• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Reunion Island & France

Just seen some photos posted by someone I follow of the new motorway being built on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean East of Madagascar.

Reunion1.jpg.ef7b79e7b0800dc29a8e595c0006569a.jpg

This piqued my curiosity once again and I have found out that it is probably the most expensive motorway per metre ever built in the world and it is on a circular shaped island that is only 25 miles in diameter or roughly the size of greater manchester. This 7 mile stretch has cost 1.7 Billion Euros to build.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10755838/Frances-most-expensive-road-Paris-pays-1.7-billion-for-Reunion-highway.html

Why is france so interested in spending so much money on a tiny island off one of the poorest parts of the world (Madagascar) in the middle of the vast nothingness of the Indian Ocean.

Is Reunion the future bolt-hole for the European Elite after they have sucked Europe dry and it turns in on itself.

Edited by Chewing Grass

11 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Is Reunion the future bolt-hole for the European Elite after they have sucked Europe dry and it turns in on itself.

I doubt it, all the French colonies are full of doleys and ROPers

17 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just seen some photos posted by someone I follow of the new motorway being built on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean East of Madagascar.

Reunion1.jpg.ef7b79e7b0800dc29a8e595c0006569a.jpg

This piqued my curiosity once again and I have found out that it is probably the most expensive motorway per metre ever built in the world and it is on a circular shaped island that is only 25 miles in diameter or roughly the size of greater manchester. This 7 mile stretch has cost 1.7 Billion Euros to build.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10755838/Frances-most-expensive-road-Paris-pays-1.7-billion-for-Reunion-highway.html

Why is france so interested in spending so much money on a tiny island off one of the poorest parts of the world (Madagascar) in the middle of the vast nothingness of the Indian Ocean.

Flee?? More likely they'll deport undesirables like you and I, much like Hitler wanted to send the Jews to Madagascar!

It is considered part of France as if it was on the mainland. I was looking into this a few months ago when I was - bored - researching some islands around the world after watching a film starring Spencer Tracy and Frank Sinatra.

I also looked into their tourism and considered which one was the nicest to live in. If you look at the below image you can see a nice stepping stone of islands representing runways all the way to the South Pole - so the French have a claim on Antartica.

1199px-EU_OCT_and_OMR_map_en.png