• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

Slaphead poll

Slaphead poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Slaphead, partial or otherwise?

• Total slaphead
    • Partial slaphead
    • Hirsute (heads only please, most baldies are hairy somewhere)
    • Taken the Wayne Rooney/Shane Warne route
    • embarrassing rug

Partial - could have a tremendous mullet if required. I think it's something in the uk water... Go anywhere in Europe & less slapheadisation.

Edited by mattydread

I love bald men.  Whether natural bald, shaved existing left over hair or completely shaved.

Please embrace it.  Loads of women love you for it.  Being upset by it or trying to cover it in some way is NOT attractive.  Baring baldness WITH confidence is totally fabulous.  

Just now, Miss S said:

I love bald men.  Whether natural bald, shaved existing left over hair or completely shaved.

Please embrace it.  Loads of women love you for it.  Being upset by it or trying to cover it in some way is NOT attractive.  Baring baldness WITH confidence is totally fabulous.  

There are videos on YouTube that demonstrate that men's wigs can be virtually undetectable these days. However, regardless of this I think most women's skin would crawl if they suddenly found out the guy they were sleeping with had someone else's dead hair glued to his head.

1 hour ago, Miss S said:

I'm still not shaving my head. I tried it once, and nobody sat next to me on the bus.

Not enough baldies - I suspect female respondents are skewing the poll - should have specified "men-only".

On the topic of appearing younger, I think shaven men all appear to be 30+ but beyond that it's difficult to tell as hair is the dominant yardstick for determining age.

I first shaved my head at 36 when my barnet suggested 40+.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

5 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Not enough baldies - I suspect female respondents are skewing the poll. Should have specified "men-only".

or follicle deniers 

Hamlet cigars – Photobooth – CDP

Edited by montecristo

1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

I suspect female respondents are skewing the poll - should have specified "men-only".

Obviously, I did not respond to the poll.  Just made an observation.  

xD

Dad's side of the family have great heads of hair, not many baldies there, my dad in his late 70s still has good hair although it is white now, not receeding or anything, plenty on top.  Mum's side of the family they were all kojak's in their 20s, classic male pattern baldness 

Had luscious long locks when younger, started growing my hair long at 15 or so, was a hippy/rocker.  Started at uni just when grunge hit the big time in 1991, kept it growing and had hair halfway down my back ( :( ) , after uni started cutting it back and think I started noticed a bit of receeding of the hairline at the temples around 26.  As got older noticed the steady receeding at the front and the classic 'under the thumb' thinning spot appearing at the back of the bonce when I was 30, still had good hair on top though.

Had my hair cut shorter by then, was on a number 4 or so when I went to the barbers, then the steady decline started ... and it was getting thinner mainly on the top of my bonce ... eventually when I was about 37 took the plunge and got some hair clippers and learnt how to use them to do my own bonce, noticed the hairline was changing with quite a bit of receeding at the sides and front, thinner on top but reasonable on the sides (the classic monk's cut!).  First of all it was going on a no.2 ... as the years have gone on (45 now) I have to give it an all over with no guard on a no. zero cut every 3 or so days.  I've got the salt and pepper going on in the hair and the stubble has got bits of grey in it now. In fact I am a beagle - I've got dark hair, grey hair and gingerish hair (a legacy of the irish half lol).

Used to bother me when I was in my early 30s, now I give zero fucks (as in pretty much all aspects of my life) and am happy to be in great physical health and shape (probably better than ever in my life) and I'm always interested in how old people think I am - it's ranged from late 20s to mid 30s, so a good 10 years younger.  I think if you're healthy, don't get fat and exercise then you will feel confident, look better and younger.  Karl Pinkington looks older than 42, if he got into shape, just cut his bonce to a number 1 / zero and kept clean shaven/slight stubble he'd look mid 30s. Some people just look older than their age but the hair on him did make him look much younger.

I have zero chest hair too btw ... :( 

1 hour ago, Miss S said:

Obviously, I did not respond to the poll.  Just made an observation.  

xD

Are you sure there are no women voting?

beard-stoning-life-of-brian.jpg

Seriously, what's the point of holding onto a receding barnet for a man. It's no longer edifiying yet still demands tiresome maintenance in the form of expensive haircuts and shampooing, combing etc. And don't get me started on the price of Brylcreem!

Better to shave it and be done.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

3 hours ago, BigV said:

Did you see that episode where Karl pilkington had an expensive wig? 

A bit of hair does knock about 10 years off you

Untitled.png

It's actually very touching how genuinely happy Karl is with the wig, and how gutted he is when his GF tells him she doesn't like it:

33 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I'm somewhere between IV and V on the above scale, but I'm all Wookiee from the neck down...

There's too much grey to go beyond a #2 on the clippers!

This is something I don't like when I cut very short to 1 on sides - what's left is white!

would go full slap head  but, well, a large head, and white, personally I reckon brown bald men look better, might do it in another climate as I tan a bit.

Edited by swissy_fit

Started receceding in my early twenties but this has slowed - my Dad is almost 70 and his hair stopped receding in his 50's. On the chart above I would say I'm number 3. Always had a high hairline - mates at school used to rib me about it saying I would be bald before 30. I'm now the only one of them who has hair 😁

4 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

In my 50s and still have a full head of hair. Some minor recession on the temples but nothing noticeable.

Hair wanker 😂

Inbetweeners joke - no insult intended, but then I can't see how ribbing someone for having hair could be an insult.