bit of a cough or a minor tickle in throat it’s beyond my comprehension why anyone would rush to be tested.

Unfortunately many people have became fearful and paranoid of minor respiratory health niggles due to unrelenting propaganda, in my opinion.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

I regularly put a few stickers out in Leeds City Centre.   I can’t believe how aggressively they are defaced.   It is not simply ripping them off rather they are scratched off with a coin or key.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 5

58 minutes ago, Ina said:

I regularly put a few stickers out in Leeds City Centre.   I can’t believe how aggressively they are defaced.   It is not simply ripping them off rather they are scratched off with a coin or key.

I've noticed this too, I have stickered a few times in my area and within a few days someone has furiously scratched some of them off. They must stand there and spend several minutes to do it. Quite bizarre behaviour tbh.

The stupid thing is that these thermal prints fade away within a few weeks in sunlight, especially during the summer, leaving a plain white rectangle. But when someone scratches the sticker off it leaves an ugly mess behind.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

58 minutes ago, Boglet said:

I've noticed this too, I have stickered a few times in my area and within a few days someone has furiously scratched some of them off. They must stand there and spend several minutes to do it. Quite bizarre behaviour tbh.

The stupid thing is that these thermal prints fade away within a few weeks in sunlight, especially during the summer, leaving a plain white rectangle. But when someone scratches the sticker off it leaves an ugly mess behind.

One I planted last winter has been there throughout.

Graffiti was there for about six months.

Some stickers are still around, mainly the higher quality Redbubble ones.

Handwritten printer stickers go within a week.

Which means... another batch is needed B|

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

I was happy to see this on the bus a couple of weeks back....I seem to have lost my stickers though and don't have a printer.  I wonder if it would be an idea try to procure some of those nasty non-removable car park stickers and place my one on top... Every time it's defaced just replace on top.... Like tit for tat except I'd win by default on the effort stage since it would take me all of 2 seconds compared to poor sod trying to remove.

DSC_0001.JPG

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Dogtania said:

I was happy to see this on the bus a couple of weeks back....I seem to have lost my stickers though and don't have a printer.  I wonder if it would be an idea try to procure some of those nasty non-removable car park stickers and place my one on top... Every time it's defaced just replace on top.... Like tit for tat except I'd win by default on the effort stage since it would take me all of 2 seconds compared to poor sod trying to remove.

DSC_0001.JPG

Just get a batch of printer labels and write your own.

PS. You might need a pen from the bookies too

• Agree 1