• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

Everyday Feminism - lunatic SJWness

On 13/03/2019 at 23:51, Wight Flight said:

For some unknown reason my school formed a boys' netball team to give the girls' team someone to practice against.

We were disbanded after the first two games.

Bit sexist

Jussie_the_liar.jpg

On 13/03/2019 at 23:51, Wight Flight said:

For some unknown reason my school formed a boys' netball team to give the girls' team someone to practice against.

We were disbanded after the first two games.

We had more or less the same thing. The boys football team were asked to play the girls lacrosse team (at lacrosse) to help with their fitness and team building at the beginning of their season. At halftime we were losing, mostly as a result of committing fouls because we didn’t know any of the rules. We asked the referee to explain the rules at half time, went out and thrashed the girls in the second half. They went on to win their local league, but we never got asked to train with them again.

55 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

We had more or less the same thing. The boys football team were asked to play the girls lacrosse team (at lacrosse) to help with their fitness and team building at the beginning of their season. At halftime we were losing, mostly as a result of committing fouls because we didn’t know any of the rules. We asked the referee to explain the rules at half time, went out and thrashed the girls in the second half. They went on to win their local league, but we never got asked to train with them again.

I bet the girls knew that would happen.

Women PE teachers are usually borderline lezzas who think girls are all round better than boys so should be able to beat them in all sports if they train really hard.

It only works like that up to puberty; at that point boys gain a lot more muscle mass, get stronger and larger bones, and become bigger than girls.  In sport size and strength matters a lot.

Posted (edited)
On 13/03/2019 at 19:24, Errol said:

6Xw51ghPxCGuY8IYa1BOBzFzHgA_-YiBuypOZ4BM5Zc.png?width=572&auto=webp&s=a1b3c65b3426f97d5d2edddcf4f185f3e2b5c4f0

Totally ridiculous, they could have made mixed teams and had a decent match.

I remember my female PE teacher rightly refusing to allow a combination of the boys football and rugby teams play the girls hockey team. 

Not sure if this is the same elsewhere, but the girls in my daughter's primary school are crazy about gymnastics, to a degree far beyond what was the case in my time at school.

It seems to be a mechanism they use to battle it for some form of status. It's a pretty good choice of sport, as -- at their age at least, it's something which they are far better than the boys at.  

Edited by Transistor Man

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Women PE teachers are usually borderline lezzas who think girls are all round better than boys so should be able to beat them in all sports if they train really hard.

It only works like that up to puberty; at that point boys gain a lot more muscle mass, get stronger and larger bones, and become bigger than girls.  In sport size and strength matters a lot.

It’s not just physical. Women’s chess has been well established as a highly competitive sport/activity for apx 100 years. Women have been able to compete in the main, ungendered event for all that time too. The soviets were very big on women’s chess, and they had just as much training and encouragement as the men.

Only one woman has ever been ranked in the top 10, and none have ever been in the top 3.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_World_Chess_Championship

Professional sport involves individuals at the extremes. “Greater male variability hypothesis” is the inconvenient truth.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Bit sexist

O.o

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I remember back in the 70's a sports lesson where the sports teacher decided girls would play the boys. It resulted in if a boy went within 3 or 4 feet of a girl who had the ball that it was deemed a foul.

The girls had a fun 2 hours and the boys were miserable. Perhaps the teacher was preparing the boys for marriage or was formulating anti male guff that took us from there to where we are today.

57 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It’s not just physical. Women’s chess has been well established as a highly competitive sport/activity for apx 100 years. Women have been able to compete in the main, ungendered event for all that time too. The soviets were very big on women’s chess, and they had just as much training and encouragement as the men.

Only one woman has ever been ranked in the top 10, and none have ever been in the top 3.

Professional sport involves individuals at the extremes. “Greater male variability hypothesis” is the inconvenient truth.

With chess my opinion, and it is entirely of the "I reckon" variety, the predominance of men is a product of what has been dubbed the extreme male brain.  The obsessive, autistic one.

The rules of chess and basic strategies can be readily learned by any reasonably bright kid.  Think several moves ahead, don't bring your queen out too early etc.

To start getting better than this you have to obsess about it.  Study games, learn opening gambits, do endless "white to play and mate in three" puzzles so that your playing becomes a case of selecting the correct learned responses to particular positionings and then stitching this together with basic strategy.  A bit like being able to improvise on the guitar: you have lots of learned phrases and the skill is in choosing the appropriate ones and stitching them together.

It takes a reasonable intelligence but primarily it takes obsession.  Years of dedication to chess above else.  Or to playing the guitar.

Take pretty much any top ten guitarists list and they are all men; here's a recent Rolling Stone top ten.

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Jeff Beck, B.B. King, Chuck Berry, Eddie Van Halen, Duane Allman and Pete Townshend

You don't get women in top ten guitarist lists unless it is an exclusively women listing.  In my opinion (remember - it's an "I reckon") because women don't spend their teenage years doing pretty much nothing other than playing guitar rather than men either having inherently better skills or more native talent.

It could just be that women, or rather women's brains, in general desire a better life balance.

30 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

With chess my opinion, and it is entirely of the "I reckon" variety, the predominance of men is a product of what has been dubbed the extreme male brain.  The obsessive, autistic one.

The rules of chess and basic strategies can be readily learned by any reasonably bright kid.  Think several moves ahead, don't bring your queen out too early etc.

To start getting better than this you have to obsess about it.  Study games, learn opening gambits, do endless "white to play and mate in three" puzzles so that your playing becomes a case of selecting the correct learned responses to particular positionings and then stitching this together with basic strategy.  A bit like being able to improvise on the guitar: you have lots of learned phrases and the skill is in choosing the appropriate ones and stitching them together.

It takes a reasonable intelligence but primarily it takes obsession.  Years of dedication to chess above else.  Or to playing the guitar.

Take pretty much any top ten guitarists list and they are all men; here's a recent Rolling Stone top ten.

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Jeff Beck, B.B. King, Chuck Berry, Eddie Van Halen, Duane Allman and Pete Townshend

You don't get women in top ten guitarist lists unless it is an exclusively women listing.  In my opinion (remember - it's an "I reckon") because women don't spend their teenage years doing pretty much nothing other than playing guitar rather than men either having inherently better skills or more native talent.

It could just be that women, or rather women's brains, in general desire a better life balance.

Men have more time in terms of reproducing. Women do not. So men can 'waste' years learning chess, playing the guitar, playing Doom, etc, but females know, on a biological level, that they have X amount of time to get pregnant and have babies. So no time to do the other stuff.

The women who do other stuff are the exceptions - sports women for example - who either sacrifice having children in order to excel at their sport or simply have no interest in children - i.e. sometimes lesbian. We are all animals at the end of the day no matter how much we pretend that we are not.

On 15/03/2019 at 10:22, Hail the Tripod said:

Chess is boring.

Chess-boxing is where the action is...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_boxing

;)

chess-boxing.jpg

Chess-Boxing-1-1300x722.jpg

Chess_Boxing_Brand_Design_Plakat_Frank_S

XYY

36 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Fuck me, If this is a competition  I think I win.

I think I might just win against her too.

Could be a 50/50 bout mind as I'm pretty shit at chess.

But as long I avoid a "fool's-mate" - and cutting my hands on her face-jewellery - then I reckon I could easily knock her out in one round...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I think I might just win against her too.

Could be a 50/50 bout mind as I'm pretty shit at chess.

But as long I avoid a "fool's-mate" - and cutting my hands on her face-jewellery - then I reckon I could easily knock her out in one round...

;)

XYY

What if she plays her joker though.:Geek: