DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid 1984 APK download (app)

Alonso Quijano

Downloaded. Error while parsing the package? 

• Agree 1
Democorruptcy

Can someone do an idiot's guide to this sort of app I am not really an app person :$. I have an old Android smartphone but really hate anything google and have lots of stuff e.g. google play etc turned off using debloater. I basically use the phone for calls, texts, browsing and a GPS walking app. My android is version 4.4 and I couldn't have such as the NHS app needing Android 5, even if I wanted it. Yesterday a pub wanted me to scan a QR code and then I could pay by phone. There's no way I'm having a payment method on my phone. If I put this app on my phone what info will this app want from me, do I put fake personal details in? What will it achieve in pubs etc.?

PrincessDrac

I'm on 4.4.4. 

Will not parse.

In essence will only work on newer operating systems.

Anyone know which one?

PrincessDrac
5 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Can someone do an idiot's guide to this sort of app I am not really an app person :$. I have an old Android smartphone but really hate anything google and have lots of stuff e.g. google play etc turned off using debloater. I basically use the phone for calls, texts, browsing and a GPS walking app. My android is version 4.4 and I couldn't have such as the NHS app needing Android 5, even if I wanted it. Yesterday a pub wanted me to scan a QR code and then I could pay by phone. There's no way I'm having a payment method on my phone. If I put this app on my phone what info will this app want from me, do I put fake personal details in? What will it achieve in pubs etc.?

Will not work in 4.4

• Informative 1
Bus Stop Boxer
9 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I got a Nokia 5 for about £45 on ebay. Set it up with a totally fake google persona.

I think you have to see something like this as a "cost of doing business" expense.

My regular phone will be untouched. And also no way im having any financial shite on my phone.

However ive downloaded the app and it does open, but cant see an icon for the fucker apart from in my app list.

Its still there in recent pages. Im 55 and have NEVER scanned a QR code. Not even sure what to do now i have it.:D

As far as i can see, you manually enter the name of the pub youre going in to and it pops up with a green tick.

Is that it? Is there any need to really scan anything?

Comical really.

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer
  • Agree 2
Bus Stop Boxer
3 minutes ago, PrincessDrac said:

I'm on 4.4.4. 

Will not parse.

In essence will only work on newer operating systems.

Anyone know which one?

Whatever a Nokia 5 goes up to.

PrincessDrac
8 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Whatever a Nokia 5 goes up to.

Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)

• Informative 1
Carl Fimble
26 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

When I used it * (well, the web version, when it worked) I think it just asked for the name of the venue, then it'd display the screen you need to get in places, with the venue name on the screen. 

* I never actually used it to get in anywhere, but someone I know did. I only tested it out. 

• Informative 1
Carl Fimble
21 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

I got a Nokia 5 for about £45 on ebay. Set it up with a totally fake google persona.

I think you have to see something like this as a "cost of doing business" expense.

My regular phone will be untouched. And also no way im having any financial shite on my phone.

However ive downloaded the app and it does open, but cant see an icon for the fucker apart from in my app list.

Its still there in recent pages. Im 55 and have NEVER scanned a QR code. Not even sure what to do now i have it.:D

As far as i can see, you manually enter the name of the pub youre going in to and it pops up with a green tick.

Is that it? Is there any need to really scan anything?

Comical really.

I think you just pretend to scan the QR code at the door of the venue, having first typed in the venue name yourself. 

• Agree 1
Funn3r

I never scan anything unless they make a big deal out of it. Someone came round to the table waving a big QR code so I took a photo of it with my phone. She was fine with that. Camera makes a sort of click noise; never seen the real app so don't know if she was expecting a special beep. Maybe she was just going through the motions and didn't care.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2
Bus Stop Boxer
19 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I think you just pretend to scan the QR code at the door of the venue, having first typed in the venue name yourself. 

I think so too.

So the only fly in the ointment could be vigilant door staff who know the venues unique name, that we, the general punterage, may not be aware of.

Still a good bit of kit though.:)

• Agree 2
Carl Fimble
13 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I never scan anything unless they make a big deal out of it. Someone came round to the table waving a big QR code so I took a photo of it with my phone. She was fine with that. Camera makes a sort of click noise; never seen the real app so don't know if she was expecting a special beep. Maybe she was just going through the motions and didn't care.

I was in a Morrisons cafe last July and they asked me to scan some shit, I said I'd prefer not to and so they brought a form for me to fill in. I just left it on the table uncompleted. 

• Cheers 1
Carl Fimble
1 minute ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

I think so too.

So the only fly in the ointment could be vigilant door staff who know the venues unique name, that we, the general punterage, may not be aware of.

Still a good bit of kit though.:)

Just walk out at that point, muttering something about not wanting to drink in their shitty pub anyway. 

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1
Funn3r

What does the apk actually do? Tried to install on my old phone but didn't work. Is the app interesting enough to risk it on my real phone?

spunko
49 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

What does the apk actually do? Tried to install on my old phone but didn't work. Is the app interesting enough to risk it on my real phone?

It's quite basic, it just generates a convincing looking version of the track and trace "successfully checked in" screen, based on what you've typed in yourself beforehand. A good tip - the venue name is always at the very top of the QR code sheet thing. It's a pain sometimes having to type in "J.R. Wetherspoon The Flying Dutchman", some of them are sadly in that format, but not all.

To be honest you can just blag it, just feign that you've scanned it, they don't seem to care in maybe 75% of pubs.

• Informative 2
spunko

What I've done is turned my phone to 'dark mode' so that there is a reduced chance of them noticing that I've checked in under "The Flying Duckman" or some auto-correct typo, they'll instead be highly confused by the black background and inverted text colour :S

The things we have to do to be left alone by the State Apparatus... :CryBaby:

PS: Another tip I've learned if you're travelling to a different "tier" area (assuming the bring that back) and you don't know the area, look out for a street name and a town nearby. Last year I was asked several times where I live i.e. am I from the correct tier. Yes yes I live in School Lane, Mayfield... honest...

Hopefully we won't have to go back to that shite.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 2
Turned Out Nice Again

You don't even need a hooky app when the real one is brain-dead. I think poster @Stuey put me onto this - apologies if it was someone else.

Download the real NHS app (NHS Covid-19) from Google Play to a 2nd phone with an anonymized Google account installed. You need to have the latest android services package runniing with T&T (it will prompt you to d/l it if you haven't) but don't actually need to register for T&T. A sim or internet connection thereafter is likewise not required but Bluetooth needs to be switched-on.

Then you can scan venue QR codes to your heart's content and get green ticks for the door men.

As an extra precaution, turn off autonatic updating on Google Play in case they twig and push a more secure version of the app in the future.

I'm using my old Google Nexus 5 mobile which is  handy size to carry as an extra phone. 

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1
ccc

When I click on it it tries to open in office suite but can't seem to open any other way O.o

PaulParanoia

There's a more up to date version which lets you scan the QR code and then displays the fake confirmation (automatically looking up the details).  If people want it I can upload to a shared location.  Just let me know where.

• Cheers 6
ccc
1 hour ago, PaulParanoia said:

There's a more up to date version which lets you scan the QR code and then displays the fake confirmation (automatically looking up the details).  If people want it I can upload to a shared location.  Just let me know where.

Hooky thread in stealth ? 

spunko
13 hours ago, PaulParanoia said:

Yeah please do upload it to the above site I used. You might need to download an app called APK saver or similar which will create the APK file from the app itself....