• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Hero or villain?

Someone in Croydon has been killing cats. It must be devasting to have a pet killed. However at the same time I just don't like cats. I don't like the way they kill wildlife and I don't like the way they go into neighbours' gardens and terrorise their pet rabbits etc.

There are some fairly strong laws to prevent people killing nesting birds etc. It seems strange that if I killed a nesting bird I'd get a hefty fine, while pet cats kill with impunity.

I can't think of any other pet that kills so much. 

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

My neighbour is live the proverbial cat lady. They use my garden as a toilet. If anyone knows how to dissuade them, other than going full on cat killer, I would appreciate the advice. 

Get your ass down to aldi and spend £2.99 on these https://www.aldi.co.uk/doff-cat-%26-dog-repellent-granules/p/065691006955600

1 hour ago, One percent said:

My neighbour is live the proverbial cat lady. They use my garden as a toilet. If anyone knows how to dissuade them, other than going full on cat killer, I would appreciate the advice. 

We bought stuff from the pet shop, can't remember the name but it was green pellets that smelled of lemon 

sorted the cat toilet in our garden 

Edited by Malthus
Spelling

We used to keep Guinea Pigs loose in the back garden, loads of Cats around but every single one of them couldn't work out what they were, they would crouch down and stare at them, the Guinea Pigs would do the same and that freaked the cats out.

I think in total we only lost one or two freshly pupped baby guinea pigs to the cats over the six or so years we kept them.

Villain. If I caught them doing it to my cat there's a significant possibility that I would lose it and kill them and a small but real possibility that I would do it slowly.

This bastard leaves the headless and sometime pawless corpses for the owners to find, I hope they catch him soon - he is operating in my area. He may well move on to bigger victims next.

I loathe cats. Beautiful psychopaths all, skilled naturally evolved manipulators of their often willing victims, and viewed purely from an environmental perspective, a disaster.

However this person should be caught and stopped nonetheless. He or she is worse than a damned cat.

After all, the evil little bastards aren't all bad, however black their hearts, they still bring a lot of joy to many deluded humans including lonely old folk. 

5 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Someone in Croydon has been killing cats. It must be devasting to have a pet killed. However at the same time I just don't like cats. I don't like the way they kill wildlife and I don't like the way they go into neighbours' gardens and terrorise their pet rabbits etc.

There are some fairly strong laws to prevent people killing nesting birds etc. It seems strange that if I killed a nesting bird I'd get a hefty fine, while pet cats kill with impunity.

I can't think of any other pet that kills so much. 

image.jpg

What do you think though- hero or villain?

6 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

What do you think though- hero or villain?

Ehhmmm, if I had a pet rabbit etc that was killed by a cat I would think anyone killing the cat would be a hero... I also think a cat without a bell (to warn wildlife) is fair game....

If I had a dog etc that went and killed some ducklings I'd probably have the police around at my door... A cat does it and it's "it's just what cats do"...

It does seem reasonable that if you have a pet you keep it on your own property or supervise it when you take it off your property....

12 hours ago, One percent said:

Airsoft sniper rifle, amazing after being hit one or two times they'll still come back but eventually they get fed up. It's jolly good fun too.

Edited by davidg

12 hours ago, One percent said:

Get one of these, he will bring you any cat which comes into the garden very proudly, which you will then hurriedly hide or bury somewhere, hoping no-one witnessed it. All you need is some antiseptic for the occasional scratches he'll get around his face. He'll also bring you other small animals when you walk him, some of which may even be edible. When he moves onto deer and farm animals you may have to get rid of him though.

brown_boss.jpg

12 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Get one of these, he will bring you any cat which comes into the garden very proudly, which you will then hurriedly hide or bury somewhere, hoping no-one witnessed it. All you need is some antiseptic for the occasional scratches he'll get around his face. He'll also bring you other small animals when you walk him, some of which may even be edible. When he moves onto deer and farm animals you may have to get rid of him though.

brown_boss.jpg

Have a dog already but she is not out there patrolling the garden 24/7. Bastard things seem to be able to leave presents in stealth mode. 

If my dog did what bloody cats do, I would be in so much troublr. 

Just now, One percent said:

Have a dog already but she is not out there patrolling the garden 24/7. Bastard things seem to be able to leave presents in stealth mode. 

If my dog did what bloody cats do, I would be in so much troublr. 

Trust me, your dog isn't like that dog in the picture, your garden would be a cat-free zone!

The alternative is to get the biggest, meanest most territorial cat yourself (a Maine Coon/Scots wildcat cross should do it) and it will keep all other cats out plus will shit in your neighbours gardens. 

I appreciate these are not the most co-operative neighbourly solutions, but they are all-natural!

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Trust me, your dog isn't like that dog in the picture, your garden would be a cat-free zone!

The alternative is to get the biggest, meanest most territorial cat yourself (a Maine Coon/Scots wildcat cross should do it) and it will keep all other cats out plus will shit in your neighbours gardens. 

I appreciate these are not the most co-operative neighbourly solutions, but they are all-natural!

What is the dog in the picture?  

Dont like cats, so one of my own wouldn't work.  Bloody things scratch furniture and are incapable of learning. 

Just now, One percent said:

What is the dog in the picture?  

Dont like cats, so one of my own wouldn't work.  Bloody things scratch furniture and are incapable of learning. 

Pitbull/greyhound cross. The one I knew was lovely with people and other dogs, but anything else seemed to be fair game. You will need serious pet insurance. Oh and cats can learn alright with a sharp enough lesson, they're not stupid, they're just manipulative bastards who will do whatever they can get away with.