Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

A 12 week Nudge?


tlc
 Share

Recommended Posts

When the Pfizer brew rolled out, the 2nd dose was supposed to be after 3 weeks but TPTB pushed the 2nd stab 12 weeks just before the Easter holidays.

Now we know from Israel and Gibraltar that the was a significant increase in cases and deaths after the stabs.

People are now tantalisingly close to being permitted some of their old life.

What if a similar wave of increase in cases and deaths occur in the much larger population of the UK, TPTB say COVID has returned and blame poor vaccine uptake and the filthy unvaccinated.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent

They can’t use that argument when they have been crowing about how successful the vaccination roll out has been. Unless they are duplicitous, lying bastards. 
 

oh, wait.... o.O

  • Lol 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caravan Monster
2 hours ago, tlc said:

When the Pfizer brew rolled out, the 2nd dose was supposed to be after 3 weeks but TPTB pushed the 2nd stab 12 weeks just before the Easter holidays.

Now we know from Israel and Gibraltar that the was a significant increase in cases and deaths after the stabs.

People are now tantalisingly close to being permitted some of their old life.

What if a similar wave of increase in cases and deaths occur in the much larger population of the UK, TPTB say COVID has returned and blame poor vaccine uptake and the filthy unvaccinated.

They don't even need an increase in 'cases' and 'covid' deaths to accentuate the divide in society and wind up the vaccinated about the outsiders. 'bad people bad' repeated ad nauseam in the media will drive opinion in those that can't see the obvious contradiction in the vaccination prevents transmission narrative

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
3 hours ago, tlc said:

When the Pfizer brew rolled out, the 2nd dose was supposed to be after 3 weeks but TPTB pushed the 2nd stab 12 weeks just before the Easter holidays.

Now we know from Israel and Gibraltar that the was a significant increase in cases and deaths after the stabs.

People are now tantalisingly close to being permitted some of their old life.

What if a similar wave of increase in cases and deaths occur in the much larger population of the UK, TPTB say COVID has returned and blame poor vaccine uptake and the filthy unvaccinated.

12 weeks and nudge is correct, but in a different way.

We know, and they are admitting, that they can't get the vax pass working until late August at best.

But with a twelve week gap, if you aren't jabbed by late May (when they think they can have done step 1 on every adult) then you will be a non-person by the time the passports come in to force.

Which they won't, but the job has been done.

If they had kept it at three weeks, people would wait to see how the life controls played out before committing. At 12 weeks, most won't.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2/4/2020

Inside the UK government’s influential behavioural ‘nudge unit’

Former intelligence analyst specialised in China and cyber warfare has just joined key team.

 

A senior figure from the world of intelligence and defence, who specialised in China and cyber warfare, has been appointed to one of the top posts in the government’s “nudge unit”, which is involved in the campaign against the coronavirus outbreak.

Rachel Coyle, who has received an MBE for services to defence, is the new managing director of the Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) helping to develop strategy for the pandemic at the Cabinet Office.

 

The work of the “nudge unit” was relatively little known until its role became more widely publicised over Covid-19, especially over the concept of “herd immunity“ to combat the virus and the effect this had on the timing of the eventual lockdown ordered by Boris Johnson.

Ms Coyle, who has a masters in Chinese studies from Cambridge, spent six years at the Ministry of Defence, where she started as analyst with Mandarin language skills before being promoted to policy advisor at the Permanent Joint Headquarters, then private secretary to the deputy chief of defence staff (military strategy & operations) General Sir Richard Barrons, and finally assistant head of cyber operations policy.

 

After receiving her MBE in 2013, Ms Coyle joined Salamanca, a business intelligence and investigations group, where she became head of corporate intelligence in charge of the company’s international offices.

Starting her job with the “nudge unit” at the end of last month, Ms Coyle stated in a social media post: “I’m really proud to have started a new role as managing director for the Behavioural Insights Team.”

 

General Barrons, who went on to become chief of joint forces command, said: “Rachel was one of the sharpest civil servants I have ever come across. I found her very impressive and she will no doubt do a very good job at a very difficult time.”

 

 
As deputy chief of defence staff, General Barrons was in charge of the military support for national resilience and security in natural or man-made disasters as well as conflicts.
 
He told The Independent: “The potential risk of global pandemic has been with us for a very long time. Questions have to be asked of the government, industry and civil society on the level of preparedness when this pandemic occurred.
 

“We can’t have been completely surprised. In the future we obviously need to be better prepared. But we must not make the mistake of thinking that it’s all just about pandemics. There will be a whole range of challenges ranging from climate change, the rise of China and the role of Russia. There needs to be a focus on strategy.”

 

The strategy of “nudging” is based on the premise of changing behaviour through coaxing and pointing out positive outcomes to actions rather than through coercion. It was set up 10 years ago by the Cameron government and ownership is shared between its staff, the Cabinet Office and the charity Nesta which deals with innovations.

David Halpern, BIT’s chief executive, and a member of the Government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) outlined to the BBC on 11 March the approach of shielding vulnerable people until enough of the country’s population had been infected with Covid-19, and immunity would be acquired to halt its spread.

“There’s going to be a point, assuming the epidemic flows and grows as it will do, where you want to cocoon, to protect those at-risk groups so they don’t catch the disease. By the time they come out of their cocooning, herd immunity has been achieved in the rest of the population,” he said.

On the same day Dominic Cummings, the chief advisor to Boris Johnson, is reported to have brought up the issue of herd immunity in a discussion with tech industry leaders. Two days later the government’s chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, told BBC Radio 4 that one of the key things we need to do is to “build up some kind of herd immunity so more people are immune to this disease and we reduce the transmission”.

Matt Hancock, the health secretary, insisted a few days later that achieving herd immunity was not a stated policy. Instead, he said, “in the coming weeks” people over the age of 70 will be told to self-isolate.

Richard Horton, editor-in-chief of the medical journal Lancet told the Commons Science and Technology Select Committee at the end of last month that SAGE, despite being chaired by the chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, and the chief scientific officer, Sir Patrick Vallance, had little input from public health doctors and medical officers. The dominant voices advising the government, he said, were mathematical modellers and behavioural scientists, including Dr Halpern.

“There is evidence on modelling and on behavioural science, but I don’t see the evidence from the public health community or from the clinical community,” he said.

“We thought we could have a controlled epidemic. We thought we could manage that epidemic over the course of March and April, push the curve to the right, build up herd immunity and that way we could protect people. The reason why that strategy was wrong is it didn’t recognise that 20 per cent of people infected would end up with severe critical illness. The evidence was there at the end of January.”

A senior Whitehall official involved with Covid-19 planning held, however, that Dr Halpern was explaining the theory of “herd immunity”, not advocating it. He said “a lot will come out in the future about what happened, not just the role of advisers, but politicians as well, I have no doubt that a lot of it very interesting for the public”.

Edited by tlc
  • Informative 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ash4781b
2 hours ago, One percent said:

They can’t use that argument when they have been crowing about how successful the vaccination roll out has been. Unless they are duplicitous, lying bastards. 
 

oh, wait.... o.O

I keep hearing the advert on the radio that 1 in 3 who have covid but have no symptoms. Eh ?

Edited by Ash4781b
  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
15 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

I keep hearing the advert on the radio that 1 in 3 who have covid but have no symptoms. Eh ?

So not exactly the killer disease that they make it out to be.  Taking us for fools. 

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

So not exactly the killer disease that they make it out to be.  Taking us for fools. 

I think the experiment went too far, and now they are toning it back a bit, hoping we don't realise the government are arseholes.

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I think the experiment went too far, and now they are toning it back a bit, hoping we don't realise the government are arseholes.

I think they are way too late with that pinny. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, One percent said:

I think they are way too late with that pinny. 

I personally think so, but there are many others out there.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ash4781b
2 hours ago, One percent said:

So not exactly the killer disease that they make it out to be.  Taking us for fools. 

You may not have a television but the advert I saw last night. A black woman said ‘get the vaccine’ then the advert ended. I was trying to find. I’ve never seen anything like it.

  • Informative 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro

I don't think deaths, hospitalisations, tests, cases, vaccines or anything matter any more. The British people have been, very easily I might add, completely psychologically broken by propaganda, and will now simply accept whatever they are told without any need for justification or evidence.

Even if HMG comes out and says it was all a hoax, there would still be people who would refuse to accept it was over, like those Volkssturm 'Werewolves' after VE Day that refused to accept Germany had surrendered.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Even if HMG comes out and says it was all a hoax, there would still be people who would refuse to accept it was over, like those Volkssturm 'Werewolves' after VE Day that refused to accept Germany had surrendered.

I doubt I'll ever be 100% convinced it wasn't a hoax.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro
38 minutes ago, eight said:

I doubt I'll ever be 100% convinced it wasn't a hoax.

I don't think something of this scale can ever be called a hoax. It would be like calling the First World War a hoax.

I am sure there are elements of hoaxing involved, but it's not possible to have a simple and all-encompassing conspiracy to defraud on such a wide-ranging global level.

As I see it, it is a combination of outright fraud and corruption (from various sources rather one single person or group), incompetence, panic and over-cautiousness.

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised this is still up. I guess they are confident of getting away with their   Big Lie

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." Joseph Goebbels

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I don't think deaths, hospitalisations, tests, cases, vaccines or anything matter any more. The British people have been, very easily I might add, completely psychologically broken by propaganda, and will now simply accept whatever they are told without any need for justification or evidence.

Even if HMG comes out and says it was all a hoax, there would still be people who would refuse to accept it was over, like those Volkssturm 'Werewolves' after VE Day that refused to accept Germany had surrendered.

We are now living in a scareocracy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time lurking
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I don't think something of this scale can ever be called a hoax. It would be like calling the First World War a hoax.

I am sure there are elements of hoaxing involved, but it's not possible to have a simple and all-encompassing conspiracy to defraud on such a wide-ranging global level.

As I see it, it is a combination of outright fraud and corruption (from various sources rather one single person or group), incompetence, panic and over-cautiousness.

image.png.a377374bb1ec21501808d3ee17626ebb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time lurking
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

As I see it, it is a combination of outright fraud and corruption (from various sources rather one single person or group), incompetence, panic and over-cautiousness.

A perfect cover for something far more nefarious 

The bigger the lie the greater the the number of people that will defend it as the truth ,this is a fact 

After all this started with a few videos out of China 

I`m with you on the whole but i will never be 100% 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...