DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Bargain property (not)

janch

Frank Hovis

It's got a very decent plot.

Here's a UK wooden shed I posted in another thread with no such decent plot.

£400k to you sir.

0_JS232825253.jpg

That is it.  It isn't the summerhouse in the garden.

And inside.  Well as was pointed out on the other thread if you want to use the kicthen then you will need to drag the settee out of the way first.

0_JS232825254.jpg

£400k.

Bargain.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/gallery/quirky-wooden-cabin-most-fantastic-5306530

With a crooked smile

A friend of mine bought his 2 bed house just outside Llanberis maybe 8 years ago paid just over 50k. Always struck me as mad that not that far away you had these non permanent basically leasehold mobile homes marketed at 'executives'. 

Green Devil
On 21/04/2021 at 14:41, Frank Hovis said:

Here's a UK wooden shed I posted in another thread with no such decent plot.

£400k to you sir.

0_JS232825253.jpg

That is it.  It isn't the summerhouse in the garden.

And inside.  Well as was pointed out on the other thread if you want to use the kicthen then you will need to drag the settee out of the way first.

0_JS232825254.jpg

£400k.

Bargain.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/gallery/quirky-wooden-cabin-most-fantastic-5306530

Ah, but you should of mentioned it has a view all down carbis bay! Thats got to be worth 395k even if the beach huts only worth 5K. Dont undersell it, youll never make an estate agent :)

Wight Flight
11 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Ah, but you should of mentioned it has a view all down carbis bay! Thats got to be worth 395k even if the beach huts only worth 5K. Dont undersell it, youll never make an estate agent :)

You joke, but how do you value a view?

If I had some shifty little overlooked yard, I would be stopping off at various hostelries on the way home from work / at the weekend.

As it is, I have a better view from home than almost any bar.

That alone is saving me £60+ per week. £3k per year pays a lot of rent / mortgage interest.

Green Devil
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

You joke, but how do you value a view?

If I had some shifty little overlooked yard, I would be stopping off at various hostelries on the way home from work / at the weekend.

As it is, I have a better view from home than almost any bar.

That alone is saving me £60+ per week. £3k per year pays a lot of rent / mortgage interest.

I think if youd just spunked 400k on a shed youd also be down the pub, only youd be staying down there permanently, drowing your sorrows :CryBaby:

The terrain is sliding out from under the foundation

Plot is perhaps a decent size but looks like it's a steep hillside. That may mean it has a stunning view.

Complaints here comparing the price of the build with the price of the shed are frankly just silly. That plot assuming it has effective auto permission [legal right] to build a replacement for the hut is worth the value you could sell the newly completed house for less the build cost including piling I guess [eathquake proof probably] less some profit. Build maybe 200-300k so a house there costs 800k+. since it's greenback bog roll ... not a lot for a prime location [if it is].

It's in San Francisco so if I win the lottery I'd buy it and invite the junkies from downtown to come over and openly defecate and inject themselves with heroin. Trolling my new millionaire libtard tosser neighbours would be worth it.

They all voted for it so need to see the fruits of their labour :Sick1:

Lightly Toasted
On 21/04/2021 at 14:41, Frank Hovis said:

Indeed, the price given per sq ft is eye-watering but relates only to the dilapidated cabin (992 sq ft). It's a bit like offering a rotting shed in the corner of a field, and coming up with a headline price per acre from the area of the shed.

Unfortunately, the kind of person able to rebuild the cabin probably knows better than to own property in California :D

Archived