DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid buzz word(s) bingo

Long time lurking

A starter for ten ,i`m hearing this more and more you just know they are paving the way /sowing the seeds 

Variants of concern

• Agree 2
Long time lurking
2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Viral load

Flattening the curve

Social distancing

They have been done look what followed find the new ones they predict the future 

Royston

Looking at something at ''granular'' level... never heard this phrase particularly used prior to Boris and co using it in the covid briefings, now I hear some expert or other using it almost ever day.

Stinky Wizzleteats

Agree with @Long time lurking that its a good idea for a thread. A new coinage always makes my ears prick up now, if they say it once you can guarantee it'll be all over the place soon. Obviously planned well in advance.

We even get the contents of the press conferences in the day before they happen, leading to headlines like "tomorrow the PM is expected to announce x". And then the following day you get the same message again, "the PM has announced x".

• 2 weeks later...
Stinky Wizzleteats

Boris very pointedly said he would be cautiously but irreversibly raising a pint of beer on Monday. 

Can't imagine we'll hear that one again!

sarahbell
On 30/03/2021 at 21:29, Long time lurking said:

A starter for ten ,i`m hearing this more and more you just know they are paving the way /sowing the seeds 

Variants of concern

It was ok for Elgar to have variations.