Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

NHS collapse?


tlc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bus Stop Boxer
5 hours ago, dgul said:

Perhaps we've paid them so much they can afford to semi-retire.

Or maybe they'll just move to private healthcare and the NHS will end up paying more for them to do it.

 

My GP opened up a private botox treatment place. All on Gordon Brown.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Generation Game
1 hour ago, Panther said:

...or marry into the Hapsburgs

Picture+157.jpg

Charles II of Spain apparently.

I wasn't aware that the Hapsburgs were still having portraits done in the post-Joey Deacon era. 

Edited by The Generation Game
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bus Stop Boxer
On 17/04/2021 at 11:20, tlc said:

I've found a pay as you go. £50 for 15 minutes.

Cheaper than the vets yesterday!

Result.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Cheaper than the vets yesterday!

Result.

Have you resorted to taking your Dad to the vets?

  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

This is why there's a list of operations the NHS aren't going to be doing  Sat 30 Jun 2018 08.43 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/29/nhs-wields-the-axe-on-17-unnecessary-procedures

17 treatments NHS England may axe

Four procedures will only be offered at the request of a patient: (WTF? Do patients over rule medical advice?)

  • Snoring surgery
  • Dilation and curettage for heavy menstrual bleeding
  • Knee arthroscopies for osteoarthritis
  • Injections for non-specific back pain

A further 13 treatments will only be offered when certain conditions are met:

  • Breast reduction
  • Removal of benign skin lesions
  • Grommets for glue ear
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Haemorrhoid surgery
  • Hysterectomy for heavy menstrual bleeding
  • Removal of lesions on eyelids
  • Removal of bone spurs for shoulder pain
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome release
  • Dupuytren’s contracture release
  • Excision of small, non cancerous lumps on the wrist called ganglia
  • Trigger finger release
  • Varicose vein surgery
  • Snoring surgery
    I assume they actually mean septoplastys. Which are actually designed to help you breathe more easily but have almost zero affect on snoring.

People need to man up, SAS selection optional:

HACKED OFF

Sir Ranulph Fiennes sawed off his own fingers after becoming ‘irritable’ from frostbite pain

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5154892/sir-ranulph-fiennes-sawed-off-his-own-fingers-after-becoming-irritable-from-frostbite-pain/

 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
2 hours ago, Panther said:

...or marry into the Hapsburgs

Picture+157.jpg

Charles II of Spain apparently.

Imagine having that rule over you as a divinely appointed intermediary with God.

  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightly Toasted
12 minutes ago, Harley said:

People need to man up, SAS selection optional:

HACKED OFF

Sir Ranulph Fiennes sawed off his own fingers after becoming ‘irritable’ from frostbite pain

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5154892/sir-ranulph-fiennes-sawed-off-his-own-fingers-after-becoming-irritable-from-frostbite-pain/

 

So ... "My wife made me do it."

I'd understand it better if he performed it as an emergency procedure while in the wilderness somewhere.

Particularly if they were running short of provisions -_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

So ... "My wife made me do it."

I'd understand it better if he performed it as an emergency procedure while in the wilderness somewhere.

Particularly if they were running short of provisions -_-

You wouldn't be at all surprised if you met him!  I have a toe I'm thinking of doing similar to since the doc just said "Oh dear"!

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness
1 hour ago, Harley said:

You wouldn't be at all surprised if you met him!  I have a toe I'm thinking of doing similar to since the doc just said "Oh dear"!

My ex was like a Victorian quack, curing many a minor ailment with a Dremel or an angle grinder and then sealing the wound with superglue.  He's not dead yet, even after having the AZ vaccine.

  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JoeDavola
3 hours ago, Inigo said:

A (female) friend of my wife had it done.  Not quite sure why, but she was unhappy with her overbite.  Full recovery, now has a Hollywood smile, but there's something disconcerting about her face.  Her mum commented that she no longer looks like her daughter.

Yes this is one of the potential downsides, that one looks in the mirror after and goes "well I hated the way I looked but at least when I looked in the mirror I saw me - I don't know who this cunt is...." - which could take some time to get over.

I think also there is something odd about a smile looking 'perfect'. It's subconsiously picked up as odd, especially if one has prominent teeth. I can think of two specific examples; a bloke I went to school with and a wee girl my mum used to mind who I've known since she was born and is about 20 now - who both had braces and the result just looks odd like they have false teeth or something, because the teeth are all completely uniform.

And whilst a weak chin is a no-no for a bloke, I've seen women go through the jaw surgery and I actually preferred how the looked beforehand - they ended up with a bit too much of a man-jaw.

So it might look amazing, or you might look like one of those people who've had plastic surgery on their face where something looks 'off' but you're not sure what.

If done well however, the difference should be subtle but significant:

Before & After Photos | Los Angeles, CA | Jaw Surgery LA

Before & After Photos | Los Angeles, CA | Jaw Surgery LA

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness
9 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes this is one of the potential downsides, that one looks in the mirror after and goes "well I hated the way I looked but at least when I looked in the mirror I saw me - I don't know who this cunt is...." - which could take some time to get over.

I think also there is something odd about a smile looking 'perfect'. It's subconsiously picked up as odd, especially if one has prominent teeth. I can think of two specific examples; a bloke I went to school with and a wee girl my mum used to mind who I've known since she was born and is about 20 now - who both had braces and the result just looks odd like they have false teeth or something, because the teeth are all completely uniform.

And whilst a weak chin is a no-no for a bloke, I've seen women go through the jaw surgery and I actually preferred how the looked beforehand - they ended up with a bit too much of a man-jaw.

So it might look amazing, or you might look like one of those people who've had plastic surgery on their face where something looks 'off' but you're not sure what.

If done well however, the difference should be subtle but significant:

Before & After Photos | Los Angeles, CA | Jaw Surgery LA

Before & After Photos | Los Angeles, CA | Jaw Surgery LA

Is the perma-tan part of the procedure or because they can now bear to go out into the sunlight and show their faces to the world? ;)

  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes this is one of the potential downsides, that one looks in the mirror after and goes "well I hated the way I looked but at least when I looked in the mirror I saw me - I don't know who this cunt is...." - which could take some time to get over.

I think also there is something odd about a smile looking 'perfect'. It's subconsiously picked up as odd, especially if one has prominent teeth. I can think of two specific examples; a bloke I went to school with and a wee girl my mum used to mind who I've known since she was born and is about 20 now - who both had braces and the result just looks odd like they have false teeth or something, because the teeth are all completely uniform.

And whilst a weak chin is a no-no for a bloke, I've seen women go through the jaw surgery and I actually preferred how the looked beforehand - they ended up with a bit too much of a man-jaw.

So it might look amazing, or you might look like one of those people who've had plastic surgery on their face where something looks 'off' but you're not sure what.

If done well however, the difference should be subtle but significant:

Before & After Photos | Los Angeles, CA | Jaw Surgery LA

Before & After Photos | Los Angeles, CA | Jaw Surgery LA

Their kids will be in for a shock.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Myco said:

Interested to see how the childeren grow up, do they all end up aiming to also have the surgery to look like their parents? Is there any psychological trauma caused knowing your parent probably doesn't like how you look? (Would have hit me pretty hard when I was a teenager and worrying about my looks already) 

Depends if the parents divorce first:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223718/Chinese-man-sues-wife-ugly-court-AGREES--awarding-120-000.html

  • Jian Feng was confused after his wife gave birth to an 'incredibly ugly' baby
  • He accused her of cheating and she admitted to spending £62,000 on plastic surgery
  • He then claimed she got him to marry her under false pretenses

Don't cheat your future wife, @JoeDavola! But don't get a soyboy beard either! :)

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, apples said:

Depends if the parents divorce first:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223718/Chinese-man-sues-wife-ugly-court-AGREES--awarding-120-000.html

  • Jian Feng was confused after his wife gave birth to an 'incredibly ugly' baby
  • He accused her of cheating and she admitted to spending £62,000 on plastic surgery
  • He then claimed she got him to marry her under false pretenses

Don't cheat your future wife, @JoeDavola! But don't get a soyboy beard either! :)

i remember seeing this too, quite amusing

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Roger_Mellie
53 minutes ago, apples said:

Depends if the parents divorce first:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223718/Chinese-man-sues-wife-ugly-court-AGREES--awarding-120-000.html

  • Jian Feng was confused after his wife gave birth to an 'incredibly ugly' baby
  • He accused her of cheating and she admitted to spending £62,000 on plastic surgery
  • He then claimed she got him to marry her under false pretenses

Don't cheat your future wife, @JoeDavola! But don't get a soyboy beard either! :)

Got to love the Chinese. I know a Chinese lad who insisted that his fiancee show him all her academic certificates prior to the wedding to make sure she wasn't lying about her intelligence. 

I thought he was just a mentalist, but it turns out the Chinese just cannot be trusted. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rare Bear
On 28/04/2021 at 08:30, ccc said:

The lack of overall *extra" deaths the past year considering the NHS has been closed to most is quite startling. 

Yes of course many have died due to missed scans etc which is shocking - but this seems to have been balanced out by many who seem to have done better by avoiding their "treatments" altogether. ..:ph34r:

I posted here before about an aunt of mine who was an ex nurse. She was found dead at home. It turned out that she had died of a stomach cancer that had spread to her liver. I reckon that she recognised the symptoms and thought that death without treatment was the less unpleasant choice over prolonging her life with chemo, radiation or whatever.

  • Agree 5
  • Informative 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Rare Bear said:

I posted here before about an aunt of mine who was an ex nurse. She was found dead at home. It turned out that she had died of a stomach cancer that had spread to her liver. I reckon that she recognised the symptoms and thought that death without treatment was the less unpleasant choice over prolonging her life with chemo, radiation or whatever.

She would be correct.  My dad chose the other path with the same diagnosis as her and it was absolutely atrocious.  All it gave him was an extra nine months on the planet feeling like shit every day.  Sometimes medical intervention is not the answer.  Palliative chemo is a very flawed concept.

Edited by stop_the_craziness
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JoeDavola
21 hours ago, Rare Bear said:

I posted here before about an aunt of mine who was an ex nurse. She was found dead at home. It turned out that she had died of a stomach cancer that had spread to her liver. I reckon that she recognised the symptoms and thought that death without treatment was the less unpleasant choice over prolonging her life with chemo, radiation or whatever.

 

38 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

She would be correct.  My dad chose the other path with the same diagnosis as her and it was absolutely atrocious.  All it gave him was an extra nine months on the planet feeling like shit every day.  Sometimes medical intervention is not the answer.  Palliative chemo is a very flawed concept.

Worth a read - “How Doctors Die”:

http://www.dailygood.org/pdf/dg.php?sid=136

  • Agree 5
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness
16 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

 

Worth a read - “How Doctors Die”:

http://www.dailygood.org/pdf/dg.php?sid=136

Thank you, very interesting.  Especially the bit about hospice care.  My dad "chose" medical intervention because my mum wasn't prepared to accept that he was actually dying and nothing was going to stop that.

She still hasn't accepted it now, 16 years later and feels that more could be done.  Because I think it's the only way she can cope, which is sad.  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell

STAFF at the trust in charge of The Royal Oldham Hospital missed more days of work because of coronavirus last year than almost anywhere else in the country, figures reveal.

NHS Digital data shows the equivalent of 194,971 full-time staff days were lost due to sickness at Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust between March and December.

 

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/19278296.absence-rate-health-trust-runs-royal-oldham-soars/

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
37 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

STAFF at the trust in charge of The Royal Oldham Hospital missed more days of work because of coronavirus last year than almost anywhere else in the country, figures reveal.

NHS Digital data shows the equivalent of 194,971 full-time staff days were lost due to sickness at Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust between March and December.

 

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/19278296.absence-rate-health-trust-runs-royal-oldham-soars/

I've defended public sector sickness records in the past through direct experience.

However when there is an excuse, however weak, the public sector tends to leap upon it.

Covid is the perfect physical disease for taking loads of sickies because you have only needed to say that you had the symptoms or had been in contact with someone with them and Bingo! two weeks off.

No need to even visit a GP because they don't want to see you and will simply say: stay at home for two weeks.

 

  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
jamanda

Friend's sister's partner had been feeling unwell for a while and had a cough.  Ended up in A & E with dreadful back pain two weeks ago.

They discovered he had end stage cancer and he died last Friday.  

Had the NHS been functioning, he might still be with us.

 

  • Informative 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reck B
On 28/04/2021 at 12:36, Panther said:

...or marry into the Hapsburgs

Picture+157.jpg

Charles II of Spain apparently.

 

On 28/04/2021 at 14:27, The Generation Game said:

I wasn't aware that the Hapsburgs were still having portraits done in the post-Joey Deacon era. 

I met his great great grandson at a rave a couple of years ago.

image.jpeg.14e6f04289db6893ef2029510dc9d023.jpeg

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...