DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

NHS collapse?

tlc

When someone makes a call to the doc or the hospital, it's easy enough for them to check how often they've called in the last 10 years or so. If they're not in the habit of calling, then it's could well be serious.

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
13 minutes ago, jm51 said:

When someone makes a call to the doc or the hospital, it's easy enough for them to check how often they've called in the last 10 years or so. If they're not in the habit of calling, then it's could well be serious.

This happened to Mrs Flight some years back.

She had some kind of turn that worried us both enough to call the quack.

They noticed that she hadn't called in the previous 15 years and she had an appointment an hour later.

To be fair I was quite impressed.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, jm51 said:

Totally agree.

Two or three years ago my 25+ year old son who’d went to a gp less than five times in his lifetime (including routine vaccinations) experienced sudden severe face pain and swollen face.

Phoned gp….no appointments available for a few days. I drove him to A&E and he was fobbed off.

Next day it was worse and he was very distressed. I advised him to phone gp and repeat to the receptionist what he told me. He got an appointment.

Luckily the gp who he saw recognised straight away that he had a serious infection in his face that required immediate antibiotic treatment. GP stressed that if it got worse he needed immediate evaluation because the face infection could travel to brain. Fortunately it settled down with the antibiotics.

I’ve encountered others over the years who are at gp regularly. On lots of pills “treating”  health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc…..plus continuous blood tests etc…..most of them drinkers, smokers, poor diet, fat, no exercise.

It’s really really bad when folk who don’t regularly attend gp get fobbed off when they urgently need attention.

• Agree 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58281665

Nearly 100 members of the Army have been brought in to help four ambulance trusts in England look after patients.

High demand and staffing shortages mean they are being used to work alongside NHS staff.

Published

20 August

Now in Scotland

FM

considering seeking “targeted military assistance” to ease pressure on Scottish Ambulance Service

• Informative 1

One percent
11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Granddaughter age 2, not well yesterday, temperature & listless, sent home from Nursery, doctors  surgery won't see unless Covid Tested.

Took 15 miles to Covid test centre Thursday evening, test back first thing this morning, rings surgery told don't come in until we ring back. 2 hours later gets worse. Now asleep and when woken sort of limp and out of it, rings 111 and waits for 1 hour and they organise an ambulance which arrives very quick and takes her in with Dad. Half an hour later phone rings, doctors surgery to arrange phone consulatation, Mother goes apeshit with the cunts.

Dad has now been waiting in hospital 3 and a half hours and still not been seen by a doctor.

As grandparents we know this is a chest infection as she has been snotty for a couple of weeks and is producing proper green stuff. If the bone idle useless GPs had written a prescription for antibiotics, coupled with Calpol or whatever they give kids these days all this would have been a non-event and she would be getting better already.

The NHS is fucked and GPs are half of the problem.

Oh ffs, how much is this shit storm costing us?  I do hope she makes a quick recovery. 

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Oh ffs, how much is this shit storm costing us?  I do hope she makes a quick recovery. 

Mrs Chewy has just been rung up and has gone to collect them, probably with a prescription for antibiotics and NHS Calpol.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Mrs Chewy has just been rung up and has gone to collect them, probably with a prescription for antibiotics and NHS Calpol.

Should have been easily sorted with an appointment on the day of concern with gp for discussion about antibiotic treatment after parental common sense administration of calpol.

I despair. The nhs isn’t any good these days….hasn’t been for many years, in my opinion.

I don’t blame the workers. I blame the management. 

Gps have disgusted me over the past 18+ months. Hiding and not seeing their patients….not seeing children disgusts me the most.

They, gps, are also the gatekeepers to referral for further investigations. They don’t give a shit about that either for younger or older folk with worrying symptoms.

My gp, seen him a few times over 30 years is retiring soon. Sold his local home for 400+k. New retirement home independently built in a nice village with sailing facilities. Aged around 55. His wife is head practice nurse….best person for the job! Hmmm…….

I’m old enough to remember home visits from gp who knew the family. These days it’s an on call gp who is likely to be on enhanced rates.

I have no trust or reliance on nhs these days. Long term sober but last year I stashed two 1 litre bottles of whisky just in case I have to relieve any unbearable pain and the nhs ain’t going to help.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

20 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

They, gps, are also the gatekeepers to referral for further investigations. They don’t give a shit about that either for younger or older folk with worrying symptoms.

They're also the gatekeepers to antibiotics.

Edited by eight
  • Agree 4

I have recently gone private . Ironically I got an NHS hospital appointment the week before. I went to both and the private one was better.

Both myself and hubby have also had recent private dental treatment. 
I have been waiting over a week for prescription for my blood pressure tablets and have now run out. My fault I thought I had packets in the bathroom cupboard.Told hubby to watch for FAST or cardiac arrest. 

When this malarkey started I thought I would be on the VIP list. 

8 minutes ago, eight said:

They're also the gatekeepers to antibiotics.

Yes!

We’ve heard reports for years that antibiotics are becoming less efficient.

It’s a failure in nhs, in my opinion, that a lot of gps prescribed antibiotics when unnecessary. Debatable but I think many of them have done that. They always want rid of folk. Same if someone is “depressed”….print out a prescription for an antidepressant. I think antidepressants are useless for many and also 6 sessions of cognitive behaviour “therapy” isn’t much use either. Lack of honesty overall about the human existential experience?

Antibiotics are life saving if used wisely! Should have had the guts to say to many folk over the years …..no…there is no evidence of bacterial infection….antibiotics aren’t appropriate in you/your child’s current health problem. Go home, rest and eat home cooked nutritional food and you’ll get over it.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

What about all the fall out from the jabs?

Yes. Plus all the fall out from undiagnosed or untreated/under treated health conditions.

I think going forward in time there will a spike in deaths due to the useless covid focused nhs ignoring and sidelining other health concerns for many. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Granddaughter age 2, not well yesterday, temperature & listless, sent home from Nursery, doctors  surgery won't see unless Covid Tested.

Took 15 miles to Covid test centre Thursday evening, test back first thing this morning, rings surgery told don't come in until we ring back. 2 hours later gets worse. Now asleep and when woken sort of limp and out of it, rings 111 and waits for 1 hour and they organise an ambulance which arrives very quick and takes her in with Dad. Half an hour later phone rings, doctors surgery to arrange phone consulatation, Mother goes apeshit with the cunts.

Dad has now been waiting in hospital 3 and a half hours and still not been seen by a doctor.

As grandparents we know this is a chest infection as she has been snotty for a couple of weeks and is producing proper green stuff. If the bone idle useless GPs had written a prescription for antibiotics, coupled with Calpol or whatever they give kids these days all this would have been a non-event and she would be getting better already.

Similar with my little one last week.  Had Croup but was struggling to breathe so ended up waiting hours in hospital twice for a dose of steroids.  Luckily didn't need a Covid test.  Could easily have been dealt with by a regular Drs appointment each time but can't get anywhere near one.

Hope your grand daughter is ok.

Edited by ILikeCake
  • Agree 1

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

Similar with my little one last week.  Had Croup but was struggling to breathe so ended up waiting hours in hospital twice for a dose of steroids.  Luckily didn't need a Covid test.  Could easily have been dealt with by a regular Drs appointment each time but can't get anywhere near one.

Hope your grand daughter is ok.

Yep, back at home, diagnosed as a virus rather than chest infection, complete waste of hospital time thanks to useless General Practice and their over-paid Doctors.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Talking Monkey
1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

Should have been easily sorted with an appointment on the day of concern with gp for discussion about antibiotic treatment after parental common sense administration of calpol.

I despair. The nhs isn’t any good these days….hasn’t been for many years, in my opinion.

I don’t blame the workers. I blame the management. 

Gps have disgusted me over the past 18+ months. Hiding and not seeing their patients….not seeing children disgusts me the most.

My gp, seen him a few times over 30 years is retiring soon. Sold his local home for 400+k. New retirement home independently built in a nice village with sailing facilities. Aged around 55. His wife is head practice nurse….best person for the job! Hmmm…….

I’m old enough to remember home visits from gp who knew the family. These days it’s an on call gp who is likely to be on enhanced rates.

I have no trust or reliance on nhs these days. Long term sober but last year I stashed two 1 litre bottles of whisky just in case I have to relieve any unbearable pain and the nhs ain’t going to help.

GP mostly have been shown to be absolute scum. The quicker tech gets rid of them the better. I've very little respect for the NHS left, I doubt it can be salvaged. A large number of employees have captured the system and most no longer see much need to do anything, they feel entitled to their salaries and adulation. Decades of fawning over the NHS by the public has turned a lot of them into arrogant tossers mainly the admin staff. 

• Agree 6

4 hours ago, Van Lady said:

You can do better than whisky by making edibles. I make cannabutter and keep it in the freezer. You'll need to road test it to ascertain what dosage works for you as an all day/half day buzz. Then, if there's pain that makes the whisky tempting, take double the amount for an all day buzz. If you do take too much, the worst that will happen physically is that you're conked out for 3 days.

• Agree 1

On 14/09/2021 at 22:23, jm51 said:

My very recent personal experience confirms this. Going through a bit of a "health scare" at the moment, and haven't bothered my GP for anything in the last 20 years, apart from getting a prescription for a very badly infected hand wound around 2003 and a couple of repeat inhaler prescriptions. The latter I buy myself privately online now, seeing as the admin staff at the surgery are forever finding ways to be more awkward and getting you to jump through ever more hoops. Fuck 'em.

Anyway, I managed to get a referral appointment (face to face!) two days after filling out one of those online consultation forms. My other half mentioned this to a couple of people she knew and they were absolutely aghast and incredulous. I don't know them too well but I suspect they're total hypochondriacs and all-round ninnies who bother the GP once every couple of months or so.

Nothing terminal, in case anyone is worried. But as the GP said, it does need sorting sooner rather than later and I'm looking at a good 6 week's convalescence. I'm under no illusion that I'm looking at a good 7 months+ on the waiting list though.

Credit where credit is due. My stance on the NH-SS remains the same though - I'd be happy to see it collapse tomorrow. It looks like being the only chance we have of getting a modern, efficient system of health care in this country which will stand up well in comparison to any other western European nation.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

On 16/09/2021 at 20:14, Chewing Grass said:

never forget, the GPs were the first to abandon their posts. (closely followed by teachers)

• Agree 9

Have people not noticed that the NHS has already been privatised?

If I need hospital treatment I need to be referred by a GP. I can wait weeks for that, or I can pay £50 and see one tomorrow.

Equally if I need medicine I can do an instant online consult and get them delivered tomorrow.

More and more GPs will realise that private is a much easier life. There will be an absolute dearth of NHS GPs in a very short while.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Have people not noticed that the NHS has already been privatised?

If I need hospital treatment I need to be referred by a GP. I can wait weeks for that, or I can pay £50 and see one tomorrow.

Equally if I need medicine I can do an instant online consult and get them delivered tomorrow.

More and more GPs will realise that private is a much easier life. There will be an absolute dearth of NHS GPs in a very short while.

Mother is having a cataract done tomorrow on the NHS in a Private Hospital, presumably devoid of obese nurses.

I expect this sort of shenanigans is being repeated across all sorts of production line procedures.