DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Friends Family and The Jab

MrLibertyRedux

fishman
7 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It’s actually been quite fun launching into my “it’s so fucking irresponsible to jab to jab everyone” tirade. The most fiercely pro vaxxers amongst my acquaintances seem to intersect strongly with the Europhile, metropolitan, very loudly self satisfied Labour voters.

So when they say, “But the government say...”

I hit back with, “I thought Boris was wrong about everything? Now you suddenly decide Boris is infallible?”

It’s so funny watching the cognitive dissonance gears grinding together.

I've thought about this a lot - the lefts heads must be exploding at the moment.

• Agree 3

Long time lurking

I just say i have had the real thing why do i need the the pretend version ,i leave it at that with the hope that they go and look up what i meant if they don`t already know

• Agree 3

Bus Stop Boxer
24 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It’s actually been quite fun launching into my “it’s so fucking irresponsible to jab to jab everyone” tirade. The most fiercely pro vaxxers amongst my acquaintances seem to intersect strongly with the Europhile, metropolitan, very loudly self satisfied Labour voters.

So when they say, “But the government say...”

I hit back with, “I thought Boris was wrong about everything? Now you suddenly decide Boris is infallible?”

It’s so funny watching the cognitive dissonance gears grinding together.

Ive been ranting about this too. Its fucking amazing the turnaround. Its a control fetish isnt it?

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Bus Stop Boxer
17 minutes ago, fishman said:

I've thought about this a lot - the lefts heads must be exploding at the moment.

And Beth Rigbys. Who is back on the telly i understand....:(

Battenberg
1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

I find the oldies generally very reasonable. They've been around long enough to have seen it all before and they're too old to devote any effort to being zealots about anything. 

Young people on the other hand...

I too was speaking to an older lady this week who’s just lost her husband, not COVID.

We didn’t discuss much about COVID but she did say she was worried that we would all be expected to have a vaccine every year and that really concerned her.

I also opened up my shop to some of my customers last week. I had 2 booked in and when they came in I told them they’re weren’t under any obligation to wear their masks. They couldn’t get them off fast enough and both told me how much they hated them.

Regarding family, Mr B was talking to his sister last week and she’s booked her and her husband in for the jab, both early 50s. When my husband told her he wasn’t having the jab she told him he had to have it or he wouldn’t be able to go anywhere. She’s obsessed with holidays, usually 3-4 abroad and countless long weekends. Funny thing was that 2 days after that conversation, Boris announced there be £5000 fines for anyone going away. Where the hell does she thinks she’s going that we’re not. She did tell him he should be listening to the news too.

Edited by Battenberg
  • Agree 5
  • Cheers 5

Van Lady

I, my son and daughter are not having a Covid vaccination. Me early 60’s they are mid 20’s. Daughter’s friends more pro vac son’s more anti. She is working in ecology as a masters graduate he is a bricklayer.

One sibling is definitely not having vac due to catastrophic damage from hepB vac around 15 years ago. Other is signed up to vac others so assuming has had or will have it.

My only nephew and his wife aged 40 are booked in for next week.

I only know two acquaintances who are definitely not having it and one swithering. Many other acquaintances have had it but also there are many others who haven’t mentioned vaccination.

I’m hopeful that the current mass vaccination agenda will fail.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 4
  • Cheers 3

One of my best friends who, unlike many others, broadly agrees with my stance regarding not taking the vaccine informed me yesterday that he has had the jab so that he wouldn't 'be pestered by the GP'! He had previously said that he wouldn't take it as he already had a bad covid infection and would have antibodies.

That means the only other person who I know in real life who has either declined or said they won't take it is a rabid 'Bill Gates is behind everything' Agenda 2025er.

• Informative 1

Yadda yadda yadda

I think most people under 50 have got a bit of time before this is a problem. I know some in their 40s have been getting appointments. A friend of mine had his, older than me at around 47, on Friday but he was very ill five years ago. Probably bumped up the list.

My close friends will probably be ok. I reckon they'll all have it. One has a 'vulnerable' wife, another loves his holidays and the others will probably just go along with it. A big factor is that they don't have a lot of time to think. Long hours of work, kids to deal with, etc. They just see the news and go along with it. Most people don't think that the Government could fuck things up on a monumental scale with a vaccine. If they did they wouldn't think that all of Europe and the USA would make the same mistake.

At least they know I'm not anti-vaccine as they know I had several to go to Brazil. Or at least they will when I remind them. They did notice that I didn't use the NHS app to get into pubs last summer. They did break travel rules to go for a drink together though last summer when the zone thing was going on. So not completely following the rules.

With a bit of luck there will be an option to travel abroad unjabbed by the time under 50s are getting their call ups again. 

• Agree 2

whitevanman
30 minutes ago, Siggy said:

One of my best friends who, unlike many others, broadly agrees with my stance regarding not taking the vaccine informed me yesterday that he has had the jab so that he wouldn't 'be pestered by the GP'! He had previously said that he wouldn't take it as he already had a bad covid infection and would have antibodies.

That means the only other person who I know in real life who has either declined or said they won't take it is a rabid 'Bill Gates is behind everything' Agenda 2025er.

Haha, I know one other person who has come out as an anti-jabber. She's a woman in her seventies who is a part time spiritual healer. In a previous life she was an American Indian warrior, she showed me the picture she painted of herself in this life.

Looks like we are in good company xD

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I, my son and daughter are not having a Covid vaccination. Me early 60’s they are mid 20’s. Daughter’s friends more pro vac son’s more anti. She is working in ecology as a masters graduate he is a bricklayer.

One sibling is definitely not having vac due to catastrophic damage from hepB vac around 15 years ago. Other is signed up to vac others so assuming has had or will have it.

My only nephew and his wife aged 40 are booked in for next week.

I only know two acquaintances who are definitely not having it and one swithering. Many other acquaintances have had it but also there are many others who haven’t mentioned vaccination.

I’m hopeful that the current mass vaccination agenda will fail.

BTW Van Lady have you seen the "infection" rates for D&G? You've likely more chance of catching a t-rex with a butterfly net.

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

Wight Flight
47 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

and one swithering.

Brilliant. I though you had made it up, but no, it is the perfect word in this instance.

Every day is a (home) school day.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Van Lady
28 minutes ago, eight said:

BTW Van Lady have you seen the "infection" rates for D&G? You've likely more chance of catching a t-rex with a butterfly net.

Infection rates and hospitalisation has been nothing to worry about in this area for the duration of the this current insanity. No under 65 deaths in my area as far as I know attributed to the virus.

Prior to the “pandemic” I thought a number of people were ok to chat with. These days I don’t bother with chatting too much due to folk being masked or unable to be rational.

Sad really. Pre Covid i really enjoyed a wide variety of chat with a wide variety of people about lots of things. These days it’s Covid and not much else.

Unsurprisingly because people have little else to do and nowhere else to go, difficult to meet with family or friends, visit a new place etc etc.

I’m totally sick of the “new normal “. 

• Agree 10

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, tlc said:

You filthy old studmuffin. Like to keep 'em happy hey. ;)

When I read his post a film character came to mind M Gustave H

• Agree 2

Great Guy
5 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

A large number of my clients are older ladies.

I have lied to every one that has asked.

I can't afford to lose too many of them.

You're a gigilo?

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

A large number of my clients are older ladies.

I have lied to every one that has asked.

I can't afford to lose too many of them.

spacer.png

• Lol 3

UmBongo
14 hours ago, Andersen said:

I'll resist unless there's no option - I think not being travel unless vacc'd would be one of the very few things that would make me reconsider. 

This is my game plan at the moment. As an NHS employee I've been offered the vaccine already but I declined. About 2% of workers at the hospital Trust I work for haven't had it. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

One percent

A mate of mine is incredibly cynical of government. He calls people wearing masks chimps or covidiots. He went and got jabbed last weekend. O.o

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

Jesus Wept
17 hours ago, Andersen said:

Have had similar chats when a few long-standing friends have asked, they are welcome to have the jab or not and I'll not be trying to get any to change their mind, I'll resist unless there's no option - I think not being travel unless vacc'd would be one of the very few things that would make me reconsider. One good friend has declared this a taboo subject, we have opposite views about it, it's a waste of time for either of us to discuss it.

I concerns me that several frends are very bright folk and keep telling me "we just need everybody to follow the rules so we can get it under control" - I would have expected them to at least question the way things have been going...

I'm away from home most of the time so just say that I can't get to my gp for the jab, which has been useful a few times to deflect the question. Sad times.

I mentioned to a couple of mates on a WhatsApp group that  “I’d refused the offer of a jab”.

I’m 46 (as of yesterday), with absolutely no health issues and a history of pretty much ‘zero sick days’ in 25 years. I take my 10,000iu vitamin D and a few other things (apple cider vinegar, b12, and water fast for 20 days + every so often). 

This is the response I got.

601FB39A-2860-46F6-97FD-FE749F548611.jpeg.a55a36ee6337b82465c11122ef8e9541.jpeg

I didn’t react. I think if I’m not allowed to travel from 2022 onwards I’ll have to reconsider my stance too. 

It’s a simple matter at present. I’m healthy. I’ve seen very little impact from Covid19. I don’t know anyone of my peer group who have been ‘ill’ with it. My wife, and also my sister have  had the vaccine. But they work in hospitals. Their choice. My mother is 80 and she asked should she have it. She did. 

For me there is very little downside at present from NOT having the vaccine (but much greater risk from having it). My only concern is if the current vaccine strategy caused a ‘mutant severe strain’ to become rampant - and that became a major risk to the non vaccinated (“leaky vaccine theory”).

If the ADE theory was to come into play “Antibody Dependent Enhancement” ..... well that would be a big ‘told you so’ moment for me....  

That is a possibility and the reason why I won’t be taking the vaccine for now. (As well as the side effects / reaction to a drug that has been rushed through in 10% of the time and the pharma companies cannot be held liable). 

My ideal would be to get hold of some vaccine and store it for use if the shit hits the fan and I need to have it. That’s the risk. I’ll see if I can sort that maybe? 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Agree 4

I made the mistake of telling my Mum how difficult it would be for "my" doctor to offer me a vaccine because of moving to the other end of the country.

I had Covid early last year. A few days of fever and a week of being very tired. She has been vaccinated.

I got a real mish-mash of contradictory questions!

• What if you get it? I've had it!
  • But what if you catch it again? What if you get a variant? I've had worse colds!
  • But what if you give it to me? You've been vaccinated!
  • But what about long Covid? That can be really nasty! How likely is that for a fit man of my age?

I wonder sometimes if she doesn't secretly troll me! I think I would be happier if that was the case!

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

The Masked Tulip
3 hours ago, UmBongo said:

This is my game plan at the moment. As an NHS employee I've been offered the vaccine already but I declined. About 2% of workers at the hospital Trust I work for haven't had it. 

When someone has a jab do they display a huge photo of them above the hospital 'The Hunger Games' style?

• Lol 1