DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Water in my phone speaker

The Masked Tulip

Question

The Masked Tulip

I have the answer for this so no need to answer. Thought it was useful to stick here in case others have the same problem.

I just spilt a bowl of peas in water over my smartphone. Despite wiping the phone quickly the sound of my speaker was muffled and crackly.

I tried a hair dryer which did not work. I tried sucking it, blowing it, sucking it again. You get the idea - jokes welcome.

I did a google and one suggestion was to play the below audio. I did so 4 or 5 times. It worked. My speaker now sounds better and louder than before the spill.

I assume this could work with tablets as well.

4 answers to this question

Another option for a submerged device... Buy a bag of silica cat litter. https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-silica-diamond-gel-cat-litter-38l/p/0433627 get a baggie and put phone /tablet  and lots of silica in. Leave on radiator for 24+hours.. remove battery if possible.  maybe worth wrapping devices with external ports in Muslim cloth to prevent dust ingress.

On 30/03/2021 at 23:13, The Masked Tulip said:

I have the answer for this so no need to answer. Thought it was useful to stick here in case others have the same problem.

I just spilt a bowl of peas in water over my smartphone. Despite wiping the phone quickly the sound of my speaker was muffled and crackly.

I tried a hair dryer which did not work. I tried sucking it, blowing it, sucking it again. You get the idea - jokes welcome.

I did a google and one suggestion was to play the below audio. I did so 4 or 5 times. It worked. My speaker now sounds better and louder than before the spill.

I assume this could work with tablets as well.

:Jumping:

Archived