DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Whats the most Libertarian bit of the UK?

Bus Stop Boxer

Bus Stop Boxer

If such a thing exists.

Im a life long southern soft shandy shite and currently Bournemouth seems like it represents itself well in the anti lockdown demo stakes.

I live 20 miles north of Bmth, and could give that a spin, however am drawn to the north or Herefordshire type environs. Not least because you can get a nice spread upn there for 400-450k.

Does anyone get a good feel currently about their locale re Cov/Karens/road jumpers/ jabs etc?

My hometown feels like im in some sort of zombie movie.

• Agree 1

Libspero

I think the tumbleweed is due to nobody being able to think of anywhere liberal in the UK.

You’d probably need to go to the US to find any community level interest in personal freedom.   The UK just a patchwork of slightly differing levels of state authoritarianism.

• Agree 10

Caravan Monster
3 hours ago, Libspero said:

I think the tumbleweed is due to nobody being able to think of anywhere liberal in the UK.

You’d probably need to go to the US to find any community level interest in personal freedom.   The UK just a patchwork of slightly differing levels of state authoritarianism.

From what I can gather, many of the US red states have fucked off the hysteria and propaganda since before the US elections. That's probably culturally the closest fit for freedom wanting Englishmen, obviously more exotic countries also. The UK is a small and centrally governed country with local government being an extension of central government with little autonomy and a centralised nationwide lying media, so limited variance is only ever likely. As said, UK chav estates where there are families and more social interaction and a more localised sense of community probably have lower levels of hedge jumpers, but more 'burn the witch' if you stand out too much.

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy

Libertarian and UK shouldn't be used in the same sentence   ....oh shit what have I done?.....  except to say they shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

• Agree 4

Sussex and Kent have always been quite rebellious. Down here we create people like Nigel Farage, and burn effigies of Boris The Debauched on bonfire night. 

I've not had much experience of other places lately but my mum tells me that the vast majority of people where she lives wear masks, where I live around a third do not.

At its core I think it's just a general mistrust or hatred of London and Londoners.

• Agree 2

No direct experience, but probably somewhere like the Scottish isles where people are used to rugged rural individualism with just the right amount of community spirit.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, LC1 said:

No direct experience, but probably somewhere like the Scottish isles where people are used to rugged rural individualism with just the right amount of community spirit.

wicker man gifs | Tumblr

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

mosstrooper

Scottish border towns like hawick. isolated and the people are self reliant. Traditionally liberal voting areas in the old sense of the word liberal. Less affected by wokery. Any rural towns are miles better than cities , the more remote the better.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Hancock

Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Sark and such like at a guess.

Rest of its a communist state.

Edited by Hancock
  • Agree 1

A certain Leeds LS10 postcode,  Belle Isle, and Halton Moor bordering it, is like the Wild West.  Even the elderly flog their prescription drugs to the local junkies.  The ethnic areas around Leeds are similar as any parking restrictions are non existent.   I’ve also spent time on remote Scottish Islands.  Now that Presbyterianism is dying out they are quite loose in respect of drink driving and no MOTs etc.  The amount of unroadworthy vehicles is unbelievable .

• Informative 1

Rare Bear
40 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Sark and such like at a guess.

Rest of its a communist state.

Isle of Man ain't UK.

3 hours ago, mosstrooper said:

Scottish border towns like hawick. isolated and the people are self reliant. Traditionally liberal voting areas in the old sense of the word liberal. Less affected by wokery. Any rural towns are miles better than cities , the more remote the better.

I’ve also noticed that in these areas there is a massive barter economy which is a hallmark of libertarianism.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

9 minutes ago, Ina said:

A certain Leeds LS10 postcode,  Belle Isle, and Halton Moor bordering it, is like the Wild West.  Even the elderly flog their prescription drugs to the local junkies.  The ethnic areas around Leeds are similar as any parking restrictions are non existent.   I’ve also spent time on remote Scottish Islands.  Now that Presbyterianism is dying out they are quite loose in respect of drink driving and no MOTs etc.  The amount of unroadworthy vehicles is unbelievable .

Some of the best curries I've ever had were from a dodgy shop in Little London in handwritten plastic containers..I wonder what was in them.

• Agree 1