DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Kirstie thinks the market's overheating

SpectrumFX

You've got to laugh, the market's now so detatched from reality that even Kirsite Allsopp has noticed.

xD

Chewing Grass

Know the area well, financial underpinnings are generally poor other than a few select areas, Wilmslow, Hale, Knutsford, Sandbach and the large farming areas and surrounding villages. All the industrial towns, Northwich, Winsford, Wrexham, half of Chester, Runcorn, Warrington, Crewe, Middlewich, Nantwich, Macclesfield are generally 3 mortgage payments from oblivion.

Looking round my Estate it is full of 30 somethings with 2x upper end lease cars, (woman being always overweight) with 2 primary age kids who think spending 80-100K on a mahoosive extention kitted out grand designs style with bespoke kitchens and bathrooms (granite worktops and slabs of black marble) on a 1960s semi is a great idea.

God bless 2% interest rates and all who have faith in them along with the non-jobs to pay said interest rate.

House prices out of control, it's 1988 as eager house buyers race to beat stamp duty holiday deadline

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/apr/21/uk-property-sales-at-16-year-high-as-house-prices-soar

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/house-prices-uk-average-property-mortgage-b1835117.html

Bobthebuilder
25 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Know the area well, financial underpinnings are generally poor other than a few select areas, Wilmslow, Hale, Knutsford, Sandbach and the large farming areas and surrounding villages. All the industrial towns, Northwich, Winsford, Wrexham, half of Chester, Runcorn, Warrington, Crewe, Middlewich, Nantwich, Macclesfield are generally 3 mortgage payments from oblivion.

Looking round my Estate it is full of 30 somethings with 2x upper end lease cars, (woman being always overweight) with 2 primary age kids who think spending 80-100K on a mahoosive extention kitted out grand designs style with bespoke kitchens and bathrooms (granite worktops and slabs of black marble) on a 1960s semi is a great idea.

God bless 2% interest rates and all who have faith in them along with the non-jobs to pay said interest rate.

Lovely part of the world though. I have relatives that way and a fondness for chips and gravy.

The Grey Man

17 percent still furloughed?

Blimey. I live north of here and the M56/ M60/A34 junctions are busy again.

There must be some working whilst on furlough.

The heat from there is palpable here in bollocks pricing.

Heat moving south to north. Friend divorced..could easily live in Macclesfield and get much better than up into the edge of the Greater Manchester commute catchment area. Prefers the latter.

The Grey Man
21 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Lovely part of the world though. I have relatives that way and a fondness for chips and gravy.

And a bit of this..not spicy but nice mixed in with gravy.

Alas made on the wrong side of the hills. Good stuff though.20210421_233852.thumb.jpg.902a0f4bc4b9eb3f392f62d7b923b805.jpg

There's not too many properties coming onto the market - that's what is keeping prices buoyant. They're getting offers quite quickly too - even the mundane looking houses. 

With a crooked smile
On 21/04/2021 at 23:18, Bobthebuilder said:

Got to be chips and a ladle full of curry sauce for me! 

Bobthebuilder
16 hours ago, With a crooked smile said:

Got to be chips and a ladle full of curry sauce for me! 

I met the Lass in your avatar at a party in someone's house, rural west Dorset late 80s. She was beautiful then, I mean really funny, a good laugh.

With a crooked smile
10 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I met the Lass in your avatar at a party in someone's house, rural west Dorset late 80s. She was beautiful then, I mean really funny, a good laugh.

I took my step son to see her when he was maybe 6 or 7. It was a strange night for a few reasons afterwards I asked what he thought. He was pretty amazed 'she sounds like a man' was his response. 

Archived