DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

NHS collapse?

tlc

21 minutes ago, Volcanic said:

My dearly departed Grans answer to everything was whisky or Kaolin poultice.

My fathers was Cab Drivers Cough Linctus.

Mine is to throw money at it.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Mother is having a cataract done tomorrow on the NHS in a Private Hospital, presumably devoid of obese nurses.

I expect this sort of shenanigans is being repeated across all sorts of production line procedures.

I'm trying to see a private consultant about my hiatus hernia, but i've got to get a referral from my GP.

But after waiting 3 days, i missed the call, as obviously they dont meet people in person anymore.

So by trying to avoid the NHS i am still getting a headache from the NHS.

I just wish it would cease to exist.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I'm trying to see a private consultant about my hiatus hernia, but i've got to get a referral from my GP.

But after waiting 3 days, i missed the call, as obviously they dont meet people in person anymore.

So by trying to avoid the NHS i am still getting a headache from the NHS.

I just wish it would cease to exist.

Can you not go to a private GP?

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker but not very active on the forum.

I've had a surprisingly good experience from my local GP and hospital. In fact I can’t say enough good about my treatment so far.

50 years old and in pretty much perfect health up until 6 weeks ago. Then struck down with chronic diarrhea with blood and mucus. Going to the toilet every two hours, 24/7, I haven't slept properly for nearly 6 weeks now.

GP arranged multiple tests, involving testing kits picked up from the surgery and multiple blood tests. One face to face checkup and several telephone consultations. Rushed into hospital for a ‘flexible sigmoidoscopy’ (a camera up the you know where). Now drugged up to the eye balls with steroids and anti inflammatory medication and a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis.

Feel like crap, lots of pain and i’m shuffling down the street like a 75 year old to do my groceries. But at least the weather’s been nice in London the past couple of days so I’ve spent some time sitting in the park.

So not all bad on the GP and hospital front, at least not in North London.

• Informative 7

35 minutes ago, MarkLondon said:

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker but not very active on the forum.

I've had a surprisingly good experience from my local GP and hospital. In fact I can’t say enough good about my treatment so far.

50 years old and in pretty much perfect health up until 6 weeks ago. Then struck down with chronic diarrhea with blood and mucus. Going to the toilet every two hours, 24/7, I haven't slept properly for nearly 6 weeks now.

GP arranged multiple tests, involving testing kits picked up from the surgery and multiple blood tests. One face to face checkup and several telephone consultations. Rushed into hospital for a ‘flexible sigmoidoscopy’ (a camera up the you know where). Now drugged up to the eye balls with steroids and anti inflammatory medication and a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis.

Feel like crap, lots of pain and i’m shuffling down the street like a 75 year old to do my groceries. But at least the weather’s been nice in London the past couple of days so I’ve spent some time sitting in the park.

So not all bad on the GP and hospital front, at least not in North London.

have you been jabbed?  issues with digestion is one of the 'rare' side effects, including problems with the stomach lining.

I am sure MT can provide more info on other cases.

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

have you been jabbed?  issues with digestion is one of the 'rare' side effects, including problems with the stomach lining.

I am sure MT can provide more info on other cases.

Thankfully I haven’t been jabbed. If I had done I would be cursing the medical profession and would spend the rest of my life blaming myself for my current ill health.

And the whole mask thing is so ridiculous at the hospital. Nursing staff often pull it under the nose or spend their time constantly readjusting it.

The whole world has gone full blown retard.

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Can you not go to a private GP?

Thats absurd if ive got to pay someone i've never met before and has no records of me, to get referred to a private consultant. But absurd is what England's medical system is.

I just can't be bothered with any of it for now, its all too much hassle.

belfastchild
10 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Mother is having a cataract done tomorrow on the NHS in a Private Hospital, presumably devoid of obese nurses.

I had surgery in private hospital in Dublin during the summer.
I can confirm no obesity at all (noticeable in patients as well).
Nobody on their phones when you walk up to reception, nobody sitting talking to their mates, blood tests, ecg, other stuff done on a conveyor belt (not weeks apart with different appointments in different hospitals)
Of course at check in there was the 'how are you paying for this' meeting. ;-)

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1