DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Kate Garraway fears she might have to 'fall in love again' with Covid stricken Derek Draper

Bear Hug

Bear Hug

It's one of them stories where I really don't care but can't stop following in a car crash sort of way. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9394999/Kate-Garraway-admits-grieved-Covid-stricken-husband-Derek-Draper.html

I thought he was still in coma until few weeks go but it looks like DM just wanted to make it look more a bit more dramatic all this time. 

Edited by Bear Hug

Chewing Grass

How long has he had Covid for or was he just medically fucked anyway.

She is in all the women’s magazines all the time as though it is an extra career.

Its like displaying your laundry for money.

• Agree 3

She 'filmed every step of his illness' - But weird filming the first few days.  Was she thinking 'Well, this could become an epic'.

He does look a bit shit though in that 'heartfelt clip' that she wanted to film.

• Agree 1

sarahbell
1 minute ago, NewryH said:

She 'filmed every step of his illness' - But weird filming the first few days.  Was she thinking 'Well, this could become an epic'.

He does look a bit shit though in that 'heartfelt clip' that she wanted to film.

Keep a diary and one day it will keep you.

Just think if you'd written your thoughts into a Covid journal you'd have a really exciting book (not). You need the drama to make the money.

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Keep a diary and one day it will keep you.

Just think if you'd written your thoughts into a Covid journal you'd have a really exciting book (not). You need the drama to make the money.

Would be ....Day 1.  Working from home. Hmm some Jaffa cakes.  I'll just have a couple...

Repeat for 365 days.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5

Bear Hug
17 minutes ago, NewryH said:

A bit pointless starting a documentary on someone in coma as they may die or recover quickly anyway.  Unless they are intentionally kept in that state. 

Dogtania

Not sure who this Derek draper is, if he wasn't famous before he is now.  Just a reminder not to marry any TV presenter to the rest of us.

• Agree 1

the gardener

Is it bad of me to say that I don't care if either of them live or die? 

When I first heard of this story I had no clue who Garraway was, not even the foggiest. The Draper name rang a bell and when I read that he had been involved in politics I dredged up a memory that he was a cunt involved in something nefarious  during the Blair era. 

I sill couldn't care if they live or die. 

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, Battenberg said:

There was a documentary on about it last night. It’s in the papers all the time.

Mrs Flight had this on.

It didn't seem too far distant from what my Father went through with cancer.

Except we knew how it was going to end. Ms Garraway still has hope.

I wonder how many will become like my father because of what the NHS decided to do.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Frank Hovis
43 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Not sure who this Derek draper is, if he wasn't famous before he is now.  Just a reminder not to marry any TV presenter to the rest of us.

He was one of Blair's spin doctors and used to get on the telly a bit back when I had a telly.

I've seen him on the telly more than I have seen Kate Garraway because even when I had a telly I didn't watch it during the day.

• Informative 2

Frank Hovis
34 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Is it bad of me to say that I don't care if either of them live or die? 

When I first heard of this story I had no clue who Garraway was, not even the foggiest. The Draper name rang a bell and when I read that he had been involved in politics I dredged up a memory that he was a cunt involved in something nefarious  during the Blair era. 

I sill couldn't care if they live or die. 

That's essentially my position about anyone who I don't know or interact in some way including via a forum. Whilst I certainly don't wish ill upon them I am not going to be affected in any way if they do die; it's just another news story.

If, to take a country about which I am entirely neutral because I have never been there or known anyone from there, Peru sank beneath the waves tomorrow tasking everyone with it I would find it an interesting story for the geological information but I wouldn't be emotionally affected by it.

The only time I recall being affected by anyone dying who is not within that first line was Dermot Morgan (Father Ted) dying but that was more a result of timing.  I was a huge fan of the series and was eagerly awaiting the third series when news of his death broke which really took the shine from it.  If instead of that he had died, say, last year then I wouldn't have been bothered though might have raised a glass to him for the laughs.

• Agree 2

Carl Fimble
29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

He was one of Blair's spin doctors and used to get on the telly a bit back when I had a telly.

I've seen him on the telly more than I have seen Kate Garraway because even when I had a telly I didn't watch it during the day.

Good riddance in that case. 

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Not dodgy at all then!

I wouldn't die of shock if it turned out he's been on a beach in the Caribbean this past year. 

• Agree 4

One percent
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Mrs Flight had this on.

It didn't seem too far distant from what my Father went through with cancer.

Except we knew how it was going to end. Ms Garraway still has hope.

I wonder how many will become like my father because of what the NHS decided to do.

Hope of what?  

Yadda yadda yadda

This appears to be some of the most despicable 'using' of tragedy there has ever been. I'm not sure who is doing the using. The wife, the media, the Government propagandists or all three. I suspect it is all of them but I never read the stories or watch the TV programs on this. The whole thing is appalling.

• Agree 8

The Generation Game

I've got him mixed up with Fiona Phillip's other half as I thought he was the producer of GMTV or This Morning. 

Democorruptcy

If she will have to fall in love with him again, doesn't that mean she has fallen out of love with him, just when he needed her the most? Didn't she do the vows thing, 'in sickness and in health' etc.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3