DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

NHS collapse?

tlc

spygirl
5 hours ago, tlc said:

BBC just reported 4.7 million people are waiting for operations.

Most of the staff have been vaxxed.

We are seeing A&E's full of people with vaxx side effects.

MASSIVE backlog + vaxx sick staff + vaxx sick public = big fucking mess. :ph34r:

Do some rough figures.

Thats 4.7m waiting  in England. Population if say 60m.

Nit far off 1 in 10.

Hiw many people fill in their day with medical procedures ffs?

And I assume dome operations have gone ahead during covid.

• Agree 1

Mirror Mirror
5 hours ago, tlc said:

BBC just reported 4.7 million people are waiting for operations.

Most of the staff have been vaxxed.

We are seeing A&E's full of people with vaxx side effects.

MASSIVE backlog + vaxx sick staff + vaxx sick public = big fucking mess. :ph34r:

Oh for goodness sake, pull yourself together.

Its nothing a good “lockdown” won’t sort out. ;)

5 hours ago, Dogtania said:

I was thinking about this earlier and cynically whether this would be turned round, come winter, as a crucial reason why everyone needs stabbing.

I know it doesn't add up, just worrying personally, and seeing all the pernicious ways the strategem can be played to get 'jabs in arms'

I think there's too much worry here but ... asking for a freind  .... does anyone have a freind who had success with an orange?

sarahbell
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Do some rough figures.

Thats 4.7m waiting  in England. Population if say 60m.

Nit far off 1 in 10.

Hiw many people fill in their day with medical procedures ffs?

And I assume dome operations have gone ahead during covid.

How many sex change operations?

• Agree 1

OurDayWillCome
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Jaw Correction | MatrixORTHOGNATHIC™ | J&J Medical Devices

I had my jaw wired for five weeks - a liquid diet is not much fun. What’s the red bracket at the bottom? Is that for a, ‘Jimmy Hill’ chin?

Edited by OurDayWillCome
  • Lol 3

Jazztraveller
8 minutes ago, TheNickos said:

The NHS is shite. No longer fit for purpose.

Mirroring the UK itself then..

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

OurDayWillCome

Give it a month or two and our hero nurses and doctors will be working really hard to get that backlog cleared in no time.

😂

• Lol 2

montecristo
6 hours ago, Stuey said:

What NHS? 

It's the thing you pay for so that the ones that don't pay for it get to use it.

• Agree 7

wherebee
4 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I had my jaw wired for five weeks - a liquid diet is not much fun. What’s the red bracket at the bottom? Is that for a, ‘Jimmy Hill’ chin?

@JoeDavolagood call, Joe.  I'd question that doctors understanding of the hippocratic oath.  Doing any medical procedure has risk, and that one has clearly defined dangers which outweigh the benefit.

• Agree 1

Carl Fimble
13 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Regarding NHS availablity - at the end of 2018 I booked an appointment with an orthadontist, was just gonna pay to get a couple of teeth made slightly straigher.

He said that the best thing for me to do was jaw surgery in addition to this, which could be done on the NHS. This is where your lower jaw is surgically broken and moved forward, then held in place by metal plates. You're on a liquid diet for 6 weeks IIRC.

After more research it turned out that had I went forward with there is a good chance the surgeon would have reccomended double jaw surgery, where they saw through your upper jaw as well and re-position it/ file it down.

Fuck. That.

There is a high percentage chance of permanent nerve damage and I've seen so many reports in the years since of people ending up in chronic pain from the surgery.

So I eventually decided not to get it done because of concerns about whether the NHS would give me as good a quality service on something like that as the private sector, but even more so....what if something goes wrong? In the NHS I had no faith that there would be any speedy aftercare or quick revision surgery. You could end up completley fucked up and nobody answering the phone to help.

And that was before fucking covid. Imagine trying to get help now if some surgeon has fucked your face up.

Jaw Correction | MatrixORTHOGNATHIC™ | J&J Medical Devices

Look how close the screws are to each other on each "joining plate", I'd have thought spacing them out more would mean way less chance of the bone splitting. I'm not a doctor, but surely that makes sense. 

Ash4781b
17 hours ago, eight said:

On that UK Column posted earlier, Brian Gerrish claims to have been told by NHS staff that people hospitalised by the vaccine are passed off as covid cases to keep relatives out of the loop. 

Well I got a communication that they had temporarily halted the first dose programme to secure supplies for the second doses. Not sure if they are pausing the programme? 

• Informative 1

ad_ceng
On 15/04/2021 at 16:28, Carl Fimble said:

I used to love the NHS, not any more though, not after what they've taken part in over the last year. 

It has always been shit, to be fair time for it to end 

• Agree 7
  • Cheers 1

Roger_Mellie

It's totally broken. I've had a medical issue that has been a minor annoyance for a year, but it is annoying. Called the GP: need a telephone consultation first, 2 week wait. 

1. I'm not prepared to discuss anything on the phone, my view is I have a basic right to actually see a doctor. 

2. There is no way on Earth that GPs are so busy that I should have to wait 2 weeks for a 6 minute phone consultation

My wife had a phone consultation booked. The doctor called 15 minutes after the alloted time, by which time she was doing something else and missed the call. Straight to the back of the queue, wait another 2 weeks. 

Cunts. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie
  • Agree 10

Bkkandrew
On 16/04/2021 at 00:00, Hail the Tripod said:

They keep saying the vaccines are “100% effective” at preventing severe illness from COVID. 100%. Not even 99.9%. So if you have had the vaccine, it should be of absolutely zero concern to you whether someone else has had it or not. Unless, deep down you know the vaccine is nowhere near as effective as you are being continually told it is. And if you can’t rely on ‘The Science’ with regard to information about the vaccines...

I am inclined to believe them. 100% is a tough number to reach in certainty. But it is 100% certain that corpses cannot contract a virus of any type.

• Cheers 1

Bkkandrew
1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It's totally broken. I've had a medical issue that has been a minor annoyance for a year, but it is annoying. Called the GP: need a telephone consultation first, 2 week wait. 

1. I'm not prepared to discuss anything on the phone, my view is I have a basic right to actually see a doctor. 

2. There is no way on Earth that GPs are so busy that I should have to wait 2 weeks for a 6 minute phone consultation

My wife had a phone consultation booked. The doctor called 15 minutes after the alloted time, by which time she was doing something else and missed the call. Straight to the back of the queue, wait another 2 weeks. 

Cunts. 

Yes, but she is the wrong type of patient. I am the poster child for my doctor that I have been registered with for 25 years and not spoken or seen him once during that period.

I did call reception a year or so ago to check I was still registered. Affirmative. 

Edited by Bkkandrew
sp
  • Lol 1

Caravan Monster

Could the extreme far left leftie conspiracy theorists that go on about the evil tories wanting to privatise 'our' nhs be right this time? The Johnson regime appears to be pushing the envelope on evil and incompetence (difficult to tell which) and does seem to be taking orders from above. It's not inconceivable that they are intentionally fixing the direction of travel on putting the sickly leviathan out of it's misery. Is there much of an incentive to push the UK toward the insurance based care model? The current system seems quite finely tuned for opportunities for the well connected to loot without the bother of any of that troublesome free market competition.

• Agree 3

A "free" health service, (cough taxes cough) is bound to fail when there are more taking out than putting in.

Boob jobs other than cancer related should never have been free.

Transgender ops should never be free unless a person is born with both organs.

Miss an apointment without giving reasonable notice should be a £50 fine. 2 more strikes and you are on your own from there on.

No taking the entire fucking family to sit with you in the A&E waiting room.

No speaky Inglish? You pay for a translater yourself.

• Agree 9
  • Cheers 1

JoeDavola
On 15/04/2021 at 22:29, OurDayWillCome said:

Yes it’s to increase chin projection - the term is genioplasty. I’ve seen examples of women having it done where I thought they looked worse after - more masculine or something.

• Informative 1

On 15/04/2021 at 18:37, JoeDavola said:

Regarding NHS availablity - at the end of 2018 I booked an appointment with an orthadontist, was just gonna pay to get a couple of teeth made slightly straigher.

We took our daughter to an orthodontist back in 2017 who confirmed she had a crowded mouth and would qualify for free braces on the NHS. She was too young so we had to wait.

She was ready for NHS braces last year but of course no chance of an appointment. When eventually the orthodontist did reopen we were told she would be waiting years due to the backlog.

The waiting had caused her teeth to become very very crooked. We decided to go private. She's having them fitted soon @£4.5K.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Cunts. 

The NHS is there to benefit its members - GPs, nurses and other useless vermin

• Agree 5

Wight Flight
6 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

Yes, but she is the wrong type of patient. I am the poster child for my doctor that I have been registered with for 25 years and not spoken or seen him once during that period.

I did call reception a year or so ago to check I was still registered. Affirmative. 

I can top that. When i had to sign on with my local GP I had to go and see him. He was newly qualified and I was one of his first patients.

The next time I heard from the surgery was to let me know he had retired.

• Lol 6

Rare Bear
27 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The NHS is there to benefit its members - GPs, nurses and other useless vermin

Just like any large organisation that has been around for a couple or three generations. Run purely for the benefit of the employees.

• Agree 7

On 16/04/2021 at 08:02, Carl Fimble said:

Look how close the screws are to each other on each "joining plate", I'd have thought spacing them out more would mean way less chance of the bone splitting. I'm not a doctor, but surely that makes sense. 

Yep, works on masonry!

PS: To any dentists out there, this is not medical advice. 

Edited by Harley