DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pub Watch

Wight Flight

Wight Flight

Looks like some of our locals are coming out of hibernation. One that I thought was a goner is still alive which is great.

But I can't see why most are bothering with the first wave. With only outside, when dry, and light, with only one group per table I would be surprised if they can even get to 20% of normal turnover.

And many won't ever come back.

This is just a little thread to keep an eye on what is happening on the ground as we head towards the great re-opening.

To add. With such reduced capacity, I am hearing round here that if you haven't booked your table already you are too late for opening week.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Booking a table at a pub is like booking your seat on the bog.

Agreed.

I think I might just chance my arm but have a backup plan in a rucksack.

Popuplights
8 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Looks like some of our locals are coming out of hibernation. One that I thought was a goner is still alive which is great.

But I can't see why most are bothering with the first wave. With only outside, when dry, and light, with only one group per table I would be surprised if they can even get to 20% of normal turnover.

This is just a little thread to keep an eye on what is happening on the ground as we head towards the great re-opening.

To add. With such reduced capacity, I am hearing round here that if you haven't booked your table already you are too late for opening week.

No bookings required at my local. I spoke to the Landlord in the garden this week

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

No bookings required at my local. I spoke to the Landlord in the garden this week

But equally, no table, no service. You might need to camp out overnight.

It will be interesting to see what demand is.

Popuplights
38 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I don't understand your point. Not taking bookings protects him from the hassle of no-shows. Of course it's going to be busy! 

Wight Flight
25 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

I don't understand your point. Not taking bookings protects him from the hassle of no-shows. Of course it's going to be busy! 

I get it is great for the landlord. Not so good for the customer if I hike 40 minutes to the pub and he is full so I have to return home again.

Mind you, I would normally go for lunch rather than just a pint, so might have a different view from others.

• Informative 1

Capacity is likely what will temp landlords to take up the covid passport scheme so they are allowed to cram in punters like normal times instead of the table service only restrictions that will be in place without proof all punters are vaxxed up to date.

Though with the number of booster jabs they'll be rolling out you could find your status changes from green (vax up to date) to red (need a booster to get in places) mid pint and be asked to leave.

Hopefully the lack of such a scheme by opening time (outside in April, inside in May) means plenty will get used to not having covid passport restrictions, and as long as hospitalisation don't shoot back up the facts will make the decision for them to abandon the idea for in country activities so they will be used for foreign travel if they are still worried about variants elsewhere in the world.

• Agree 2

Carl Fimble
11 hours ago, BoSon said:

Capacity is likely what will temp landlords to take up the covid passport scheme so they are allowed to cram in punters like normal times instead of the table service only restrictions that will be in place without proof all punters are vaxxed up to date.

Though with the number of booster jabs they'll be rolling out you could find your status changes from green (vax up to date) to red (need a booster to get in places) mid pint and be asked to leave.

Hopefully the lack of such a scheme by opening time (outside in April, inside in May) means plenty will get used to not having covid passport restrictions, and as long as hospitalisation don't shoot back up the facts will make the decision for them to abandon the idea for in country activities so they will be used for foreign travel if they are still worried about variants elsewhere in the world.

Morgoth video on the whole pub thing :

14 min 9 sec, fine the just listen to in the back garden. 

alternative link to the same video :

https://www.bitchute.com/video/DVlgQFXSBTOI/

• Cheers 1

King Penda
On 31/03/2021 at 09:56, BoSon said:

Will it be possible to borrows someone’s pass and what about those with no phone or phones to old to put apps on I might dig out my iphone 4

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
On 31/03/2021 at 09:38, Wight Flight said:

BYOT

• Lol 1

Bkkandrew
1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

BYOT

Tart?

Yes, it usually reduces the number of lady drinks on the bill.

• Lol 1

Wight Flight
37 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Will it be possible to borrows someone’s pass and what about those with no phone or phones to old to put apps on I might dig out my iphone 4

I already use an iphone 4. It is becoming a PITA as most bank apps won't now work on it.

• Agree 2

King Penda
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

I already use an iphone 4. It is becoming a PITA as most bank apps won't now work on it.

That was my problem works rotas ended up going out of an app and training

They'll give out subsidised phone upgrades to ensure you are always in the system, means tested so free to those without the spare cash.

Same reason the UK and now the USA are planning a mega rollout of 'affordable fast internet for all' so there's no excuse for not using the up and coming government controlled tracking services that need internet or mobile access to work.

So not having the kit to use the covid pass to do stuff will be your own fault. No covid pass and you're stuck at home as a danger to society.

It's already 'selfish and dangerous' to play Footloose outside in groups of non-vulnerable people. 9_9

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Mirror Mirror
On 31/03/2021 at 00:56, Wight Flight said:

Yeah I’ve seen my locals ad for “the great reopening“ on FB. 

They’ve already made it clear, no bookings, just 4 people to an outside table, no standing drinking, wear masks unless seated.

I don’t think I’ll be returning quite yet.

• Agree 3

Chewing Grass
14 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Yeah I’ve seen my locals ad for “the great reopening“ on FB. 

They’ve already made it clear, no bookings, just 4 people to an outside table, no standing drinking, wear masks unless seated.

I don’t think I’ll be returning quite yet.

You'd be better off joining the kids in the park, if you bought & brought the booze they would be better company as well.

• Agree 2

On 30/03/2021 at 23:56, Wight Flight said:

great thread starter, this will be interesting.

• Cheers 1

On 30/03/2021 at 23:56, Wight Flight said:

Spoke to someone who owns a niteclub in a small town.

LL has given them a 90% rent reduction and rishi's grant covers the rest.

It's the wage slaves that've taken the brunt so far. Owner only down his profit.

• Informative 2