• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

Everyday Feminism - lunatic SJWness

This announced that it might have to close in May but it remains open for our entertainment.

There is so much to laugh at there where do you start?  But this tickled me:

HTW-Ad-Template-1-small.jpg

Module 4 - The First Practice of Noticing Toxicity and Acknowledging Multiple Realities 

Due to their unconscious conditioning by white supremacy, many white people – even while believing racism is wrong – don’t realize how often they associate white culture and experiences with what's “normal” and “good." This leads them to struggle with acknowledging that their experiences may not actually be the norm. 

Acknowledging racism and its impact is difficult when people of color are considered “other” and their reality is not affirmed as being different from that of white people. Learning to recognize toxic whiteness and engage it, as well as holding the multiple realities as all being true, can ground white people in what is actually happening - versus in the lies of white supremacy. 

Is this only for white people? This program is open to people of color, but the focus will be on white people's racial experience of white supremacy.

http://everydayfeminism.com/

Pick your favourite bit of NUS type nonsense from the panoply of nonsense presented.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Sounds wonderful Frank, where do I sign?  

Are you running any other courses?  

They're doing it for $97 but I'm offering it at $95.

I haven't clicked on the "Everyday Self-Love Course"  xD

"Thin privilege"

Privilege isn’t about what you work for and what you don’t – it’s about holding social power over those who are oppressed. And the only way that thin privilege can exist is if the oppression of fat people exists.

And therefore, if you believe that you “deserve” your privilege (perhaps because you “worked for” it), then you also inherently believe that others “deserve” to be oppressed.

https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/06/thin-privilege-worked-for-body/

We have human privilege and have oppressed plants and animals for too long. We should be ashamed and give back Earth to Nature. We should all kill ourselves right now.

- I am going to ban myself from this forum. I have internet privilege. 

Edited by 201p

dysphoria1-final.png

Has anyone ever implied that you’re “faking” being transgender because you don’t feel like you’re “born in the wrong body?”

The narrative of feeling like a person of one gender “trapped” in another gender’s body is true for some, but it doesn’t apply to all trans people. If you don’t experience physical dysphoria, that doesn’t mean you’re “not trans enough.”

But it hurts :CryBaby:  to be excluded based on this narrative, so here’s a comic to help you get through it. This explains the origins of the myth that trans people must experience physical dysphoria – and exactly what this misconception gets wrong.

https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/05/transgender-without-dysphoria/

Surely to be transgender you have to want to be the other gender?  Clearly there are levels of subtlety here only several days without sleep can discern.

I'm a transgender man.  I was born a man, I am currently a man, in the future I want to remain a man, but I'm transgender.  Stop oppressing me.

Just now, Great Guy said:

Tbh, anyone that's being intellectually honest would admit that white culture is one of the better ones....

Am I really meant to look at Africa and think "Wow! All that ethnic violence, starving children and corruption is awesome! I just wish we had some of that in boring old Europe".

I love asking SJWs if giving asylum to people is fundamentally racist. By giving asylum we are effectively saying "our British culture is better than your culture". There's a clear value judgement that some places are shit and our country is better - it meets the definition of racism...

Bits of Africa are like that.  Botswana is apparently very nice.

Good point about asylum though!

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, anyone that's being intellectually honest would admit that white culture is one of the better ones....

Am I really meant to look at Africa and think "Wow! All that ethnic violence, starving children and corruption is awesome! I just wish we had some of that in boring old Europe".

I love asking SJWs if giving asylum to people is fundamentally racist. By giving asylum we are effectively saying "our British culture is better than your culture". There's a clear value judgement that some places are shit and our country is better - it meets the definition of racism...

Ahem, have you not been paying attention recently.  We too are now culturally enriched. 

On a more serious note. I'm starting to wonder if this is a new branch of pyramid levels of order as the prescribed religions of the west are taking a back seat to consumerism, materialism and social media worship. 

In this branch, You obey, and shall atone, you shall yield because of xxxxx privilege. Identity politics will reveal there will be at least one privilege that makes you not worthy.

In other parts of the world and in the old west, it would be religion - God is the Greatest, you beg for the mercy of God, as you are not worthy to receive Him.

Other religions also religiously say God is Greater. Etc...

Edited by 201p

2 minutes ago, 201p said:

On a more serious note. I'm starting to wonder if this is a new branch of pyramid levels of order and control as the prescribed religions of the west are taking a back seat to consumerism, materialism and social media worship. 

In this branch, You obey, and shall atone, you shall yield because of xxxxx privilege.

In other parts of the world and in the old west, it would be religion - God is the Greatest, you beg for the mercy of God, as you are not worthy to receive Him.

Other religions also religiously say God is Greater. Etc...

I think you're right.  It's an attempt to control white people, men, heterosexual people, thin people etc. by telling them how they should behave, that their opinions don't count, and that should assume in the first place that they are wrong because of their privilege so their view has less value than that of any person who ranks "below" them (under their definitions) in any of these categories.

Isn't there a toxic funny hat privilegism with SJWs - they don’t realize how often they associate their hats with what's “normal” and “good." This leads them to struggle with acknowledging that their hats may not actually be the norm.

Edited by twocents

5 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Yes.

Although "our British culture is better than your culture" it's not perfect and not by a long chalk and I think it's getting increasingly imperfect and out of whack with every passing day and the millions on top of millions suddenly arriving from overseas in recent years isn't improving matters.  You only need to go to a local mall (more or less the only place in town to go these days) to see the concrete fortifications and the heavily armed guards in case the buyers of tat are attacked to know that.

Do they actually realise that they're asking for "asylum" :o  

I understand there are asylums in many places in the UK but I don't think anybody wants to go there.

Edited by twocents

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think you're right.  It's an attempt to control white people, men, heterosexual people, thin people etc. by telling them how they should behave, that their opinions don't count, and that should assume in the first place that they are wrong because of their privilege so their view has less value than that of any person who ranks "below" them (under their definitions) in any of these categories.

Yes.

The serious thing is that generally speaking that sort of thing seems to have the approval of the authorities and therefore the media (as the media has become increasingly mindless and under the control of the authorities).

Otherwise their opinions would just be fringe and generally disregarded.  These days due what seems to be implied authority support and media propaganda it's not impossible for it to at least apparently become mainstream thought at any moment - and they also have demographic trends in their favour at the moment.

Edited by twocents

From that website

But Mother Nature isn’t racist.

It depends how you define racist and how you define Mother Nature but I think most people would have a very good idea what the words mean.  

If you watch birds a bit you will see that they do tend to mix - a bit - for example when they're on the ground looking for food - but they still argue with each other and with other types of bird over most every tiny crumb available.  They don't mate with each other.  When they flock they stick together - birds of a feather stick together.  Trees don't breed with different types of trees and so on - in that regard each tree is pretty much self contained.  Fish don't breed with different types of fish.

Actually some would say Mother Nature is totally racist and even the most racist.

Birds aren't humans of course and humans do mate quite widely with each other - but the point is to claim that Mother Nature isn't racist (as an example to justify anything) seems totally wrong and even seems to be a misleading lie.  Unless you're talking stuff like cloning then everything is up for grabs - but that's not Mother Nature - that's intervention and some would say playing god.

If the web site had said Mother Nature is accepting (or something like that) then they might perhaps have a point - but they don't.

Edited by twocents

13 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Just imagine if someone set up a course "Healing from toxic blackness"..... Racism really is only one way...

Yes - in their minds.  

They don't seem to observe it being exercised elsewhere even in their own everyday daily lives.  Maybe their organisation, social life and belief systems and so on are more important to them than the truth.

Edited by twocents

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

L'Oréal has sacked their first transgender model for making this statement which could have been lifted straight from everyday feminism:

"Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people.

"Because most of ya'll don't even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour.

"Your entire existence is drenched in racism."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41127404/loreal-sacks-first-transgender-model-munroe-bergdorf

How the effing jeff is my existence and success built on the backs of "people with colour"?  Will I come back off holiday to find that people with colour have done all my work while I've been off? Brilliant!

These people (as in SJWs) are mentally ill.

A good example of embracing "diversity" making a brand "stronger"? Or another good example of embracing "identity politics" making a brand a "shit show"?

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

L'Oréal has sacked their first transgender model for making this statement which could have been lifted straight from everyday feminism:

"Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people.

"Because most of ya'll don't even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour.

"Your entire existence is drenched in racism."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41127404/loreal-sacks-first-transgender-model-munroe-bergdorf

How the effing jeff is my existence and success built on the backs of "people with colour"?  Will I come back off holiday to find that people with colour have done all my work while I've been off? Brilliant!

These people (as in SJWs) are mentally ill.

Wow - you'd almost think that people that want to get their cocks chops of have a tendency to be a bit mental - whodathunkit?

It reminds me of the killing fields of Cambodia where anyone who was skilled or clever or "higher" was killed off because they were only the way they were by exploiting the working class.  There is something fundamental with humans that they tend to kill off their best.  At the same time the "best" seem incapable of organizing an opposition and will not fight back, though to be fair there are always a lot more dummies than smarties.    None of this can end well.