DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

DOSBODS self build group in Hampshire

Hancock

Been awaiting to hear back from a self build scheme in Hampshire, but its being organised by the council so i doubt anything will come of it.

So anyone on Dosbods interested in creating a group to buy a small plot for approx. 5 homes.

Many plots on the link below that landowners have sent to the council.

I've no experience at building houses, but that's what you pay other people for. 

https://www.testvalley.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planningpolicy/evidence-base/shelaa-review-2019

Bricormortis

I had a look into self build, seemed not as cheap as you might think, depends how much you have to pay for the land though.

Groundworks eat up a fair whack of the build cost, best to have it somewhere near existing mains services. 

Its the way to go if you can afford it, I would like a super insulated bungalow with a lounge that has a view, in an ideal world.

1 hour ago, Bricormortis said:

I had a look into self build, seemed not as cheap as you might think, depends how much you have to pay for the land though.

Yes that's what its all about.

Only places i'd look at are by mains services.

Top marks for inititive ! First choices are who will build it (you, or pay somebody?), and where you will live while it's going up (rental = bills for 2 properties, on-site caravan sounds fun but will soon get tiring. Security for the empy building site when you're not there?) Sounds like a decent plan just needs thinking about. Not for me but the offer is appreciated :Beer:

Check if it will be having broadband / fibre / cable installed as part of the infrastructure. Regs often prevent digging up roads on new build estates if you want new services (cable tv etc) so you have to wait xx years before the install can go ahead.

I've watched new builds going up in Scandanavia - megga insulation everywhere ! Look up Passivhaus for ideas ;)

33 minutes ago, Andersen said:

Top marks for inititive ! First choices are who will build it (you, or pay somebody?), and where you will live while it's going up (rental = bills for 2 properties, on-site caravan sounds fun but will soon get tiring. Security for the empy building site when you're not there?) Sounds like a decent plan just needs thinking about. Not for me but the offer is appreciated :Beer:

Check if it will be having broadband / fibre / cable installed as part of the infrastructure. Regs often prevent digging up roads on new build estates if you want new services (cable tv etc) so you have to wait xx years before the install can go ahead.

I've watched new builds going up in Scandanavia - megga insulation everywhere ! Look up Passivhaus for ideas ;)

I said pay someone im not a builder

Here is an example, there are maybe 10 around Romsey with potential from that link

image.png.498c28aab7cffa7b65eba65a14b0f936.png

image.png.ce743dc3bd50d4851d80da95e431ed3c.png

Popuplights
5 hours ago, Hancock said:

Been awaiting to hear back from a self build scheme in Hampshire, but its being organised by the council so i doubt anything will come of it.

So anyone on Dosbods interested in creating a group to buy a small plot for approx. 5 homes.

Many plots on the link below that landowners have sent to the council.

I've no experience at building houses, but that's what you pay other people for. 

https://www.testvalley.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planningpolicy/evidence-base/shelaa-review-2019

Yes, my daughter would be interested. Keep me in the loop please. 

2 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Yes, my daughter would be interested. Keep me in the loop please. 

Ive been emailing the guy from council in Romsey .. they'll have a load of people on the "Right to build" register (which is a waste of time).

Will see if he is willing to match people on there with people looking to sell plots.

Quite how they haven't managed to do this so far is only something the councils of England can answer!

Archived