DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Windows 10 printer drivers

Long time lurking

Question

Long time lurking

Right the fuckers are fucking me over i have a new windows 10 laptop the problem is it says there are no longer drivers available for the printer in question 

My old laptop was windows 10 and the printer worked on it will the driver be on that disk and is there a way of  transferring  it on to my new laptop ? USB drive ? is there another resource for discontinued drivers as it could be a right faff trying to do this as the key board died which would mean having to borrow one and a mouse  

7 answers to this question

Pinter manufacturers are usually pretty good at supporting their drivers and providing them direct - check their website. 

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
On 29/03/2021 at 14:17, onlyme said:

Pinter manufacturers are usually pretty good at supporting their drivers and providing them direct - check their website. 

No longer available for windows ten  

Long time lurking
10 hours ago, Herby said:

What printer model, and windows x64?

Cannon pixma IP 6600D windows 10x64

Driver Booster might be worth a go - don't know whether it is clever enough to know if older drivers are compatible, or just try the latest available driver via download from Canon / elsewhere, though I did read something about Win8 onwards having a driver change and that might be the true hurdle and break point where a manufacturer stops support as it requires a re-code. 

14 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Cannon pixma IP 6600D windows 10x64

https://www.driverguide.com/driver/download/Canon-PIXMA-iP6600D fairly trustworthy driver site. Some Windows 20 drivers options, or a Couple of pages down is Windows 8 x64 driver. Worth trying.. good luck. Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/canon-pixma-ip6700d-and-windows-10/272f51b5-2502-41fb-9e69-36a14b8ae9e1

Edited by Herby
Additional linked to Microsoft
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Herby said:

https://www.driverguide.com/driver/download/Canon-PIXMA-iP6600D fairly trustworthy driver site. Some Windows 20 drivers options, or a Couple of pages down is Windows 8 x64 driver. Worth trying.. good luck. Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/canon-pixma-ip6700d-and-windows-10/272f51b5-2502-41fb-9e69-36a14b8ae9e1

Cheers but none work i can find the printer using the manual installation method outlined in the second link but it will not install 

I have found the original disc with the driver on but the laptop dose not have a disc drive/reader :CryBaby:

Do i buy a external disc reader ,,will the driver on the disc work with this version of windows ten  xD 

Edited by Long time lurking