DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hairdressers

sarahbell

sarahbell

Comment off someone I know "Oh I had to get some cash out last week for the hair dresser..." 

And today on facebook someone pleading for a hairdresser to come and cut her kids hair in the garden.

Just drive to scotland! 

• Agree 1

Van Lady

There was a queue of over 20 blokes outside the barbers when I was at the high street mid morning. Went back that way before going dog walking early afternoon and there were 12 waiting.

Edited by Van Lady
  • Agree 3
  • Lol 1

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

There was a queue of over 20 blokes outside the barbers when I was at the high street mid morning. Went back that way before going dog walking early afternoon and there were 12 waiting.

There are going to be stories of Scottish local authorities struggling under the weight of discarded hair.

• Lol 2

Post above

Just read your post out to my wife. She said just like you then 

Edited by Bilbo
Quote post didn't work.. my fault!
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2

Bornagain
18 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Hairdressers are just on a long list of things that last year has proved that I can do without. 

Restaurants, foreign holidays, family, friends etc

This.

Very much this.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Van Lady
1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Hairdressers are just on a long list of things that last year has proved that I can do without. 

Restaurants, foreign holidays, family, friends etc

I won’t be going anywhere other than shops for essential food until compulsory masks, social distancing etc stops.

• Agree 8

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

When were they last open? Could be some shit haircuts if they're rushing and out of practice. Although I expect they've all been cutting some hair off the books.

Van Lady
2 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

When were they last open? Could be some shit haircuts if they're rushing and out of practice. Although I expect they've all been cutting some hair off the books.

Can’t remember when they were last open but yes son and mates have been getting their hair cut regularly at a barber’s home.

• Agree 3

The Grey Man
25 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

A point of note...not just hairdressing practice.

I live on the incoming flight path for Manchester Airport.

Pre COVID some amazing flying via man and machine. Notably during very high winds. 

Last summer onwards some bloody scary wonky planes. Sure none crashed. Hardly storm force winds either. All companies seemed similar.

My wifes view..lack of practice.

Edited by The Grey Man
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The Grey Man
24 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Can’t remember when they were last open but yes son and mates have been getting their hair cut regularly at a barber’s home.

Shocked I tell thee! A barbers home! 

Something going on in my kitchen this afternoon. Upto no good is my observation.

Not my colour though.20210405_183512.thumb.jpg.130de1d482f25e8b16a48f833594a4c2.jpg

• Cheers 1

wherebee

It would be interesting if someone studied the number of infections at hairdressers.  They have to be, after care home workers, amongst the highest professions for exposure - close contact, much touching of hair and face, extended times together, etc etc.

• Agree 1

Bornagain
5 hours ago, wherebee said:

It would be interesting if someone studied the number of infections at hairdressers.  They have to be, after care home workers, amongst the highest professions for exposure - close contact, much touching of hair and face, extended times together, etc etc.

We learn more by what is not reported than we do by what is reported.

We can be more-or-less certain that hairdressers are not responsible for many infections because if they were responsible  it would be splashed all over the press in order to support the governments case.

The same can be said of pubs and restaurants, if there was any credible way of spinning the data to demonstrate that these places were hot spots for infection then it would have been all over the press - that we have heard nothing means than it did not happen.

As I understand it, the prime locations for being infected were care homes and hospitals - who'd have thought it ?

• Agree 5

JoeDavola

I hope that hairdressers don’t open in NI for another few months simply because I’m wanting to see how long my Dads hair can actually get. I told him to keep growing it when the last lockdown was briefly lifted but he went straight to the barber which was most disappointing.

I’m hoping he lets it grow to this stage:

image.jpeg

• Lol 1

13 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

A point of note...not just hairdressing practice.

I live on the incoming flight path for Manchester Airport.

Pre COVID some amazing flying via man and machine. Notably during very high winds. 

Last summer onwards some bloody scary wonky planes. Sure none crashed. Hardly storm force winds either. All companies seemed similar.

My wifes view..lack of practice.

The computers don't need to practice.