DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

It's time to open the f**k up

Chewing Grass

GPs surgerys are now run like NHS Dentistry and to be honest you would be better off talking to a doctor in some English speaking country like Thailand or India for 20 minutes over the internet.

You could even do your own blood pressure with an £8 Chinese monitor and cuff 'have a good health'.

• Agree 6
Harley

I spoke on the phone today.  I was very nice as usual and I detected an unsual warmth.  Like I was the first nice person for a while, or somethiing else.  Very different. 

The only let down was the very reason for calling.  Apparently they only call you if the doc thinks your test results are bad, else you have to call.  Now what happens if there's a cock up their end?  Valuable time lost until you decide to chase.  Or the worry while you wait for them not to call you.

All very NHS.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 3
OurDayWillCome
8 minutes ago, 201p said:

I bet this is happening up and down the country. I'd thought most surgery's staff have had both their vaccinations now, - it's time to open the F**k up.

It’s not just GP’s. Most councils have shut up shop. Do no work from home - that’s the public sector.

• Agree 3
Bus Stop Boxer
13 minutes ago, 201p said:

So the situation out in the rural sticks.

You want to speak to the doctor - the surgery don't answer the phone for days.

HOWEVER if you have the internet you can do an e-consult and get a reply in 48 hours.

What if you are elderly and don't have the internet? You are f**ked. The surgery are prioritising patients with internet but not those on the phone - which is precisely the wrong way round about trying to protect the most vulnerable! These are the people that aren't going to go up to London and protest - they are just going to suffer or even DIE quietly.

I bet this is happening up and down the country. I'd thought most surgery's staff have had both their vaccinations now, - it's time to open the F**k up.

Interesting. This econsult shite has hit everywhere at the same time.

Its gone down very very badly in my neck of the woods.

sarahbell
6 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

It’s not just GP’s. Most councils have shut up shop. Do no work from home - that’s the public sector.

Yeah Our council wanted us to wait till they were back in the office hahahaha

• Agree 1
Battenberg

I did econsult last week all because I’d like a blood test. Took me ages to go through the questions. It would have taken 2 minutes on the phone.

I’ve posted this previously but this was my surgery a few months back.

IMG_20201216_152744.thumb.jpg.4f63155629d088343afe451349b23a3a.jpg

• Informative 1
Mirror Mirror
9 minutes ago, concordian said:

Our GP has disappeared since corona.

If you call your constantly 50th in the queue and two weeks ago they announced on Facebook that they’ve taken the website down for repairs and it wont be back online for a month or two so you can’t book online or contact by phone either!?!?!

So your left with only 111 or 999!  It’s shocking really.

I can’t understand why it’s not been on the news.  Everyone is up in arms about it around here with people not being able to get repeat prescriptions, moms with babies being stuck in limbo, it’s mad!  

I feel bad for these people that need help because they’ve all been fucked over and one day it’ll be me that needs help so I hope corona is sorted before that happens

And yet if there’s the slightest hint that you have covid, or even if there’s no evidence at all that you might, or might have been somewhere where you could have picked up covid, or might have been in contact with someone who possibly had covid, heaven and earth is moved to make sure that you’re taken out of circulation.

And people can’t see that this situation is so very wrong.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 8
Libspero
6 hours ago, Battenberg said:

I did econsult last week all because I’d like a blood test. Took me ages to go through the questions. It would have taken 2 minutes on the phone.

I did the same,  exactly the experience you would expect from the NHS:

Call up,  get told appointments are 2 week wait,  or I can book online and get one in two days.

Tried to book online,  answered the questions,  it refused to book online and insisted I call the surgery immediately because it was urgent.   

Surgery told me “yes that happens quite a lot,  you’ll have to lie about the symptoms on the form until it lets you book”.  

Finally got promised a call back.  Wasn’t called back.  I called them..  told to wait another day..  got a message from the doctor telling me to drive to the surgery for the blood test appointment documents.

Called the blood test medical centre..  4 week wait.

All that and a six week wait,   just to get a blood test.   

Any third world country you could just walk in off the street and get one there and then O.o.

I now look forward to the next 6-week process of trying to find out the results. ¬¬

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2
Mr X
8 hours ago, 201p said:

So the situation out in the rural sticks.

You want to speak to the doctor - the surgery don't answer the phone for days.

HOWEVER if you have the internet you can do an e-consult and get a reply in 48 hours.

What if you are elderly and don't have the internet? You are f**ked. The surgery are prioritising patients with internet but not those on the phone - which is precisely the wrong way round about trying to protect the most vulnerable! These are the people that aren't going to go up to London and protest - they are just going to suffer or even DIE quietly.

I pointed this out to the GP I knew

He didn't give a shit

Mr X
8 hours ago, concordian said:

Our GP has disappeared since corona.

If you call your constantly 50th in the queue and two weeks ago they announced on Facebook that they’ve taken the website down for repairs and it wont be back online for a month or two so you can’t book online or contact by phone either!?!?!

So your left with only 111 or 999!  It’s shocking really.

I can’t understand why it’s not been on the news.  Everyone is up in arms about it around here with people not being able to get repeat prescriptions, moms with babies being stuck in limbo, it’s mad!  

I feel bad for these people that need help because they’ve all been fucked over and one day it’ll be me that needs help so I hope corona is sorted before that happens

Too busy making easy money jabbing people with the death vaxx

Most GPs hated their patients years before COMORBID19

• Agree 2
whitevanman

My dog gets much better medical care than I do. All at a very reasonable price too

Edited by whitevanman
  • Agree 4
  • Lol 3
Caravan Monster

The binary nature of the huge numbers of 'tests' done daily creates the perfect reason for parts of the public sector that wish to continue drawing wages for doing nothing and that will not change until they stop the testing charade which is unlikely with the corner the UK gov have (intentionally?) painted themselves into. Somewhere, someone will be checking the UK gov coronavirus pages and saying 'there's a case in the county, lock the doors and go home'.

Ash4781b
10 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Where I am the tip / recycling requires advance booking. So of course everyone hoards slots. There are no slots for my local tip for a month. There are knock on effects like everyone giving all and sundry to charity so they can deal with it (see here https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56746310 ) , fly tipping and generally cram as much into the weekly collections as possible.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
eight
12 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Where I am the tip / recycling requires advance booking. So of course everyone hoards slots. There are no slots for my local tip for a month. There are knock on effects like everyone giving all and sundry to charity so they can deal with it (see here https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56746310 ) , fly tipping and generally cram as much into the weekly collections as possible.

Where is this? Our council has done the same - slots are actually changing hands on facebook. I mentioned it in the NHS Collapse thread.

Wight Flight
13 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Apply for a trade waste carriers licence.

No need to book. Might cost a couple of quid for a car load, but so much more convenient.

• Informative 1
Sasquatch
39 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

We've started refurbishment work on our new house and went to the local tip a couple of times last week. Only a 5 minute drive from the house. 

It was like going back in time. No pre booking required. No one waving arms and telling us where to go and what to do. We were the only people there to start with. The council worker in charge stayed inside his hut whilst we disposed of 6 or 7 rolls of carpet. 

There was even a pleasant backdrop of sheep gambolling in a field.

It did have a general feel of 'parallel universe'......

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Stuey
1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

We've started refurbishment work on our new house and went to there local tip a couple of times last week. Only a 5 minute drive from the house. 

It was like going back in time. No pre booking required. No one waving arms and telling us where to go and what to do. We were the only people there to start with. The council worker in charge stayed inside his hut whilst we disposed of 6 or 7 rolls of carpet. 

There was even a pleasant backdrop of sheep gambolling in a field.

It did have a general feel of 'parallel universe'......

Going into the gym this week hasn't been like walking into an alcohol haze either. The sanitising and wiping-everything-down bollocks seems to have gone...

Ash4781b
21 minutes ago, eight said:

Where is this? Our council has done the same - slots are actually changing hands on facebook. I mentioned it in the NHS Collapse thread.

Kent. I did wonder whether the slots would become a market. I thought it was linked to car registration number

the gardener
28 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Kent. I did wonder whether the slots would become a market. I thought it was linked to car registration number

Our local tips are. The booking system is a bit shit though. I was booked in for yesterday but didn't plan on the wife needing the van that day. I went online to modify the booking to alter the vehicle details only to find there is no method to do so. Not wanting to fall foul of the ANPR system whilst going in another of my cars (which I have registered with the tip) I had to cancel the appointment at 2 hours notice. I immediately tried to rebook but the slot wasn't there anymore so I booked for today instead. I don't reckon the system released the slot at all since I tried rebooking about 30 seconds afterwards. 

Overall I think it's a good idea to have to book a slot as it makes it so much easier to visit. Many's the time in the past when I've loaded up the van with heaps of rubbish only to find the mother of all queues at the tip and I've turned round and come home. Then I've had the problem of either letting all the rubbish sweat in my car stinking it out to high heavan or unloading everything onto my drive. Admittedly since I've got a garden waste bin that problem is a slightly less smelly one but being guaranteed no queues and aborted trips is fantastic. 

• Agree 2
eight
41 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Overall I think it's a good idea to have to book a slot as it makes it so much easier to visit. 

I agree with that. The problem is they have significantly reduced the number of available slots.

Panther
12 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Yeah Our council wanted us to wait till they were back in the office hahahaha

I do hope you ploughed on ahead regardless