DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Latitude Financial

wherebee

Just going to park this here:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/consumer-lender-latitude-financial-jumps-15-on-australia-debut-2021-04-20

for the future, as @spygirl did with the steel magnolias of Gupta.

The CEO, Fahour, is what I would call 'someone I wouldn't trust with my pint whilst I go for a piss'.  When he was running Auspost he gave a couple of million bucks to a charity run by his brother.....which also employed other family members.  Just my opinion, mind. I'm sure he's not done anything legally wrong. xD

I also know indirectly someone that worked with him and he holds the same opinion as me.

Let's see what the future holds.  I also suspect some of these other late entry finance houses springing up across the UK and USA and Oz lending small amounts to retail investors will be spectacular failures at some point...

6 hours ago, wherebee said:

Just going to park this here:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/consumer-lender-latitude-financial-jumps-15-on-australia-debut-2021-04-20

for the future, as @spygirl did with the steel magnolias of Gupta.

The CEO, Fahour, is what I would call 'someone I wouldn't trust with my pint whilst I go for a piss'.  When he was running Auspost he gave a couple of million bucks to a charity run by his brother.....which also employed other family members.  Just my opinion, mind. I'm sure he's not done anything legally wrong. xD

I also know indirectly someone that worked with him and he holds the same opinion as me.

Let's see what the future holds.  I also suspect some of these other late entry finance houses springing up across the UK and USA and Oz lending small amounts to retail investors will be spectacular failures at some point...

No matter how shut, bent n dodgy the UK virp sector can be, and how bent n venal the finsec can get to, the Oz finsec is 100x worst.

Soon - very soon - Oz will get the equivalent of pension misselling, ppi, endowment misselling, mortgage fraud, everything, all at the same time.

Archived