DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What are you buying? ISAs 2021

Hardhat

Hardhat

ISA top up day fast approaching.

What are you buying?

I intend to double my holdings in GDGB and GJGB (GDX/J denominated in gbp)

Also looking to add Agronomics (LON:ANIC) which is a company involved in agro tech investment.

May also double my holding in BAT for the divis.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

Bobthebuilder

Topped up my SIPP last week. ISA allowance going into the stocks account. I still have cash in the ISA from last year, I don't rush in after the 6th April. I have learned to be patient and take my time. Sometimes a long time.

BATS is tempting for the divis, I might even start trying to trade Lloyds again, have not done that for a while.

• Agree 1

I get my stock tips from you lot - a bunch of strangers on the internet.:D worked pretty well so far.

I will probably go for @deathfunk MARA tip.

still putting monthly investments into silver and gold miners although I might give GJGB a try.

deathfunk
24 minutes ago, Albo said:

I get my stock tips from you lot - a bunch of strangers on the internet.:D worked pretty well so far.

I will probably go for @deathfunk MARA tip.

still putting monthly investments into silver and gold miners although I might give GJGB a try.

Timing is everything with Mara. Watch out! Btc will need to break 60k for it to go higher and it is struggling for 2 days to do so. Mara is currently not cheap. If btc breaks to 75k-90k I think it will run to over $70. If btc flattens out and fails to make new ATH then this is the top of the swing for Mara. Remember I bought into Mara during the bottom of this swing at $26 on 5th March. Buying at $50 offers a completely different risk-reward set up. 

US penny stocks are pretty hot right now. These guys pick winners. Expect insane volatility and you absolutely need to ensure that you buy these during the inevitable and deep pullbacks. Beware of buying into spikes here! You will need a very strong stomach.

https://insiderfinancial.com/

Also, give this a read. ARK have a number of funds focusing on disruptive tech. Just the kind of things that run hard in this wanky market. You will need to download, but it is kosher. Then you can try to find companies in these sectors. I tend to focus on <$2bn companies as there is a greater potential for them running longer.

https://ark-invest.com/big-ideas-2021/

Edited by deathfunk
  • Informative 1

Vendetta
1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

Orange Juice

Exactly why do you think the price of pork bellies (and orange juice) is going to keep going up, @nirvana (and @Popuplights)? 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Agree 1

nirvana
17 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Exactly why do you think the price of pork bellies (and orange juice) is going to keep going up, @nirvana (and @Popuplights)? 

cos of all the money the FED have printed?

Have you seen the increase in the US markets just these last 3 days? AND Silver, Gold, US oil?

It may have been April fools day yesterday lol and this may be temporary but man we is living in strange times....  

9 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Rillettes de porc?

even better!

• Agree 2

Vendetta
1 minute ago, nirvana said:

cos of all the money the FED have printed?

Have you seen the increase in the US markets just these last 3 days? AND Silver, Gold, US oil?

It may have been April fools day yesterday lol and this may be temporary but man we is living in strange times....  

even better!

Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

Popuplights
18 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Sorry, it's a joke reference to the film trading places, where the Eddie Murphy character does a pump and dump on pork bellies and orange juice to bankrupt the baddies. 

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

nirvana
2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

that's next weeks episode.......just maybe Rodney.......maybe :S

• Agree 1

Vendetta
2 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Sorry, it's a joke reference to the film trading places, where the Eddie Murphy character does a pump and dump on pork bellies and orange juice to bankrupt the baddies. 

Aye ! I was running with the joke and taking it to the next level....  🤪

I wonder what Eddie thinks about bitcoin?

Reckon he’s going long.....

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

M S E Refugee

Imperial Brands, BAT and Altria are what I am investing in.

They pay dividends in consecutive months and they are all very undervalued according to Simply Wall St.

• Agree 1

Hancock
On 01/04/2021 at 15:05, Hardhat said:

ISA top up day fast approaching.

What are you buying?

I intend to double my holdings in GDGB and GJGB (GDX/J denominated in gbp)

Also looking to add Agronomics (LON:ANIC) which is a company involved in agro tech investment.

May also double my holding in BAT for the divis.

Agronomics looks one to put money in should a bust happen, its 6 bagged in the last 6 months.

Im transferring a total of 80k into my Shares Isa on Tuesday, not putting it in anything unless we have a BK.

• Agree 2

Hardhat
On 04/04/2021 at 11:23, Hancock said:

Agronomics looks one to put money in should a bust happen, its 6 bagged in the last 6 months.

Not sure that necessarily means it's a bad investment. It might 6 bag again in the next 6 months; it's a new sector of agriculture and nobody really knows where the ceiling is. Quite speculative though.

Hancock
Just now, Hardhat said:

Not sure that necessarily means it's a bad investment. It might 6 bag again in the next 6 months; it's a new sector of agriculture and nobody really knows where the ceiling is. Quite speculative though.

That may well be the case.

Id say its extremely speculative on the basis i've never seen lab made meat in the supermarkets, which are the only place i hang out these day.

• Lol 1

Kurt Barlow

Mainly investment trusts with a good solid divi stream. Need to reinvest my Ratesetter money. 

• 1 month later...
Hardhat

Agronomics up 30% so far.

Apart from topping up my gold and silver holdings at the same time, I've found little to buy in the past few weeks and have a fair percentage sitting in cash.

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
SomersetMatt
On 01/04/2021 at 15:05, Hardhat said:

Love the look of this but on the sidelines atm. It’s priced at above 100% NAV, so just looking for an entry point. Lots of new shares hitting the market on 1st June, so maybe after that?? Could be highly disruptive sector... 

Hardhat
54 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

Love the look of this but on the sidelines atm. It’s priced at above 100% NAV, so just looking for an entry point. Lots of new shares hitting the market on 1st June, so maybe after that?? Could be highly disruptive sector... 

Bit of a roller coaster last few weeks 😂

Very very speculative.