Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Covid deaths versus bad flu deaths


Syd Germs
 Share

Recommended Posts

Syd Germs

Has anybody seen a comparison with previous bad flu seasons allowing for changes in number of fatties and coffin dodgers?

i.e. There was a couple of winters in the 60s where excess deaths were around 70,000.

Since then:

  • The number of over eighties as a percentage has nearly trebled.
  • The rate of obesity has quadrupled.
  • The population has increased from 55m to 70m (official!).

What would those numbers from the sixties be if projected onto the 20/21 winter.

My guess would be they would be far worse.

This would be a good question for R4s More or Less but the gutless cunts on there won't touch anything remotely controversial, just as they avoided BLM stats.

  • Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

crashmonitor

Hong Kong flu killed 30,000 in the UK, surprisingly 15,000 under 65. It was probably more deadly to younger people than Covid. One assumes they were a bit keener on getting the principal cause of death on the death certificate ( as opposed to died with). So it may have been nearly as deadly as Covid overall, also considering a younger, leaner populace (as you point out).

 

https://thebiomedicalscientist.net/resources/hong-kong-flu

Edited by crashmonitor
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the gardener
13 hours ago, Syd Germs said:

Has anybody seen a comparison with previous bad flu seasons allowing for changes in number of fatties and coffin dodgers?

i.e. There was a couple of winters in the 60s where excess deaths were around 70,000.

Since then:

  • The number of over eighties as a percentage has nearly trebled.
  • The rate of obesity has quadrupled.
  • The population has increased from 55m to 70m (official!).

What would those numbers from the sixties be if projected onto the 20/21 winter.

My guess would be they would be far worse.

This would be a good question for R4s More or Less but the gutless cunts on there won't touch anything remotely controversial, just as they avoided BLM stats.

Yes. 

Deaths have been rising since 2011 due to our aging population. Continued rises are baked in over the next couple of decades. How convenient for TPTB - could sneak in a few more 'waves' or New 'pandemics'. 

Edited by the gardener
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the gardener

Also you just have to look at the ASMR- Age Standardised Mortality Rate which uses the 2013 European standard population. 2020 ASMR was the worst for...... 12 years. Every year before ~2007 was worse. 

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the moment I'd guess that daily 'with covid' deaths are being outnumbered by suicides but the government or media won't acknowledge that.

Too focused on zero covid that is unachievable unless go total China syndrome on government control that would make North Korea look like a free country.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Democorruptcy
13 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Hong Kong flu killed 30,000 in the UK, surprisingly 15,000 under 65. It was probably more deadly to younger people than Covid. One assumes they were a bit keener on getting the principal cause of death on the death certificate ( as opposed to died with). So it may have been nearly as deadly as Covid overall, also considering a younger, leaner populace (as you point out).

 

https://thebiomedicalscientist.net/resources/hong-kong-flu

When we had the swine flu in 2009 the higher risk groups included children and pregnant women.

Quote

 

Pregnant women and young children most at risk as swine flu cases hit 100,000

Under fives three times more likely to need hospital

Warning that schools may not reopen in autumn

Under-fives and pregnant women are emerging as key swine flu risk groups, according to hospital figures and the age profiles of those who have already died.

 

 
 
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BoSon said:

At the moment I'd guess that daily 'with covid' deaths are being outnumbered by suicides but the government or media won't acknowledge that.

Too focused on zero covid that is unachievable unless go total China syndrome on government control that would make North Korea look like a free country.

This was on al beeba the other day.

Quote

According to Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY), an average of about 12 people aged under 35 die suddenly from a previously undiagnosed heart condition each week in the UK.

Research has shown that 80% of these deaths occur with no prior symptoms.

Andy's family are determined to prevent others from suffering a similar heartache after hearing how cardiac screening can help detect heart abnormalities.

Typically, one in 300 young people tested by CRY will be identified as having a potentially life-threatening condition.

TEST! TEST! TEST! TEST! TEST!

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

When we had the swine flu in 2009 the higher risk groups included children and pregnant women.

 
 

Indeed, child in local primary school died.

  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...