DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carl Fimble

Friends just had a baby, father was only allowed in the hospital for a few brief moments at the end of labour and immediately after birth and then kicked back outside.

They also talked about the premature and other babies in special care who have yet to see a human face.  All adults, nurses and their own parents, masked at all times.  If much of that early development is based on mimicking, this must have long term implications for those children.

https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/conditions-and-treatments/procedures-and-treatments/speech-and-language-development-birth-12-months/

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1

stokiescum
10 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Just like Year Zero in Cambodia. Break the bond between parent and child.

The pub thing is another way of breaking bonds - the British bonds of unity and identity.

But they still want accountability take this week the lads on quarantine Covid in his year.had a teams meeting today at 2 and the tit in the meeting from the school said you’ve not been attending all the online training.trying to act important and in the loop with fostering and the kids social worker .how the fuck can he it took them till Tuesday to get them up a running.Wednesday I did 6 hours of online fostering traing on teams today a medical and tomorrow 3.5 hours of safe guarding on teams.be less hastle going fucking work .

• Informative 1

Cosmic Apple
21 hours ago, Inigo said:

Friends just had a baby, father was only allowed in the hospital for a few brief moments at the end of labour and immediately after birth and then kicked back outside.

They also talked about the premature and other babies in special care who have yet to see a human face.  All adults, nurses and their own parents, masked at all times.  If much of that early development is based on mimicking, this must have long term implications for those children.

https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/conditions-and-treatments/procedures-and-treatments/speech-and-language-development-birth-12-months/

I was fucking livid at the treatment I got when we had ours in August, it made my GF quite distressed. Wasn't allowed in maternity until she was dilatated Xcm (several hours waiting outside at 10pm). They had to move her on to the ward early morning and they were going to prevent me from going... yeah nah I'm going! 90mins after birth I had to leave...8am. Fortunately got to hold my new born for 60mins while they sorted out mummy.

They wanted to keep her in overnight, which meant I'd have 1hour to visit in the evening 6-7pm. If I visited she wouldn't be allowed to leave that night (wtf?), but they dragged their heals so long doing their checks on the baby my GF had to demand they do them and let her out of the unit. Finally free at 9:30pm.

As far as I know our hospital was one of the saner (!) ones, some are a lot worse.

Edited by Cosmic Apple