• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
blobloblob

The rise of the outside lane hog

Middle lane hogs have been pissing me off for decades with their utter fuckwittery, but in the last couple of years I've been seeing more and more empy headed simpletons blissfully pottering up the motorway in outside lane, not overtaking anyone, and not noticing the queues building up behind them.

Whats' going on?

3 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I've stopped caring and just undertake the cunts nowadays. 

I think you can get 6pts and a 120 quid fine for this now if an undercover copper spies you.

Agree with your opinion of the aholes who hog lanes as they cruise at 60mph just past the wagons doing 55, whats the point?

Edited by Green Devil

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

As do I. However, it is you and I who are breaking the law, not the tool sitting in the outside lane. 

It is now an offence to lane hog although barely prosecuted. My philosophy is only break one driving law at a time. I usually drive in lane 1 at the speed limit. If I come across someone dawdling at 55 in lane 2 I'm not going to cross into lane 3 to overtake me back to lane 1. I've never been pulled over but if so that would be the start of my defence. 

Lanes aren't a problem where I live. Most roads have only two lanes. One for each direction! There are plenty of unsafe drivers around though who can't stick to the 60mph speed limit on single carriage roads and overtake in dodgy circumstances. Overall though driving is pleasant where I live.

When I occasionally drive on motorways I'm happy to drive in the far left lane as much as possible and only move into the second lane to overtake vehicles travelling at less than 60mph.

I sympathise with posters who have to drive on congested roads and put up with the consequences of unadequate road provision in relation to traffic levels. 

People have always done this for as long as I can remember,  I've not particularly noticed it getting worse but perhaps in some areas.

As a bit of a generalisation Merc drivers and French car drivers seem to be the worst culprits for driving along like this oblivious to (or arrogantly disinterested in)  what's going on around them.

I usually try to give them a chance before going up the inside.  If I can I will use lane 1 to leave a full clear lane between myself and the daydreamer.  

19 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

It is now an offence to lane hog although barely prosecuted. My philosophy is only break one driving law at a time. I usually drive in lane 1 at the speed limit. If I come across someone dawdling at 55 in lane 2 I'm not going to cross into lane 3 to overtake me back to lane 1. I've never been pulled over but if so that would be the start of my defence. 

You really  should be able to get behind these fuckers in lane 2 or 3 and flash them so they pull over. It boils my piss too but I confess to being a bit nervous of the consequences of flashing. Perhaps I should show 'em my tits instead. 

Edited by Battenberg

I spent pretty mcuh every Friday and Sunday evening driving on the M5 for six years; usually it was quiet.

I would routinely undertake people; nobody was dawdling in the outside land but middle lane - absolutely.  I would just cruise by in the slow lane, probably because of my US driving experience.  I wasn't bothered by them at all.

5 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

You really  should be able to get behind these fuckers in lane 2 or 3 and flash them so they pull over. It boils my piss too but I confess to being a bit nervous of the consequences of flashing. Perhaps I should show 'em my tits instead. 

I do.  Not flashing the tits bit but flashing the lights bit. 

I spouse if you're upo their arse in a Honda jazz flashing, they might just chuckle, whose that tit in the jazz, but if you're in a big beamer, so close u can read the small print on the licence plate, flashing like crazy, they would take the hint.

Works for me!

3 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I've stopped caring and just undertake the cunts nowadays. 

As do I. Undertaking is legal in the case of slower moving traffic. It could be argued that someone doing 60 in the outside lane satisfies that criteria.

The vast majority of the people being "held up" may well be SJW / social media virtue signallers and they need to feel the full impact of "overcrowded britain" and the immigration policies that they tacitly endorsed!:Jumping: 

I comment regularly on local news websites when there are crash / motorway closures, pointing out that "the game is up" in the UK & that this is the future they wanted! :)

2003 was when people should have protested, they didn't, they thought "house prices are going up" "im gonna be alright jack" etc 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Those electronic signs on the motorway that say stuff like 'tiredness kills' should say 'stop hogging the lane you inconsiderate bastard' or 'put the mobile phone down before you ruin another family's life'. I think that gets a message across a little more effectively, besides that seems to be the only way to speak with people these days. 

19 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

Lanes aren't a problem where I live. Most roads have only two lanes. One for each direction! There are plenty of unsafe drivers around though who can't stick to the 60mph speed limit on single carriage roads and overtake in dodgy circumstances. Overall though driving is pleasant where I live.

When I occasionally drive on motorways I'm happy to drive in the far left lane as much as possible and only move into the second lane to overtake vehicles travelling at less than 60mph.

I sympathise with posters who have to drive on congested roads and put up with the consequences of unadequate road provision in relation to traffic levels. 

What are you doing in the picnic lane? Do you have a caravan? 

9 hours ago, Battenberg said:

Those electronic signs on the motorway that say stuff like 'tiredness kills' should say 'stop hogging the lane you inconsiderate bastard' or 'put the mobile phone down before you ruin another family's life'. I think that gets a message across a little more effectively, besides that seems to be the only way to speak with people these days. 

I don't feel quite so strongly..  but it might interst you to know that I've seen both those signs displayed on my various travels.

Perhaps TPTB aren't completely out of touch after all?