DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Everything would be fine if only everyone did what they were told.

dgul

I note this report in the BB of C:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56598217

Fewer than one in five people request a Covid-19 test if they have symptoms, while the number who follow full self-isolation rules is low, a large study of the test-and-trace system has found.

TPTB are setting the scene to blame all of the problems we have on someone (anyone) else.

In this case, they'll suggest that government advice was perfect, and the reason it didn't work is because of the people misbehaving.   This then deflects blame from the actual decisions of government.

And it'll leave the option open to introduce laws to mandate that everyone does what the government suggests (else they'll be locked up for the safety of everyone).

It reminds me of the old shopkeeper's joke -- 'everything would be fine if it wasn't for the customers'.

• Agree 11

I imagine people take a few days off, if they are feeling rough. That is all.

What's the point in having a test for something you know you have got?

• Agree 6

One percent
7 minutes ago, dgul said:

I note this report in the BB of C:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56598217

TPTB are setting the scene to blame all of the problems we have on someone (anyone) else.

In this case, they'll suggest that government advice was perfect, and the reason it didn't work is because of the people misbehaving.   This then deflects blame from the actual decisions of government.

And it'll leave the option open to introduce laws to mandate that everyone does what the government suggests (else they'll be locked up for the safety of everyone).

It reminds me of the old shopkeeper's joke -- 'everything would be fine if it wasn't for the customers'.

Or the teachers’, “this would be a great place to work if it wasn’t for the students “.   xD

• Lol 2

Hail the Tripod
1 hour ago, dgul said:

Fewer than one in five people request a Covid-19 test if they have symptoms

5C9625EB-C049-4299-ADA9-F0363B7A4001.gif

• Lol 1

Not compliant huh...

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/4207811-Sick-of-getting-my-2-5-year-old-tested

She's had FIVE tests and I'm sick of it, she gets distressed everytime, it has been negative everytime. Children get coughs and colds so regularly and everytime she's coughed previously I've got frustrated with her because it's like HERE WE GO AGAIN. My friend's child to isolate when they had croup, the doctor even diagnosed croup! I'm just done now. Couldn't give a flying farting space about bloody COVID-19.

These cunts comply with testing/distressing their 2yos.
  • Agree 8
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, tlc said:

Not compliant huh...

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/4207811-Sick-of-getting-my-2-5-year-old-tested

She's had FIVE tests and I'm sick of it, she gets distressed everytime, it has been negative everytime. Children get coughs and colds so regularly and everytime she's coughed previously I've got frustrated with her because it's like HERE WE GO AGAIN. My friend's child to isolate when they had croup, the doctor even diagnosed croup! I'm just done now. Couldn't give a flying farting space about bloody COVID-19.

FPBP, as they say elsewhere.

The very first response in that thread:

You aren't compelled to have her tested.

Not the only one saying that either. Two and a half, FFS! >:(

• Agree 4

MrLibertyRedux
47 minutes ago, tlc said:

Not compliant huh...

I didn't know this was going on. They need their fucking heads examined.

• Agree 8

Frank Hovis
1 hour ago, the gardener said:

Earlier this week I overheard a conversation between a 6 year old and 4 year old about how mummy had tested them by putting a cotton wool bud up their noses, how they didn't like it and it hurt. They talked about how mummy did it to daddy and herself too. They said daddy hated it and was making faces. 

It really depressed me. I felt real despair. The parents are good people yet they've been indoctrinated into doing this to their children. It wouldn't be so bad but mum is a teacher and (contrary to popular opinion) has worked in the classroom all through the Pandemic, albeit on reduced hours. Husband is in the forces and presumably has mixed with his entire regiment all throughout. None of them have ever tested positive or caught it. 

So sad. 

Yes, my father had to have the test just prior to a minor operation and I asked what it involved.

Having heard that I decided that I was going to add reusal to be tested to my refusal to be vaccinated.

• Agree 5

Mirror Mirror
3 hours ago, apples said:

FPBP, as they say elsewhere.

The very first response in that thread:

Not the only one saying that either. Two and a half, FFS! >:(

Probably the same cunty, child abusing, not fit to be a mother, piece of shit who I saw forcing a mask onto a crying screaming 2 year old in a pushchair a few weeks ago.

• Agree 5

Andersen

A good friend live in Birmingham and I've lost count of how many times she has said "Everything-would-be-fine-if-only-everyone-did-what-they-were-told". She's quite intelligent apart from that.

She often mentions cetain classes around the city have continued to hold late night parties, family meals at the weekend with all cousins turning up, etc. The thing I find difficult is she won't consider any explanation for the changing rules and conflicting gov't advice than "Our understanding of the situation keeps changing - the authorities are doing their best"

Edited by Andersen
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Andersen said:

A good friend live in Birmingham and I've lost count of how many times she has said "Everything-would-be-fine-if-only-everyone-did-what-they-were-told". She's quite intelligent apart from that.

She often mentions cetain classes around the city have continued to hold late night parties, family meals at the weekend with all cousins turning up, etc. The thing I find difficult is she won't consider any explanation for the changing rules and conflicting gov't advice than "Our understanding of the situation keeps changing - the authorities are doing their best"

Does she not at least wonder why case rates remain low?

To be fair, no test, no childcare. Nurseries insist on a negative before the child can re-attend (though you will ofc still pay £60+ a day in the meantime)

That would of been 50 days they would have had to take unpaid leave without tests. Not feasible in a country that necessitate 2 working parents to scrape a basic existence in most cases.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, tlc said:

Not compliant huh...

Why wouldn't they just pretend to do it?  

People are weird.

• Agree 7

Covid19 and life to go
23 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I didn't know this was going on. They need their fucking heads examined.

TPTB love it when the population follows the rules to the letter like this.  It makes them feel better that other children's childhoods are as miserable and unloving as their own public boarding school existence of buggery and bullying.  It also proves them to be mentally unhinged psychopaths in the same way serial killers with abusive formative years end up taking their frustrations out on others and not themselves.

20 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Probably the same cunty, child abusing, not fit to be a mother, piece of shit who I saw forcing a mask onto a crying screaming 2 year old in a pushchair a few weeks ago.

King Louis showed more mercy to Philippe!!

image.thumb.png.b5cc0cf04a91b99c24ee14bb0dfa958e.png

• Agree 4

stokiescum

I struggle with being told what to do particularly if the person telling me is not watching me.friends are around later with beer a caviar and salmon I don’t like the sound of it myself if I’m being honest

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

ad_ceng
On 01/04/2021 at 11:14, tlc said:

Not compliant huh...

we have a three years old he has had loads of colds, over the winter never once thought about getting him tested. Even sent him into pre school and they never said a thing either. Kids get colds only a moron would get them tested 

• Agree 6

stokiescum
17 hours ago, tlc said:

Good people don't force unnecessary distressing medical procedures on children. In normal times that is child abuse called Munchhausen Syndrome by Proxy.

My teen does not have to wear masks in school and has never had a test because I did not consent.

Only the x has had a test that’s once since this shit kicked off 

ad_ceng

I often think if we are living through a giant Milgram experiment, people know what they are being asked to do is not quite right but they are complying as people in authority are telling them to do it, so it must be OK

• Agree 10

Lightly Toasted

This abstract sums it up rather well:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/social-philosophy-and-policy/article/abs/is-there-a-moral-duty-to-obey-the-law/3352565E837E0DA157CB2225FAFFDEA6

This essay argues that there can be a duty to obey the law when it is produced by the evolutionary forces at work in the customary and common law. Human beings' inherent epistemic limitations mean that they must rely on the trial and error learning built into the common law process to discover rules that facilitate peaceful social interaction. Hence, a duty to obey the law produced by the common law process can arise from individuals' natural duty to promote social peace. This argument cannot be extended to ground political obligation. It does not give rise to a duty to obey the state.

Jazztraveller

In the past I’ve often thought of what I would have done in World War 1, knowing that joining up would be probable instant death. How would I avoid enlisting with all of the societal shaming going on around etc?

Well now is basically the stealth version of that scenario.

Stay strong Brothers (and sisters.... and brothers who are now sisters)

• Agree 4

SpectrumFX
4 minutes ago, Jazztraveller said:

In the past I’ve often thought of what I would have done in World War 1, knowing that joining up would be probable instant death. How would I avoid enlisting with all of the societal shaming going on around etc?

Well now is basically the stealth version of that scenario.

Stay strong Brothers (and sisters.... and brothers who are now sisters)

Top world war tip straight from my grandfather. Join the navy.

The captain of your ship can send you to your death, but he's likely to be less inclined to do so because he's got to go with you.

xD

Edited by SpectrumFX
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

Shamone
On 01/04/2021 at 11:44, the gardener said:

Earlier this week I overheard a conversation between a 6 year old and 4 year old about how mummy had tested them by putting a cotton wool bud up their noses, how they didn't like it and it hurt. They talked about how mummy did it to daddy and herself too. They said daddy hated it and was making faces. 

It really depressed me. I felt real despair. The parents are good people yet they've been indoctrinated into doing this to their children. It wouldn't be so bad but mum is a teacher and (contrary to popular opinion) has worked in the classroom all through the Pandemic, albeit on reduced hours. Husband is in the forces and presumably has mixed with his entire regiment all throughout. None of them have ever tested positive or caught it. 

So sad. 

Jesus. It’s worse than I thought. If she’s a teacher, doesn’t surprise me at all. 

• Agree 1

Shamone
1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I struggle with being told what to do particularly if the person telling me is not watching me.friends are around later with beer a caviar and salmon I don’t like the sound of it myself if I’m being honest

Bit posh, mate. Possibly gay,even. 

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1