DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Boomers like lockdown so it's here to stay

fishman
16 minutes ago, Stuey said:

How good is it for them? They get to lounge in their large gardens and get the plebs to deliver stuff to them.

Boomers are fat and more at risk. Don't you dare be thin near me.

Plebs see that houses in the country are more comfortable from which to work. We've seen high hpi in boomer locations.

Shut pubs. We hate that rowdy lot walking past at 11pm from half a mile away. Close that shit at 8.

Boomers are a majority in parliament.

I'm becoming angrier by the day and posts like this don't help. There isn't enough rope available to right the wrongs of 'covid 19' 

• Agree 5
JoeDavola

The people I hear complaining the least about the lockdown are actually my peers, a bunch of 30-somethings.

At the anti-covid Agenda 21 ect....protest that I walked past in the park, none of the protesters were younger than 50.

It still seems to me that across most age groups people aren't that bothered about the lockdown and the gov could let it run for another year easy without much argument, as long as they keep the furlough money coming.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2
Chewing Grass
10 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

The people I hear complaining the least about the lockdown are actually my peers, a bunch of 30-somethings.

At the anti-covid Agenda 21 ect....protest that I walked past in the park, none of the protesters were younger than 50.

It still seems to me that across most age groups people aren't that bothered about the lockdown and the gov could let it run for another year easy without much argument, as long as they keep the furlough money coming.

The education system changed in the mid 1980s, before that teachers had more freedom and less scrutiny. I remember the O-Level History teacher would spend half the lesson talking about anything the kids wanted to and telling them to think and work stuff out for themselves and why history was important. Same for the A-Level Geography teacher who also taught us Canasta.

When Pink Floyd brought out the Brick-in-the-Wall album we had a special assembly where the head teacher implored to us how important education and teachers were as I think he was actually worried we would burn the place down.

Then it changed, literally in a year with the kids born in 1967 being entirely different to those born between 1962 & 1966, there must be a reason for it but the rebelliousness was gone and control was re-established.

It was really noticeable at the time.

• Informative 6
MrPin
17 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Interesting observation Joe. The lady up the road was most pissed off that her grandson couldn't visit for Christmas.

• Agree 1
Yadda yadda yadda

Boomers like holidays, restaurants and grandkids. All of that is curtailed by lockdown. Those boomers that still work like working from home, if they have office jobs. They want to do that and holidays, restaurants and seeing their families. Some want to go to galleries, theatre, concerts and sports events before they're too old. I expect a lot now want to retire and they're probably those most in favour of lockdown as they're saving hand over fist at the moment.

Gardens are only good for sitting in if the weather is good. Less than half the year in this country.

Boomers fully expect the country to open up once the vaccination programme is complete.

• Agree 3
crashmonitor

Wife's watching a documentary at the moment about a family in lockdown on  a  Yorkshire farm on top of some lonely moors.  Farm looks about 5 miles from the nearest house and the farmer says he's not seen an outsider for several weeks.

And then the narrator says without any irony..." It's tough for the family having the children's exercise ( they've got 9 btw) limited to one hour a day."

What the fuck..how the hell are they going to spread Covid out there. Are they expecting drones. Something to do with this cunt's edict last year no doubt...

220px-Official_portrait_of_Rt_Hon_Michael_Gove_MP_crop_2.jpg.bacd3d972f8d3d15659f0af1ab315d46.jpg

The one hour rule was something I absolutely ignored. Obvs some people like rules even when they make no sense.

Edited by crashmonitor
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
Harley
14 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

What the fuck..how the hell are they going to spread Covid out there. Are they expecting drones. Something to do with this cunt's edict last year no doubt...

220px-Official_portrait_of_Rt_Hon_Michael_Gove_MP_crop_2.jpg.bacd3d972f8d3d15659f0af1ab315d46.jpg

Maybe Stuey is Gove and trying to get us off his scent.  Would explain the crass demonisation.

Edited by Harley
Cosmic Apple
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm not a boomer and I don't care about lockdown, as I'm largely ignoring it. GF is too, still taking our little one to see grandparents, been to stay with family etc. Friends still coming around (some with more caution than others, some for example taking tests as the gov have them shit scared they'll give it to our 8month old). Can't really do most of the bollocks that's closed anyway for a few years :)

• Agree 6
sarahbell
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

My friend who's had cancer doesn't fancy risking getting covid. Mainly cos her partner will die if he gets it.

Most others seem a bit more relaxed

• Agree 1
Democorruptcy
14 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

My friend who's had cancer doesn't fancy risking getting covid. Mainly cos her partner will die if he gets it.

Is cancer contagious?

eight
15 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Is there anybody for who it's a definite death sentence? A lot of pretty sick people will have recovered.

• Agree 1
sarahbell
Just now, Democorruptcy said:

Is cancer contagious?

No. But covid is. He has underlying health conditions. 

People generally don't want to die.

• Informative 1
Ash4781b

I was out today at. diy store , supermarket and garden centre and lots of older generation in total disregard to social distancing and barging through. Ok I move between but generally made me feel if they don’t care well fuck em. This looks to be a rapid breaking down in the rules. Maybe everyone is pissed off now I don’t know.

• Agree 1
SpectrumFX

The boomers will kick off soon about not being able to go abroad.

When they do Boris will fold immediately. He's the ultimate "man behind the curtain", faking his way from crisis to crisis.

• Agree 5
fishman
3 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

The boomers will kick off soon about not being able to go abroad.

When they do Boris will fold immediately. He's the ultimate "man behind the curtain", faking his way from crisis to crisis.

But they can't ease lockdown until everyone is vaxed because vaccine only has approval to be used in an emergency. It's all about the vax - nothing else.

• Agree 3
Roger_Mellie
4 hours ago, Stuey said:

How good is it for them? They get to lounge in their large gardens and get the plebs to deliver stuff to them.

Plebs see that houses in the country are more comfortable from which to work. We've seen high hpi in boomer locations.

Shut pubs. We hate that rowdy lot walking past at 11pm from half a mile away. Close that shit at 8.

Boomers are a majority in parliament.

I'm out on the moors a lot, and it's astonishing how many tiny villages there are with massive houses. I can't help commenting any time we walk past them 'who the fuck lives in these places and what do they do?' I can't fathom where the money comes from. 

We're were out today, started in Danby. Some amazing houses there. But who the fuck lives there? 

• Agree 2
sleepwello'nights
4 hours ago, Stuey said:

Ah so its my fault is it?

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Are you a fat or a thin Boomer?

• Lol 1
sleepwello'nights
6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Are you a fat or a thin Boomer?

Well I'm slightly heavier than I was 50 years ago and some of my clothes have shrunk, but no I am not fat. 

To be frank though most of the current crop of government ministers are not boomers. So I reckon its Generation X that is to blame :P

• Agree 1
SpectrumFX
1 hour ago, fishman said:

But they can't ease lockdown until everyone is vaxed because vaccine only has approval to be used in an emergency. It's all about the vax - nothing else.

The boomers are near enough all vaccinated. They may have been keen enough for everybody to sit in their houses when they thought that they themselves were at risk, but now they've had the vaccine they'll be chomping at the bit to lift the restrictions.

• Agree 3
SpectrumFX
27 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Well I'm slightly heavier than I was 50 years ago and some of my clothes have shrunk, but no I am not fat. 

To be frank though most of the current crop of government ministers are not boomers. So I reckon its Generation X that is to blame :P

It's still pretty much the boomers as a demographic who are deciding elections. Soon it'll switch to the millennials.

Gen X are too small in number to ever be calling the shots. We're essentially a demographic neglected middle child.

xD

• Agree 3
Wahoo
1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Yer....because you're a big fat arsehole cunt  :D

The Generation Game
1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I'm out on the moors a lot, and it's astonishing how many tiny villages there are with massive houses. I can't help commenting any time we walk past them 'who the fuck lives in these places and what do they do?' I can't fathom where the money comes from. 

We're were out today, started in Danby. Some amazing houses there. But who the fuck lives there? 

The fuck off houses in the area I grew up in were:

- captains of industry

- Senior council workers 

- oil workers 

• Agree 1