DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Friends Family and The Jab

MrLibertyRedux

Yadda yadda yadda
10 minutes ago, apples said:

I made the mistake of telling my Mum how difficult it would be for "my" doctor to offer me a vaccine because of moving to the other end of the country.

I had Covid early last year. A few days of fever and a week of being very tired. She has been vaccinated.

I got a real mish-mash of contradictory questions!

• What if you get it? I've had it!
  • But what if you catch it again? What if you get a variant? I've had worse colds!
  • But what if you give it to me? You've been vaccinated!
  • But what about long Covid? That can be really nasty! How likely is that for a fit man of my age?

I wonder sometimes if she doesn't secretly troll me! I think I would be happier if that was the case!

You may be the only person to have put forward these alternative viewpoints. They may seem blindingly obvious but they require a bit of independent thought. Fear bypasses thought.

The only mention my parents have made about me getting it was my Dad saying it'll soon be your turn. Although that was before the pivot away from dosing up under 50s. He is from a scientific background and enjoys debate. At the very least he will try to understand my viewpoint. So I reckon he might be persuaded that the balance of risk looks a lot different for younger people. My Mum has shown signs of distrust of the BBC in recent years. Older people are coming at it from a completely different perspective where the risk of hospitalisation is significant and death not a remote likelihood. They both started taking Vit D after my prompting followed by their own research. I'm hopeful they'll at least understand. No need to broach the subject though.

M S E Refugee
34 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I mentioned to a couple of mates on a WhatsApp group that  “I’d refused the offer of a jab”.

I’m 46 (as of yesterday), with absolutely no health issues and a history of pretty much ‘zero sick days’ in 25 years. I take my 10,000iu vitamin D and a few other things (apple cider vinegar, b12, and water fast for 20 days + every so often). 

This is the response I got.

601FB39A-2860-46F6-97FD-FE749F548611.jpeg.a55a36ee6337b82465c11122ef8e9541.jpeg

I didn’t react. I think if I’m not allowed to travel from 2022 onwards I’ll have to reconsider my stance too. 

It’s a simple matter at present. I’m healthy. I’ve seen very little impact from Covid19. I don’t know anyone of my peer group who have been ‘ill’ with it. My wife, and also my sister have  had the vaccine. But they work in hospitals. Their choice. My mother is 80 and she asked should she have it. She did. 

For me there is very little downside at present from NOT having the vaccine (but much greater risk from having it). My only concern is if the current vaccine strategy caused a ‘mutant severe strain’ to become rampant - and that became a major risk to the non vaccinated (“leaky vaccine theory”).

If the ADE theory was to come into play “Antibody Dependent Enhancement” ..... well that would be a big ‘told you so’ moment for me....  

That is a possibility and the reason why I won’t be taking the vaccine for now. (As well as the side effects / reaction to a drug that has been rushed through in 10% of the time and the pharma companies cannot be held liable). 

My ideal would be to get hold of some vaccine and store it for use if the shit hits the fan and I need to have it. That’s the risk. I’ll see if I can sort that maybe? 

I can't understand why people make the huge assumption that drugs approved for emergency use are 100% safe.

The vaccinated enjoy no more freedoms than the unvaccinated and if the Government are scared of new variants I can't see the Jabbed ever being free.

• Agree 3

Curious Pattern

I managed to get through Brexit and Trump by just saying nothing and waiting until the leftie windbag I was dealing with had finished virtue signalling - they don't actually care what you think. Vaxing is a bit harder to avoid though.

I plan to ignore, deflect and if necessary lie until either the fuss dies down or we get full passport madness, at which point a serious decision needs to be made. Anyone who kept aggressively probing me about my vax status would go on the shit list. I don't have time for people like that and it is not worth arguing with them. I guess you need to decide how important that friendship is to you, and if you can keep deflecting until he gets bored of asking.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, tlc said:

MN again.

Daughter demands her "vaccinated" mother has a lateral flow test before she can meet the daughter and grandkids in a garden. O.o

Mental.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4204308-Lateral-Flow-Tests

BTW, there seems to be a massive regional variation in the availability of lft. We've been given loads no questions asked and a breezy pop round if you need more. I'm not planning on giving them away willy nilly - it's only two out of 48 this once for peace of mind

:o

Sasquatch

We seem to be getting away with it so far. The in laws are not hassling Mrs S too much. My mum knows my position and has stopped asking me. I've no idea what my sister is planning (she's had covid recently). We haven't asked our friends and they haven't asked us (cos it's private matter isn't it...)

I'm sure they'll be some kind of confrontation at some point but I'm keeping my head down for the time being.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

The question is how big a minority are we?

My understanding is that 30% of 50 year olds are declining.

Of course we won't be told this any time soon, but the ever increasing desperation from the nudge unit suggest there are quite a few of us.

The number not attending their appointments is about 25%

Now some may have forgotten or missed it for other reasons.

However I think it's safe to assume the majority are simply choosing not to.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 7

2 hours ago, tlc said:

MN again.

Daughter demands her "vaccinated" mother has a lateral flow test before she can meet the daughter and grandkids in a garden. O.o

Mental.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4204308-Lateral-Flow-Tests

But I wouldn't trust a vaccinated person to be any less of a risk to me than an unvaccinated one.  Why I could never want to fly, etc with vaccinated but untested people.  So the mental question is one of whether that is a general over-reaction rather than anything to do with the vaccination status.

Wight Flight
32 minutes ago, ccc said:

The number not attending their appointments is about 25%

Now some may have forgotten or missed it for other reasons.

However I think it's safe to assume the majority are simply choosing not to.

I assume that 25% is for those that have some kind of 'You vil turn up vor your jab  at 13:00 hours' system.

It will be higher for those that have been given the option to choose their own time of stabbing.

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I assume that 25% is for those that have some kind of 'You vil turn up vor your jab  at 13:00 hours' system.

It will be higher for those that have been given the option to choose their own time of stabbing.

Nobody chooses their own time as far as I'm aware. 

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, ccc said:

We can. They have gone to a drop in system.

If Mrs Flight was a pro jabber I would need to stay sober in case she spiked my drink and wheeled me down to to local stabby stabby shop.

• Lol 2

Hopeful
5 minutes ago, ccc said:

I just have a letter to say that I am now eligible and explaining how to book an appointment by calling 119, going online,

or, as now seems common knowledge locally, and what many are doing, phoning a vaccination centre directly. This way, by choosing where to go, people have realised they can choose what version of the vaccine they get given.

Edited by Hopeful
  • Informative 1

whitevanman
20 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Hmmm. Not my experience, and you just cannot tell if you have got a jab Nazi or not until you trigger them.

My dad has had his second jab. Bro immediately invited him down to stay. I honestly think I'm not going to be allowed to see my family unless I have the jab, maybe I'll be ok if I stand outside and bring my own sandwiches. 

TBH I'm not that bothered anymore. Other than my dad they don't seem to be the same family that I remember.

I gues this was the government's plan all along, it's working beautifully

• Agree 7
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
15 minutes ago, ccc said:

Up in Scotland it seems to be a letter with a fixed appointment time. Down here I've had 2 letters and 8 texts inviting me to book an appointment by phoning 119 or going online

• Informative 1

Wight Flight

Another possibly good answer would be 'i think I would rather wait for the real vaccine which I understand will be available in November'

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, UmBongo said:

This is my game plan at the moment. As an NHS employee I've been offered the vaccine already but I declined. About 2% of workers at the hospital Trust I work for haven't had it. 

Exactly the same at my workplace ffs.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JFK said:

3 hours ago, JFK said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but the high rate of jabbing in your workplace will give you a good handle on the impacts of these injections as they unfold in the short, medium and long-term

Have you noticed any behaviour changes in the jabbed so far? I'm sure that the technology already exists to do exactly that, e.g. even more conformist, aggressive?

• Agree 2

Democorruptcy
7 hours ago, wherebee said:

The only thing that would be likely to convince me to take the jab would be if it meant that fuck gif of @Democorruptcy got banned

:Old:

There's a lot of creepy crawlies in Oz, don't blame my pet for things that crawl on your screen.

• Lol 1

Cosmic Apple
1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but the high rate of jabbing in your workplace will give you a good handle on the impacts of these injections as they unfold in the short, medium and long-term

Have you noticed any behaviour changes in the jabbed so far? I'm sure that the technology already exists to do exactly that, e.g. even more conformist, aggressive?

The conformist and aggressive (about those not confirming) behaviour of the cult member set in before the jab was administered ime :)

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Have you noticed any behaviour changes in the jabbed so far?

Yes. They become supercilious.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

wherebee
2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

:Old:

There's a lot of creepy crawlies in Oz, don't blame my pet for things that crawl on your screen.

i was digging out a tree today and a mouse spider came out and told me to fuck off.  well, she hissed at me but i knew what she meant.  so i hit her with a spade.

goldbug9999
On 27/03/2021 at 15:38, MrLibertyRedux said:

I really don't know what to do.

Lying seems like the best option

• Agree 4