Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Bugger it, I need a break.


Wight Flight
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wight Flight

Ok Dosbods. We can't go abroad, so let's make the best of what we can do. Clearly needs to be good value.

The best trip I ever did was travelling through Vietnam following the locations in the book 'Saigon' by Anthony Grey.

That is clearly out this year, so I am thinking of a few London trips eating my way through the restaurants of Talk Radio guests.

We need some ideas to get us out and about, and give us something to look forward to.

What is out there that isn't going to be rammed, will give value and add some fun to our miserable lives?

PS Forget the Isle of Wight. WE'RE FULL.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

What is out there that isn't going to be rammed, will give value and add some fun to our miserable lives?

Anywhere the brain-dead zombies from the cities can't think of in 30 seconds or find without a sat-nav.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Anywhere the brain-dead zombies from the cities can't think of in 30 seconds or find without a sat-nav.

Well yes, but I was hoping to narrow it down a bit.

I was thinking it is a year to try something different.

A family friendly paragliding course, staying in a local farm for example.

https://www.highadventureparagliding.co.uk/accommodation

 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Masked Tulip
4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Well yes, but I was hoping to narrow it down a bit.

I was thinking it is a year to try something different.

A family friendly paragliding course, staying in a local farm for example.

https://www.highadventureparagliding.co.uk/accommodation

 

 

I would avoid things that may result in visits to hospitals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

I would avoid things that may result in visits to hospitals.

That's the Alfa Travel coach tour of Britain's hospitals ruled out then.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hovercraft Museum - Lee on Solent.

If perving at dilapidated old transport machinery gets your motor running - unlike those in any of their hovercrafts.

  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andersen

Isle of Wight :D 

A close second, any self contained bunk house from this list (plenty of barn conversions etc - cheap clean bed, facilities vary a lot), great as a cheap base to use while you explore new areas. Have fun, thank me later :Beer: https://independenthostels.co.uk/ Dosbod tip: if you find a place you like - see if they have their own website and book direct for a cheaper deal ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Curious Pattern

In past years I've enjoyed Pembrokeshire as an alternative to Cornwall. I hope this isn't the year the masses find out it's a nicer place to go on holiday. (unless you like traffic jams, endless caravan parks and being robbed blind at every car park)

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Hovercraft Museum - Lee on Solent.

If perving at dilapidated old transport machinery gets your motor running - unlike those in any of their hovercrafts.

I've driven past that place many times - I should go.

There's the Gosport Submarine museum not far away, with a proper Diesel Sub outside too.

Royal-Navy-Submarine-Museum-Gosport-2-%C2%A9-www.nmrn_.org_.uk_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time lurking

West coast of Ireland sneak in from the north ,it will add to the sense of adventure 

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time lurking
5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Build your own boat out of 1 sheet of plywood.

http://flo-mo.weebly.com/one-sheet-boats.html

or one of these

 

On a canoeing theme  i can thoroughly recommend Wye Valley canoes three day trip down the wye providing you have the weather for it and you are of the adventurous type

 

 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all
53 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Well yes, but I was hoping to narrow it down a bit.

I was thinking it is a year to try something different.

A family friendly paragliding course, staying in a local farm for example.

https://www.highadventureparagliding.co.uk/accommodation

 

Someone here is an instructor in that - @longtomsilver ??

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SpectrumFX
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Ok Dosbods. We can't go abroad, so let's make the best of what we can do. Clearly needs to be good value.

The best trip I ever did was travelling through Vietnam following the locations in the book 'Saigon' by Anthony Grey.

That is clearly out this year, so I am thinking of a few London trips eating my way through the restaurants of Talk Radio guests.

We need some ideas to get us out and about, and give us something to look forward to.

What is out there that isn't going to be rammed, will give value and add some fun to our miserable lives?

PS Forget the Isle of Wight. WE'RE FULL.

 

A busy man such as yourself doesn't have time to go on holiday.

What you need is a business trip. Have you ever considered owing property abroad? It may be worth checking a few properties out, even if you end up not buying one in the end.

xD

 

  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
Just now, SpectrumFX said:

What you need is a business trip.

Or a charitable volunteering trip. 10 days away, 9 on the beach in Biarritz, 1 volunteering at Lourdes.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...