DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Blythe Gigafactory

spygirl
dgul

One of the funniest things I heard on the radio over the last few weeks was a PM on radio 4 where the tech reporter was going on about this gigafactory.  At the end Evan Davies said something along the lines of 'one thing I've been dying to ask -- why  exactly is it called a gigafactory?'  The tech reporter's twaddle-monged reply reminded me of this:

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1
One percent
4 minutes ago, dgul said:

One of the funniest things I heard on the radio over the last few weeks was a PM on radio 4 where the tech reporter was going on about this gigafactory.  At the end Evan Davies said something along the lines of 'one thing I've been dying to ask -- why  exactly is it called a gigafactory?'  The tech reporter's twaddle-monged reply reminded me of this:

Go on, I’ll bite. What’s one of these then? 

Chewing Grass

doh, cos' its bigger than a Mega Factory, even then a Tera Factory would be so much better.

• Lol 1
One percent
Just now, Chewing Grass said:

doh, cos' its bigger than a Mega Factory, even then a Tera Factory would be so much better.

Oh, so it’s not a factory making gigas then?  

dgul
9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

That was pretty much the response.  Everything is giga these days, gigabytes, uh, giga.

leonardratso

lexx existed in the gigaverse did it not? with stanely tweedle (boris johnson) at the controls and zev(carrie) running the show. 

• Agree 1
spygirl
11 hours ago, One percent said:

Go on, I’ll bite. What’s one of these then? 

Coz Cokey Elon named it.

But thats my point.

Gigafactory are a Tesla thang.

And you cant just built a building - with public money - which seems to be what they are angling at. And suddenly expect a LiON factory to suddenly appear.

Teslas factories, which are v good, came about due to Teslas demand for LION batteries being ~1000x(? more) what a laptop needs.

This sounds like a joint venture between some crooks and properdee developers.

• Informative 1
eek

You can see the logic 

Electric cars need batteries - where the batteries are built the car building will follow (mainly because you don't want to ship li-ion batteries around unless surrounded by a large metal package that protects the dangerous batteries).

But as you say where is the expertise to build those batteries in the partnership building the factory?

Edited by eek
  • Agree 1
spunko

Looks like another government money extraction scheme. , the solar farms have evolved into this. Strike while the iron is hot etc!

• Agree 1